happy accidents?

inhale, exhale on repeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can't just accidentally get married," Yuqi huffed into the receiver of the phone. 

"I did." 

"Yeah, but like… that's not even legal!" The line went silent for a minute before Yuqi added, "Is it?" 

"It is."

Halfway out of her chair, Yuqi cried, "How… Who… what… when… where… how?" 

"You said how twice." The response was teasing. 

"Shut up." Yuqi was too young for this sort of . And it was only Tuesday.

"The honeymoon was nice. I think you might like her." 

"Honeymoon?!" Yuqi was red in the face as she shouted. When her neighbour began pounding on the wall she tilted the receiver, muffling her phone with the fabric over her collar, and pounded right back. "I'M HAVING A CRISIS HERE!" The thumping stopped. "Serious. No respect. And you!" Her attention returned to the call, "Who are you and what have you done with my friend?!" 

"Excuse me for calling to tell you the news. I'll just hang-" 

", you hang up this phone and I don't care who you are, I will find you." It was a serious threat, one Yuqi uttered from the kitchen floor dressed in pyjamas with cute little frogs on them. "I left you alone for like… an hour last night, how the sweet Jesus did you go and get yourself married and have a honeymoon? It's only-" Yuqi squinted at the stove clock, "-Two in the afternoon!" 

"It's three." There was a huff of exasperation. "I told you to change your clocks. Time change, remember?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter