off to the fair

inhale, exhale on repeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua knew the moment she was running late that she was in trouble. 

“Sorry I’m late,” she managed out of breath but, thankfully, not keeled over like a forty year smoker.

“It’s alright,” Soojin said. There was a twinge to her tone that spoke of a future conversation; one to be had in private. “This is…”

“Loren,” the man who introduced himself was a head taller than Shuhua and built with the shoulders of a linebacker. “We have Dance History together.” 

From the blatant ogling she had observed on her approach to the ribbing teases of his friends, Shuhua had a sneaking suspicion of the man’s lingering intent. “Shuhua.” Regardless, she accepted his hand and with a knowing smirk added, “Soojin and I have life together.” 

It was delightful - from the way Loren and his friends stilled to the way Soojin brushed her fingers down her spine, clicking her tongue against the roof of . 

"So…" Loren glanced around, "Is it just you two?" 

Ignoring the implication, Shuhua turned to Soojin. "Should we be expecting someone else?" Her tone was teasing and the pinch to her side was expected. "Yah!" 

“What I meant,” Loren amended, missing the teasing in Shuhua’s eyes, “If it’s just the two of you, you’re more than welcome to join our group.” He pointed his thumb over his shoulder to half the group that remained, the others disinterested in his glaringly obvious crush.

Shuhua wanted to sigh. She wanted to tell the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter