secrets

inhale, exhale on repeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin isn’t sure where Shuhua keeps sneaking off to, but one thing she knows for sure is that Shuhua doesn’t sneak. Or at least, not well. 

The first time she tries to sneak off, Haku and Mata follow her all the way to the door. Their playful barks are boisterous enough to wake anyone; excluding Miyeon, of course. 

The second time, Shuhua tumbles over her own shoes. Ironically, it’s the same shoes she promised to put away earlier and forgot. 

The third time, she couldn't find her jacket. How does Soojin know this? Well, Shuhua told her as she waltzed into the room to rifle through Soojin’s closet for one to wear. 

By the seventh debauched attempt, Shuhua yelling at Miyeon to be quiet and to "not tell Jinjin", Soojin opened the app she swore she never would when Shuhua installed it. Maybe it felt like stalking, being able to track her anywhere in the world, but Shuhua insisted it was for safety purposes when Soojin tried to delete it. 

Safety and stalking. 

"Where is she…" Soojin glanced up at the building in front of her. The directory in the front listed several businesses, one of which stuck out like a sore thumb. 

Pole Junkies Fitness

Like a disease, the heat starts in her chest and crawls up her skin. 

Later that night when Shuhua returns, exhausted and sore, Soojin doesn't say a word. After all, how does she ask Shuhua if she's been sneaking out late to go pole dancing?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter