Chapter 11

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the door was opened for Momo, the first thing that caught her eyes is the woman she's living with right now.

Just like that Momo's expression drops. She doesn't know what to feel about this actually. Her mind has been messy since earlier. So, she's just there at the entrance, standing eyes blankly fixed on Jihyo while the two inside were staring confused at her.

Momo scoffs turning her attention on his grandpa, who actually invited her for this dinner.

"I thought it would just be us, Mr. Chairman?" Momo asked entering the room, and casually seated beside Jihyo across him.

"Well, I have something so important to say to you, and to her that can only be discussed now because I need to go back to Japan tomorrow. So, I thought maybe I can say it at once by this dinner."

"Really?" Momo turned her head toJihyo, examining her. "I wonder what it is?" She hissed in doubt, smiling in fake.

"Hi. Good evening, Ms. Park." She finally greeted Jihyo formally, smiling meaningfully while she noticed Jihyo's anxious eyes escaping from hers. She squinted her eyes after Jihyo just shyly nodded to her greetings, and looked straight away quickly. Those little suspicious gestures, are making Momo nervous.

"I'll order and let's talk after." Her grandpa told them.

Momo's grandpa was busy talking to the waiter and the chef who personally came just to serve him, so Momo get that chance to hold Jihyo's hand to take her attention but in her surprised, Jihyo flinched, almost tap her hand away out of shock from her natural action.

"Ah— I'm sorry." Jihyo immediately apologizes, whispering so the Chairman wouldn't hear them. But Momo now, is more certain that Jihyo is nervous more than her right now.

"Tzuyu? Where is she?" But she ignored it, trying to not think on the rumor she heard just this afternoon. Still, it's impossible for her.

"S-She's at my f-friend's house. D-Don't worry about her." Jihyo stutteringly told Momo.

Momo nodded only, sitting straight back minding her business. Playing with fork. Jihyo did the same.

"How about you, darling?" Momo widened her eyes as her grandpa just called her in an endearingly way. "What do you want to eat?" Her grandpa continued now directly looking at her, while Momo unconsciously turned her gazes at the girl on her side who has no reaction about that at all.

"J-Just anything." She answered, confused on why Jihyo wasn't even shock hearing that. But also guessing Jihyo was too nervous that she didn't heard that.

"Hmn... Steak I guess? The most expensive one. My granddaughter loves meat." Momo again gasped, can't help but be bothered, thinking that his grandpa forgot that she's hiding herself.

"M-Mr. Chairman..." She slowly uttered, looking back and forth to him and to Jihyo but Momo noticed no change on Jihyo's expression. Momo is puzzled.

"Why?" Her grandpa asked her back as soon as he finished ordering, and only three of them were on the room now. Momo talks by her eyes, reminding him the promise.

"Ah..." He muttered getting Momo, and then laughs confusing Momo more. "It's okay darling. Jihyo knows that you're my granddaughter." Momo got in shock, looking at Jihyo who's stiffly smiling back to her.

"S-She knows? You mean you told her!? You promised me earlier at the elevator!" Momo complains.

"Actually..." Jihyo suddenly speaks, anxiously. "Y-Your grandpa already told me about you a long time ago." Momo frowned questionably, can't process that.

"W-What do you mean?" She just really felt dumb right now.

"When I was still working on Japan as his secretary, he told me everything about you and her plans for you. I know you from the very start, Ms. Hirai Momo." Jihyo told Momo, shaking because she knew Momo was going to get mad about this. It's actually like she lied to her, though she just wants to keep Momo's secret.

"Y-You're his secretary before? And all this time you knew who am I all along?"

"H-Hmn. I also know you want to hide your identity so I never told you. I-I'm sorry for that." Jihyo looks down away from Momo.

"Ah..." Momo felts so betrayed. "Okay. How dumb of me." She scoffs, defeatedly nodding before she faced her grandpa that is on silent right now.

"So, what is this dinner for?" Momo tried not to be suspicious, but right now she can't stop herself but be like that. Especially knowing how close Jihyo to her grandfather to the point that she knows her secret.

The Chairman though deep sighs, readying himself from her granddaughter's possible reaction. He's been telling Momo about this, but just always in a joking way. Now he's serious.

"You know I'm getting older, right?" He started. "I won't deny that I'm getting a lot of sickness because of my age, not that serious but as the time comes, maybe I can get worse. Right now, I can't handle our business anymore. I want to focus on myself and do whatever I want as long as I'm still strong Momo. That's why please-"

"It's that again..." Momo didn't let her grandpa to be finished. "No! I am not going to become your successor. Never! I don't even have an inch interest grandpa and you know it from the very start!" She strongly opposes, actually sick from this topic.

"I hate this!" She doesn't care if Jihyo was there. "You want to do whatever you want? Then how about me? You want me to be tied on something I didn't want to do again? I've been living that way, and you know my situation grandpa. I, don't want to become selfless just for others again. Let me live on my own, not like according to your plan. Hmn? Please..." She begs, emotions unlocking.

"I know." Her grandpa surprisingly muttered,

"Huh?" Now she's baffled on the sudden change.

"That's why all these years I trained Jihyo to take the place I wanted for you." He revealed, and there Jihyo has become more uncomfortable with this, also Momo.

"W-What? Grandpa are you crazy!?" She exclaimed raising her voice. "So, I am right before!? You want to give the company to her? Why? Why her?" She can't understand. She's okay now if Jihyo became the real CEO here in Korea, but not on their overall business. Momo has reason actually.

"Because if not you, she's the most suitable for the seat."

"How about dad?" She reminded, afraid on how this will affect her family actually. "He's your only son. All this time he's anticipating that position. You know he wouldn't like it if he heard this."

"And you also know that he can't even handle our small business. How could I trust him to take care of the whole thing?"

Momo squeezes her eyes tightly, breathing deeply, and exhales slowly to calm herself. As she opens her eyes, she turned her head on Jihyo.

"W-Will you please leave us for a moment? I just need to talk to my grandpa alone." Momo told Jihyo calmly, while Jihyo hesitated on what to do, not until the President nodded to her agreeing for her to leave. She quietly left the room, now only Momo and her grandpa inside.

"Why her actually?" Momo intensely glared on him. "I need a real answer grandpa."

The President sighs again, doesn't know how he'll explain this in a simplest way actually. He got this ready a long time ago, he knew he will be needed someone someday and that's when Jihyo came. Jihyo's passion from her work got him. He trust Jihyo. Now only left for him to do is to convince Momo to approve to this.

"I already told you. She's fit for this job. I personally trained her for almost five years. I know how capable she is to run our business more than anyone, even from you. If you're not my granddaughter I won't offer this job to you actually."

Momo needed time, eyes on the ceiling trying to think righteously.

"Okay." She silently uttered after she contemplated everything. "I agree to that. I've known how hardworking she is that she even forgot she has a daughter to taken care of." Momo sarcastically said, "But do you know what will run to others mind if you gave your position to her?"

The Chairman frowned on that meaningful question. He just knew Momo was trying to imply something, but doesn't know what.

"What do you mean? It's my business. I started this by myself and I have a right to choose someone that I know will succeed to fill in my position. And the option is only you or Jihyo." He declared, now it's Momo who sighs, getting enough to this.

"It can't be me. I'm only 24 years old. Though our business is in line at my current job, my knowledge is still not enough. I'm not even interested in my life right now. So how do I will handle the whole thing too, grandpa?"

"Exactly, your still young. You can still learn everything. That's why I'm telling you this now. We can train you. It's not like I want you to become a president overnight. If it takes years, it's okay. I just want your assurance now, just so I know my company will still run if somethings happen to me."

"I don't think my decision will change grandpa. I know what you mean. I'm worried about you, but I am not going to fall for that." Momo stated so sure, making the President nodded in defeat to her.

"Fine. It's fine." He said, "So now it's final. I will let Jihyo handle-"

"Are you really Jihyo's secret husband?" Momo unemotionally asked cutting her grandpa, who got stunned trying to process what Momo had just said to him.

"What are you talking about!?"

"Are you the father of her child!?"

"Are you crazy!?" He shouted unamazed, mouth open because he just really can't believe what her granddaughter is asking her. It become silent over a minute, them just staring fiercely at each other.

"Not, right!?" Momo asked surely, and her grandpa was just really speechless right now.

"I know. Even how many times I think about it there's no way you could do that. Even though grandma was gone a long time ago you never miss to visit her and offer her favorite flower every week. So what I asked you just now, it's impossible. But for them it's possible."

Actually, Momo was concern about something. She doesn't care if her grandpa gave their business to anyone, but knowing Jihyo is his choice and how this can affect a certain person, she just can't help but worry about that.

"That kind of rumor has been spreading probably on all of the employees here over the years just because you made her as the acting CEO, not even the real position yet. So, how far do you think it will get if they heard the news of Jihyo becoming the new president of your beloved company, when she's not even blood related to us?"

The President scoffs unbelieved, trying to contain this too much information. He didn't know there this kind of rumor of them actually, because he only visit a day and comeback to Japan after just like today.

"Then," He stops, thinking for few more seconds. "I just need to turn down that rumor. If I needed to sue and fire all of the employee I will do that. Tell me first. Where did you heard that?"

"Even how powerful and rich you are, you won't be able to stop them from thinking differently grandpa." She tiredly stated, "I just want to stop that as much as possible. Especially she has a kid. And she's a single mother."

And yes. Momo, is concern on Jihyo's daughter. Tzuyu.

"It's not like we need to listen to them. Jihyo will handle everything despite on any rumor."

"How about the kid?" But she also knows her grandpa wouldn't understand her concern. "It's easy to say not to listen to that because we're old enough. But how about that innocent child?" She stops, emotions holding back. The thought of that can already make her beaten.

"Tzuyu, is smarter than any kids out there. I'm afraid she will grow up hearing those kind of nasty things. I don't want to ruin her childhood. I want her to be truly happy unlike me who didn't even know what real happiness is. Don't turn that kid like me grandpa." Because spending months with that kid really made her deeply attached. She loves Tzuyu, and she won't deny it.

She stands trying to end the conversation,

"Just think about it over , grandpa. If you really can't trust dad, there are still so many people who helped you on making your business big. Just not her. Not Jihyo, hmn? Let her focus on being a mom." She lastly told before opening the door, but closing it made her internally jump out of shock, seeing Jihyo standing just by her side.

Momo scoffs observing Jihyo closely.

"I told you to leave us. Do you really need to stay close here at the door? You must've heard everything." She told Jihyo, but Jihyo didn't gave any response, seems like in a process of mind thinking. Momo understand why so...

"Where is Tzuyu again?" She now asked trying to change up the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter