Chapter 16

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shoot should have been started an hour ago, but they can’t start unless Momo is found. Crews and staffs have been looking for her, but she’s nowhere to be found. Not even her friends know where she hided.

“Her phone is just ringing. Didn’t we saw her entering the company with Tzuyu earlier?” Sana asked and Mina only nodded. “What actually happened Mina? I’m just working my off here in the company this holiday and Momo has been acting differently since then.” She asked Mina who’s right now biting her nails, crossed arms thinking.

“She’s not acting differently Sana.” Mina muttered, confusing Sana. Mina slowly looked up, worried on the thought that… “She’s more like back to herself. Back the way she’s acting before after that turning event happened to her.” Sana immediately widened her eyes and gasped. She shook her head.

“No. Momo… Is she suffering alone again?" Now both are them are getting more worried, panicking inside.

Little did they know someone has been listening to their conversation. This person, is much more capable on finding Momo, especially it’s just said that Momo is coming back to her old self. She didn’t mind going, and runs to the place she thinks Momo would go.

 

Her guessed didn’t failed her, Momo, is in a place where no one would think she’ll be there. She slowly entered the room, where Momo currently peacefully sleeping on. Momo is hiding, on the company’s infirmary where no one would think to check while looking for her. And if she was found, she could just lie and say she’s sick so no one would disturb her. She just know Momo so well before.

“I never thought I’ll be seeing you this way again, Momo.” She said, and slightly chuckled as Momo reacted to that. Momo must’ve felt her that’s why she got waken and pretending to be asleep since she came. "It's okay. It's just me here." She added, assuring Momo that it's okay not to pretend anymore

Momo got in no choice but to open her eyes, actually she’s shock to hear this person’s voice. She thought it was just a random person.

“It’s you, Nayeon.” Momo muttered, slowly sitting from the bed. “How did you find me?” She still asked though the answer is obvious.

Instead of answering, Nayeon smiled at Momo, and seated beside her. She just stared at Momo, pondering for a minute. She slowly reaches Momo’s hair, trying to fix it gently while Momo was just letting her.

“What’s making you sad again, Momo?” And Nayeon know when she should ask. "Just like before, you know your friends are getting worried when your like this right?" Momo immediately wavered to that, remembered, how she and Nayeon first talked to each other.

It was that time she's in miserable. It was that time she doesn't care to anyone. Not to her friends, to her family, and even to herself. But Nayeon snaps her out, not just in a simple way. Nayeon literallyslaps her when she's sleeping peacefully at the schools empty clinic while everyone has been looking for her that day. She still remember how she fell in love with her senior scolding her for making everyone worried while she was just sleeping.

"Should I slap and scold you again like before, Momo?"

And there, Momo's tears drops on it own. She's been, keeping this all by herself since she was reminded into it.

There’s something about Momo, that everyone didn’t know except her family before. Not even Mina and Sana knew it. And it’s like faith has been playing Momo, since the only person who knows her family secret, came back at a perfect timing into her life again.

“S-Someone…” Momo sobbingly spoke, reaching Nayeon’s hand and hold on to it by her both hands, “Made me remember it. I remember now. The real reason why I don’t want to dance anymore.” Nayeon smiled sadly, she thought, Momo will continue to be better even though she left before but… “I forgotten it for a while- NO!” Momo defied herself, heart’s aching so bad. “They manipulated me. Those doctors, my family, all of the people around me! They made me believed that I am just tired from dancing. That I am just not happy by now but someday my passion will come back soon. They lied to me! They brainwashed me!”

Nayeon’s heart, is also aching seeing Momo like this again. She softly held onto Momo’s hand, and looked at their hand together instead since she can't dare to look when Momo is crying.

“Is dancing… Or even just by seeing someone dancing...” Nayeon stops first, thinking carefully if in Momo’s state right now, it is alright for her to say this. “Making you remember about your mom again?” Momo breathe once and stops, staring out of nowhere. Hearing that directly, made her memory flashbacks everything. The pain, those hurtful experience she endured at a very young age.

“If yes, then I’ll be letting you to run away this time.” Nayeon knew more than anyone, how painful Momo has been living. Not like before running away could be the only solution now. Since this industry they are in right now, will just let Momo stay from the same pain again and again. So, Nayeon wouldn’t mind, if Momo runs away, she’ll go with her. One word and she’s going to throw the career she worked on hard here in Korea.

“N-No…” But Momo surprisingly refused, took her blanket, and lay down turning her back to Nayeon. “I just want to be alone for now.” She announces, and Nayeon gets it. Momo, seems to have become stronger than she thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter