Chapter 4

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“No. It’s really my fault. And I’m really sorry. I wasn’t thinking straight that time. I was too worried so I thought my daughter was kidnapped. That’s how I interpreted it watching the cctv.” Both Jihyo and Momo laughs, as they then seated on the chair across each other.

“Do I look like a kidnapper? And by the way? Don’t you know me? I’m pretty famous.” Momo asked, but got surprised when Tzuyu who was about to seat beside her mother, move next to her. Momo saw Jihyo’s concern expression, but then force a smile on her.

“Right. I know you now Ms. Myoi Momo. I mean, I know you of course. I just didn’t recognize you that time because I only care about my daughter so…” Jihyo thought on what to add but she’s having a hard time explaining it, causing for Momo to chuckled and shook her head.

“Alright. I get it. And I have less make-up that day so I probably look ugly than how I look on the camera.” Momo said, then the waiter came, disturbing their conversation. Jihyo told her order. Momo too.

“And…” Jihyo looked at the menu again, looking for what to order for her daughter.

“Choco! I want Choco Mommy.” Jihyo looks up, but in her disappointment, Tzuyu was telling it to Momo. Momo felt stuck on her situation. She’s still not getting how this end up to this.

“Ah… this?” But then thought maybe she should just go with the flow for a while not to cause ruckus.

“Hot chocolate please and…” Momo is now the one to find for Tzuyu’s food.

“She loves donut.” Jihyo in, knowing Momo is having a hard time.

“Yeah.” Momo muttered, a little relieved on her situation. Jihyo is now the one to tell the orders correctly, while Momo observed Tzuyu playing alone but keeps glancing at her from time to time, exactly the same way her fans look at her, endearingly.

“So…” Momo turned her head up to Jihyo again, as the waiter left them. She hissed for so long, doesn’t know how to start. “What is this?” that’s all that entered her mind, but Jihyo knows what Momo is actually asking. She knows she needs to explain everything.

“When she woke up that day, the first she searched is her mommy. Of course, I immediately run to her and say I was just by her side. But no. She said I wasn’t her mommy. Not anymore.” Jihyo bravely told Momo, even though it is aching her as a mother. Momo too, doesn’t know why she’s feeling sad and guilty hearing this.

“I thought at first it will just last for that day. But nope, five days and she’s still looking her new mommy. She became so stubborn to the point she cries out loud when I insist and corrected her telling I am her mommy, and not you.” Momo never felt uncomfortable just by listening like this before.

“I’m sorry.” So, Momo thought she really needs to apologize though she didn’t know this is how her lie would turn out. “I didn’t know my words will really affects her like this.” She added, really felt bad knowing this, but Jihyo shaken her head, reassuring her that it’s not her fault.

“This is why I want to talk to you right now. I want to know what exactly had happen and what did you say to her. Maybe that would help me, and her.”

Momo thought of it. Collecting all of her memories that day and how she'll start...

“Okay." She took a deep breathe for starting "I was waiting for you for like 30 minutes. I was about to go when that, not so good maid goes out your office. I then noticed the door left open so I peeked, seeing her, alone." Momo looks at tzuyu for a second before she came back to Jihyo.

"I got worried, coz I sensed that something is wrong. I asked her questions and she told me everything I told you at the hospital. Then I suddenly got to notice the rashes on her skins, I check on her properly. Just so you know, we have the same allergic reaction so I easily get what's happening to her." Jihyo nodded to her, gradually starting to understand everything.

"Then, I tried to carry her to go to the hospital of course, but she was so stubborn, struggling strong on me. She keeps telling mommy says, mommy says over and over and she was so afraid to go out your office because of that mommy says." Momo frown out of it, grown curious "What is it, by the way?” so she asked.

“It’s a rule I made for her." Jihyo answered without hesitating. "You know, I was too busy with my work and can’t guard her 24/7. Since I know how obedient she is, I told her if I said Mommy says to her, she needs to obey whatever I ordered her to do.”

“Ah…” Momo laughs on her thoughts “What a rule.”

“Yah!” Jihyo immediately reaches her daughter’s ears, covering it. “Are you crazy? You had a child sitting on your side.”

“Ah-- hehe...” Momo smiled awkwardly, scolding herself through her head forgetting there’s a child there.

“Right. But it’s okay. She won’t get it.” Still, tried to defend herself though. Jihyo glares madly, before she let go of Tzuyu’s ears and sit back.

“Mommy what’s ?” Momo almost chokes on it, coughing nonstop. She can now feel Jihyo’s burning gazes so she can’t look up, and just drink some water to cope up her nervousness. The food then arrived saving her…

“It’s a- yeah, it’s a food.” Making her come up with a not so good lie for an innocent kid.

“A food? Is it delicious?” Momo again hardly breathes, immediately shook her head.

“N-No. It’s not for kids. Forget that word, hmn? Here, drink your choco.” She then successfully turned Tzuyu’s attention away from her. Jihyo too, placed a crayon and book on Tzuyu’s table.

“Here baby. A coloring book for you~” So that Tzuyu won’t give her attention to the two of them conversing again.

“Yey! I will color with red. I love red!” Tzuyu happily muttered, now making both of Jihyo and Momo relieved.

They then looked at each other at the same time, making an awkward atmosphere enveloping them again.

“W-Where was we again?” Momo was the one to speak up, as the silence were making her nervous and suffocated more.

“You’re taking her to the hospital.” Jihyo reminded...

“Right.” Momo breathe, gathering her courage to be able to say everythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter