Chapter 8

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Have you watch the dance intro performance earlier? It was the best thing ever.”

“Yep. I bet it’s going to be trending when it releases. Momo was so good.”

Now how do Mina will open the stall and reveal herself hearing this comment about their performance earlier.

Mina's smiles plastered through her face, she breathe, readying herself to show up from the public restroom backstage. They are currently filming for the audition of the show.

“But have you notice her partner too?”

That made Mina stops from opening the door, didn't know but just felt like she needed to.

“Who? Ah… Her sidekick?” Mina scoffs, mentally laughing on that. “I didn’t actually. My eyes were drawn to Momo only.”

“She’s really not shining earlier. She looks like Momo’s back-up dancer.” Now Mina needs to look up, stopping her tears from coming down. She can’t afford to ruin her make-up now. She just can’t.

“Yah. Let’s go. The filming will start again.”

Mina hearing them running away from the restroom finally made her get out from the stall, revealing herself on the mirror, completely devastated.

She’s used to this. She’s really used to this. She always knew she’s being compared to Momo, and that she can never surpassed Momo when it comes to dancing even though it’s been years since Momo stops from dancing seriously. Mina knew it, she’s just another normal dancer on the eyes of other people. But she's happy when Momo gets all the compliment. For real. She never gets jealous over that. Momo's achievement is her achievement too.

But still, she wanted to be recognized, or at least be respected as a dancer too. It’s okay for her not to gain compliments, but now Mina guessed that working hard together with Momo for almost five years, isn’t enough for her to get the same recognition as Momo.

Mina took a deep breathe, force a smile, and shaken off her emotions knew she doesn’t have a choice anyway.

“Let’s go. Fighting!” She cheered-up herself, making her way back to the studio.

Mina goes back with a big fake smile on herself, hiding her emotions. Through out the filming she did her best herself as always. But something is keeping her away from being a normal cool person.

 

“Okay. Let’s take a ten minutes break.” Sana announces to everyone.

From the director’s room she rushed to go to the judges panel, trying to direct some camera angles to them. And ask them herself if there’s some problems regarding the lightnings or something.

She’s was still a little far but she can already hear Mina and Momo arguing on the corner so she decided to go to them first.

“Can’t you please say something about their performance at least? They are looking forward for your comments but you haven’t spoken any words as the filming started.” Sana heard Mina complaining about Momo. She was going to join their conversation but a staff came to her.

“But their performances are boring-” Mina immediately covered Momo’s mouth, afraid of what she could say next. Sana on the other hand were still listening though she’s talking to the staff. She’s not surprise on Momo’s attitudes though. Mina is the one she thinks is being weird there.

“Are you crazy!?” Mina slightly raises her voice. “What if the trainees heard you? They’re gonna lose their confidence because of you.”

“And you still want me to give my comments to them?” Momo sarcastically asked back. Making Mina unbelieved. “What’s wrong to you actually?” Now Momo asked, coz Mina is acting like she’s not used to her usual behavior.

Mina was about to say something when Sana finally joins them.

“Good you’re here.” Instead, Mina turned her attention to Sana than to answer Momo. “Talk to your friend, and convince her to do her job seriously. I think she’s getting worst!”

“But I am doing my job right now!” And Momo was losing temper too. For her, she’s not doing anything wrong right now. “Do I’m required to give my feedbacks? I am judging them myself and giving my scores. Isn’t that’s my role here?”

“Okay, okay.” Sana come in the middle, trying to separate the two. If she didn’t come, she swears these two were going to fight with the trainees witnessing it.

“I understand. First Mina, you know we are maybe in a different country but it’s not like everyone is not aware that Momo only speaks to the contestants she thinks has a potential. You know Momo’s choice, right?” Sana tried to remind Mina.  “We don’t need to force Momo to speak. Just like she said, she’s doing her job right.” And tries to explain Momo’s side.

Sana has one fear when she’s working with Momo actually. And right now, she knew they cannot afford if Momo suddenly lost interest in the middle of filming and decided to leave. She can’t let it happen. It happened once and the filming got delayed for days because of her.

Mina on the other hand just shaken her head, snickers coz she clearly understands, but still felt so wrong for her. Sana notices it so she dragged only Mina away, afraid Momo really the reason why she’s acting differently now.

“Why are you so stressed out right now? Momo is doing what she’s been doing before. Something happened, right?” Sana questioned, looks at Mina’s face to find an answer herself.

Mina has those little gestures and expressions that is easy to read. But Sana was unable to see to it today.  

“What happened?” Making her more certain something had really happened to her.

“N-Nothing. I think the ten-minute break is over.” Mina succeeds from running away from Sana, coming back to Momo and drag Momo along with her to go back to their panel.

“At least don’t yawn when someone is performing on stage. You’re being disrespectful” Mina told Momo, but this time, calmly.

Maybe Sana asking her had made Mina a little waken. Currently scolding herself from letting her sensitive emotions get her this time.

Sana only watched on them coming back to their place, got a little relieved seeing both were looking like they made up, but still bothered on Mina. She just knew Mina is hiding something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihyo is currently playing with her daughter on her office. After talking to Momo, first thing she did is to lessen her schedules for each day. Just so she can’t take a little time spending it to Tzuyu.

While admiring Tzuyu playing, Jihyo noticed the barbie doll which Tzuyu loves so much. It’s a gift she gave on her 3rd birthday. She remembers when Tzuyu bugged her just to buy this for her. Now she wonders.

“Tzuyu-ah?” She gets her child attention, now Tzuyu is looking at her asking why by her expression. Jihyo smiles, “Why do you love that doll so much?” She pointed on the barbie doll on Tzuyu’s lap, which Tzuyu take a proper look.

“Ah…” Tzuyu muttered, completely showing it to her mommy. “Because it looks like you.” Jihyo need to process that answer of Tzuyu, next thing she knew Tzuyu was already comparing the doll to her. “See? It looks like you.”

Jihyo’s heart is suddenly beating from happiness right now. She didn’t know all this time her daughter is thinking like that.

“This doll looks like you, so I love it. I can go wherever with her. I can play with her, hug and kiss her whenever I want.” Tzuyu muttered smiling, but Jihyo swear she can see the sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter