Chapter 12

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Momo just arrived at Jihyo’s house. Not like on her plan she’s coming home alone without Tzuyu. The three kids maybe had played too much and drained all their energy that they fell asleep at the playroom. Jeongyeon recommended not to disturb Tzuyu and just let the kids sleep which she agreed on.

Momo dropped herself on the couch for a while, staring on the dark ceiling since she didn’t mind to open the lights on. She sighs, thinking on what time it is. She then looked at Jihyo’s office, and it seems like Jihyo wasn’t in there, probably sleeping already.

“I should sleep too. I still have shoot tomorrow.” She convinced herself since it’s really late, standing and making her way to her room upstairs.

She was still halfway before coming up the 2nd floor when she saw the lights coming from Jihyo’s room, and also noticing that it’s wide open.

Momo became curious, but actually wanted to ignore it and goes directly on her roomㅡ opposite direction from Jihyo’s. But her feet didn't let her as it brought her to Jihyo’s room direction.

She was hesitating, but she still got a courage to peek insideㅡ seeing Jihyo’s back, standing crossed arms staring on the window.

Momo watched for a while, and then look at her phone to check on the time. It’s almost 2am. Jeongyeon on her drunk a little and talk about life earlier actually.

“Can’t sleep?” Momo couldn’t refrain herself from asking, startling the in deep thoughts, CEO.

Jihyo tries to get herself together first, since she’s in a really messy thought just now. Before she slightly smiled and nodded.

“I can’t. It’s really hard for me to sleep.” She told Momo while walking and seated on her bed.

“Why? Insomnia?” Momo asked, letting herself inside on Jihyo’s room. There she observed the CEO’s room. It’s her first time on Jihyo’s room, and she can say this is the most organized but also felt so empty room she had seen ever.

“I don’t think so. It’s just, because of the lights. I’m sensitive to lights.”

Momo frowned on Jihyo’s answer, couldn’t get her.

“Then turn it off. It’s just that easy.” She slightly gave a sarcastic tone, but Jihyo just chuckled on her.

“I’m…” Jihyo hissed...

Momo is maybe the first person to ever know. She thinks Momo will probably laugh at her.

“Afraid of dark.” She continued, observing carefully on what Momo will react.

But Momo didn’t give any. Staring on her with her big round eyes, blinking once. Jihyo flinched when Momo finally moved after staring out of nowhere for so long like she’s thinking on something.

“Wait here. I’ll get you something.”

Jihyo couldn’t even reply, as Momo dashed out her room.

Now she’s in a complete confusion. Momo is really hard to understand sometimes, she thought. She looks outside the window again. It’s too dark. No moon. No stars. The sky is just empty.

“Here.”

Jihyo again was surprised by Momo. She didn’t even felt Momo coming, and all that she’s seeing right now is a small towel on Momo’s hand. She looks up on Momo, with questioning face since she didn’t know what’s the use of it.

“My sister has the same case like you. And she said she slept with her eyes covered. I was thinking maybe you should use sleep mask but I know it's uncomfortable sometimes. So, here. Try to cover your eyes with this. I don’t use this now. It’s not dirty, I swear.” Momo explains, lending her favorite towel she only displays on her room now.

Jihyo on the other hand was hesitating to take it since she thinks she also has lots of blanket and towel for her to use. And seeing the barbie design on it, there's no way she's going to use it.

But thinking that Momo was being considerate to her made her took it, and genuinely smile in return.

“T-Thank you.” She replies, admiring Momo’s kindness.

Momo shook her head, reassuring… “Just tell me if you still can’t sleep. I will try to think of a solution.” She grins so wide, cutely, making Jihyo gulped.

“So…” Jihyo mesmerizing on Momo’s cuteness was stopped, “I’ll be going to my room now. Sorry for disturbing you. Hope you have a nice sleep.” Momo bid for her goodbye just like that, turning her back to Jihyo that made Jihyo react harshly.

“I’ll take Mr. Chairman’s offer!” She blurted out of nowhere, as this has been running through her mind since the dinner. She doesn't want to end this conversation without talking about this. While Momo stops from going, head slowly lifting up staring straight at the wall.

“So, that’s how your dinner meeting my grandpa ended.” Momo scoffs, maybe knew Jihyo will open this conversation though she tried to brush this topic aside tonight.

Jihyo stands, wanted Momo to hear her well.

“I’ve been thinking about this carefully. I understand what you mean earlier. On how this can affect me and my daughter.”

Momo sighs, tilting her head to see how determined Jihyo is.

“But you don’t have to worry about Tzuyu. I still have time. I’ll let Tzuyu knows everything about her dad. I’ll make her understand everything. You said earlier, she’s a smart kid. She’ll understand.” Jihyo looks at Momo, in reassuringly way.

“Mr. Chairman still have a year before he resigns. By that time, I’ll leave being an acting CEO here in this station and go to Japan to take over the main company. But doesn’t mean I will own HMgroup. It’s still your family business. Large shares of stocks will still be divided by your family. Don't know who yet but you'll probably get the highest share. It's your grandpa's wish."

Of course, Momo knows her grandpa will do everything for her. She's the favourite. No. She's her grandma's favourite. Maybe that's why her grandpa was not giving up on her. Before her grandma died, she promised to give everything to her, though she's not interested on her family's wealth actually.

"Your name will be the owner, while I'll be doing the job. It’s like I’ll be your family’s puppet. Do whatever you want, and you don’t have to worry about your business.” Jihyo explains in the simplest possible way Momo will understand.

Momo understands, clearly. She scoffs, unbelieved on how serious Jihyo is telling that to her.

“Isn’t that’s unfair for you?”

“No! It’s not.” Jihyo didn’t even think to answer. Now, Momo’s sure she wouldn’t be able to change this single mother’s mind.

“I owe your grandpa a lot. This is the only way I can repay him. He helped me when I’m struggling to life. I would be nothing now if not because of Mr. Chairman. Tzuyu, my precious daughter won’t be alive if not because of him. So please… let me do this. Hm? I’m willing to do this.”

Momo bit her inside lower lip, eyes shifted to left because Jihyo’s face was too convincing. Now Momo wonders, how Jihyo and her grandpa met before. And what actually had happened. Who the hell is Tzuyu’s father? And why Jihyo is willing to do something like this for her family.

“One thing is for sure.” Momo finally breaks her silence after giving it so much thoughts, “Dad, isn’t going to be happy about this. He won't trust you.” She told Jihyo meeting each other’s eyes. Momo smiled then as a sign of giving up, “But don’t worry. I’ll take care of him for you.”

Jihyo widened her eyes, trying comprehend it. “Y-You mean?”

“Goodnight…” Momo didn’t explain, just chucklingly turned while waving her right hand. “HMgroup's future CEO.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Trainee Im Nayeon was running so hard just to reach the elevator before it closes.

"Oh!?" But she exclaimed in surprised, stopping herself from entering. She stands there outside, bowing to show her respect from the people inside.

It was her dance Mentorㅡ Momo together with the CEO and her daughter.

Nayeon knew she was not supposed to share the elevator with these high people, especially there's clearly this person who was not happy by her appearance.

Yep. Nayeon just knew it.

So, she just smiled there waiting for the elevator to close. But before it fully closes the door slowly opened again, seeing her favorite mentor pressing the button for her.

"It's okay. Join us. We're going in the same place anyway." Momo gladly offers, enticingly smiling.

Nayeon was shook by that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter