Chapter 15

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your grandpa saved Jihyo and Tzuyu's life."

Jihyo said that too, Momo thought while wondering how. She looked at Tzuyu, happily running around with her two friends. She's always been curious, and maybe it's time to know it now.

"What, actually my grandpa did before that Jihyo is so willing to do everything for our family, work under my grandpas will Mrs. Park? I just, can't think of it. How did they meet actually?" She finally asked, the question that has been running to her mind since that dinner night before. Mrs. Park slightly smiled, remembering the past that shows her ignorance as a mother.

"Jihyo, is a middle child of our family." She started, and Momo scoffs on a typical way to start. Momo already know, this would be a long story, but she's willing to listen. Though it's not necessary, she want, to be enlightened at least.

"And Jihyo, has always been so matured since she was young, just like Tzuyu now." Momo seated properly, listening intensely since this is the first time, she would be able to know anything about Jihyo.

"We are just a normal middle-class family, until my husband lost his job, when she should be enrolling for college. We don't have a choice, so we asked her if she could stop studying for a while since we can only afford one college student and her younger sister need to continue highschool. She said it's okay, and she will just work first to help us save for her studies. That's how it started. We didn't realize, she's still not ready for that." Momo saw, a regret on Jihyo's mom's eyes while telling her that.

"We forgot that she was our daughter too needed some attention. Ever since she got work there in Seoul, I thought she was doing okay as she always sends us money. I never thought, no, I thought of it, but never asked her if she was alright because all I can think that time was for us to survive."

 

6 years ago...

"Are you, her mother?" Mrs. Park didn't know what to reply, yes, of course she is her mother. But she's currently panicking inside to even open knowing her daughter just tried to kill herself. So, she did not reply anything, and tried to pass on the person in a suit in front of her, but then the man stops her from entering that room.

"I'm sorry ma'am but my boss told me not to let anyone enter this room." The seems like a bodyguard told her, blocking the door. She was going to open to tell him she's her mother but... "Not even her mom." The man added.

"W-What!?" Mrs. Park burst, mad since they had no right to stop her actually. "Why can't I see my own daughter? Move! Let me in!" Jihyo's mom tried to break in, but the man was really strong for her. "I need to see my daughter. Is she even okay? I need to talk to her! Move!"

"Then let's talk first, Mrs. Park Mi-ja?" Another man arrives, while Mrs. Park felt a little creep on how this man would know her name. She frowned, trying to recognize this man who came out of nowhere.

"Your daughter, tried to cause trouble on me by jumping in of my car. So, it's only normal for me to try to know who she is, right? I made someone to investigate about her. Don't worry. I just really want to know why she did that. I'm not even mad at her, I'm just worried about her especially she is very young, and soon will be having a baby." The man just shocks the hell out of Jihyo's mom, her mind stops processing for a while.

"B-Baby???" She was too confused, surprised and unbelieved. Mix emotions that she didn't know how she'll handle everything right now.

By that reaction, the man already guessed, that this mother in front of her is clueless about her own daughter. Well, he guessed it even before meeting her actually.

He sighs, "I know I don't have any right to stop you for coming to your daughter but, I think I'm responsible for her now. So, if you please, can I share a minute with you and discuss something?"


 

//

 

Mrs. Park was offered a calling card, and she definitely recognize the big company name written on it. She gulped a big one... Afraid.

"C-Chairman?" She couldn't believe it, out of all people someone these highly and rich was the one Jihyo had bump to.

Right now, she's in a private room of the hospital. They even gave them tea before they leave them, alone, together.

Mrs. Park felt more nervous than earlier, thinking if they need to pay them money, for sure they won't be able to afford that.

They were just in silence. Mrs. Park is waiting, since the Chairman seems to be busy looking at some paper documents in his hands.

"I heard she's just a highschool graduate."

"Huh?" Mrs. Park blurted in loading. Since she didn't expect this sudden kind of questioning.

"Your daughter." The Chairman continues, still attention on papers, and it just made Mrs. Park more uncomfortable since this is one of the topics she hated the most. Questions that can step on her pride.

"Y-Yeah." She looked down. "We couldn't afford college for her that's why—"

"Too bad." Mrs. Park got interrupted, and the man finally looks at her, letting go the documents on the table. Mrs. Park instinctively looked at it, and there she saw Jihyo's name written on it.

"Based on her grades she has potential. She could've graduate with a high degree. And it seems like she's a hardworking one. You could've chosen her out of your children and let her study." He commented, making Mrs. Park more frightened on how rich people was capable to know everything in an instant.

"I talked to her earlier. We had a nice chat. Though she just tried to kill herself last night, she still shows that she's okay and act like nothing happened after that. She also told me not to inform her family. By that I already know, she's not really in good terms with her family."

"No..." Mrs. Park immediately disagreed. She never thought their relationship that way as they never fought, and Jihyo never complained on anything. "That's not true. We maybe had some difficulties but we never had an argument. We shared everything and—"

"Then don't you know it?" She was cut off again, stunned. "That she's working on a library just so she could read books? That's how she loves studying. Did you even really gave her a thought when you made her stop?" That made, Mrs. Park in silent, and guilty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter