Chapter 2

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Grandpa!!! I told you she has a daughter. And she’s associated with a young idol/CEO of another entertainment company. Rumors said he could be the father of that child. How can you trust her so much!?”

Mina has becoming dizzy watching Momo walking back & forth while arguing with her grandpa over the phone for so many minutes already. She can only shake her head, having enough with Momo being so stubborn right now.

“Do you think I don’t know what’s running into your mind grandpa? The reason why you’ve been bragging her to me every time we meet was because you’re considering her to run our own family business if I ever refuse to take your seat someday. Don’t you think it’s a big betrayal for dad? He’s been wanting to prove himself to you but you can’t even trust your own son.”

That’s right. Momo’s grandpa only trusts her. Only her, that’s why he has been staying as the president though he’s too old to run the company coz he really wants Momo to take the seat when she’s on the right age. Too bad. Momo has no interest on their business at all.

“What if this is her plan? To take over the company and then gave it to that idol slash young CEO secret husband?”

Yep. Momo really did search of Park Jihyo on google and saw an article seeing her daughter with a man named Kang Daniel who happens to be a famous idol and CEO in Korea. And it’s been bothering her not to be able to sleep not like on her plan.

“Aish! I don’t know anymore. You’re not even going to listen on your own grandchild. Goodbye!” Momo rudely dropped the call and then annoyingly turned herself on Mina, frustratedly seated on the single couch beside on Mina who is busy now on her phone.

It took many seconds before Mina looks at Momo.

“Looks like you’re still in doubt with the acting CEO. It’s been many years since she taken a seat here in Korea and you’re still not trusting her? She’s been doing a good job.” Mina commented, waited for Momo to say anything but nothing comes into Momo’s mouth. Only silence, and sighs.

One of the reasons why Momo doesn’t want to meet the acting CEO was because his dad wanted it—the position the acting CEO has. His dad wants a higher position but his grandpa just won’t risk it. He can’t blame his grandpa since his dad failed more than three time already, but still, the thought of giving their business to unrelated family was still too much. Momo won’t allow it.

Momo did a long deep sigh thinking on what to do so Mina can’t help it but chuckled. Momo looks at her, puzzled. Mina grins wide more after taking Momo’s attention.

“Sorry. It’s just new for me.” Mina stated confusing Momo more.

“What’s new?”

“Your face. It’s a new for me. Your expressionless bored face changed. You said you felt everything boring now. Even on your first love, dancing. But now…” Mina leaned closer on Momo’s face, smiling meaningfully. “It amaze me seeing various expressions on your face again. You look like you’re actually enjoying your current situation.”

“Eh? What do you mean?” Momo asked not getting what Mina is saying.

“Nothing.” Mina shook her head and stands from the couch, doesn’t want to give Momo any clue. “Try to meet her and see for yourself. If she’s really someone you can’t trust. I’ll be sleeping now. I’m tired coz you left all the work on me. Tss…” Momo watched Mina going, still thinking on what Mina said just now.

“Do I look like I am enjoying this?” She thought on what does it means but… “I am not! That acting CEO is just stressing me out.” She strongly claimed trying to change her thoughts into something else.

 

 

 

Momo is now entering Starbucks to order her favorite coffee while she has two opened snacks on both of her hand. She’s eating it simultaneously doesn’t care if people were looking weirdly at her.

 “EH!?” She muttered in surprised, wiping her eyes with the back of her dirty hand seeing the acting CEO’s daughter, seating alone on the corner. “Should I?” She asked herself battling on her mind if she’s going to approach the little girl or not. But then they made eye contact making her no choice but to shyly wave and smile stiffly to the baby girl.

The child then anxiously looks around before she forces herself for a smile too. Momo wonders why she looks nervous than the other day so she made herself invited and approach the girl.

“Hi. Tzuyu, right? Where is your nanny?” She asked but the kid only shook her head. “Don’t tell me you alone here now?” She asked again but she only shook her head again. “Eh?” Momo can only exclaim really felt dumb trying to understand what does it mean.

‘If she’s not with her nanny but also not alone, does it mean she’s…’ Momo stops from thinking when she saw Tzuyu looking craving on the snacks she’s holding. She smiled so wide before she offers it to Tzuyu.

“I know you want some. Here. It’s yours.” She pushes it to Tzuyu. Tzuyu on the other hand was really tempting to take it but then thinking of her mom can already make her nervous, so she pulled Momo’s hand away instead.

“N-No. Mom- Mommy says I can’t eat junk foods. S-She’s gonna be angry at me.” Momo mentally scoffs angrily. Doesn’t know why the fact that this child was so scared of eating junk food was enough for her to boiled in anger.

Momo then decided to took a single piece of her chips and put it on Tzuyu’s mouth. Momo smiled nodding to her.

“It’s okay. Mommy won’t know it. I’ll take this a secret.” Momo convinced the Tzuyu by her warm presence. And maybe because Tzuyu has been wondering on how foods like this tasted like so she opens and bite into it.

Tzuyu widened her eyes with the crunchy and salty yet really tasty flavor she had ever try. Momo grins on Tzuyu’s cutest reaction so she shoves another piece on Tzuyu’s mouth. Tzuyu continuously eats what Momo is giving her deliciously.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

But then that voice and appearance made Tzuyu coughs and choke on the chips. Momo immediately took the water to give it to Tzuyu but the girl who just speaks snatches it from her. Feeding Tzuyu instead of her.

When Tzuyu was doing okay Momo breathe out of relief but almost got choke like Tzuyu too when now she’s facing the person, she doesn’t want to see at all.

“I am asking you. Why… are you feeding my child a food made of trash!?”

Momo’s jaw drops hearing that comment on one of her favorite foods. Momo looks away for a second calming herself before she looks back, battling fiercely on the glares she is receiving right now. Park Jihyo, is really not a type of a person she would trust.

“FYI! No foods were made of trash. As long as it fills your stomach, every food is important. Don’t you know how many people who starve to death and you’re criticizing a food? And you left your child alone here so I just want to accompany her. What if someone tries to do something bad to her while you were away?”

“Like on what you’re trying to do?”

Momo scoffs unbelieved… “W-WHAT!?” She raised her voice but Jihyo ignore her and leans to her child instead. She fixed her child and hugged to carry her while Momo were just watching, still dumbfounded.

“Tzuyu-ah. What did mommy say?” She talks to her daughter for a while before she lifts her up and stare directly at Momo. “Mommy says not to talk to strangers. Especially those who attracts you with food right? They could be bad people.”

“YAH!!!” Momo shouted snatching the attention of the people inside. Jihyo rolled her eyes one last time before she walks out leaving the really having a hard time to cool herself.

Seconds passed calming herself, she turned her head outside seeing Jihyo entering her car and leaves.

She clenches her fist really annoyed. “That acting CEO thinks she’s great huh? I think I should really visit her and especially introduce myself for her to know who’s the real boss later at the company. She needs to know her place.” Momo told herself, and then glares to those people who’s still looking at her.

 

 

 

Momo arrived on the CEO floor being greeted with desk woman smiling at her.

“You’re Ms. Myoi Momo, right? Are you here to report to Ms. Park?” Part of Momo hiding herself from the public is to use her partner's surname. Everyone thinks she's Mina's real cousin, though they clearly not. Only family and few friends know her real identity.

Momo tilted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter