Chapter 14

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holiday, means no work day. Well, that only goes for normal employees, not with a CEO like Jihyo who’s home working right now. That’s what Momo thought while staring at the living area table with Jihyo’s working laptop and full of load documents. Momo sighs just by seeing it.

“She could’ve spent this five-day holiday with Tzuyu.” She commented walking towards it while drinking a bottle of water. She just got done jogging outside actually. She lazily seated on the couch, eyeing those files she doesn’t understand. “I wonder if I could do her work too? Just by seeing this I think I’ll fail badly. That’s why I can’t understand grandpas trust on me.” She recited shaking her head.

After minutes of rest Momo thought to take her leave and goes to her room. She decided to sleep the whole day since Tzuyu is with her grandma and her two friends has their own schedule. But before she could even stand, she heard Jihyo’s phone ringing. Momo take a look on it, seeing someone calling on it.

“It’s her mom.” Momo quickly looked on the second floor, guessing that Jihyo should be coming back down by now but Jihyo didn’t. “Jihyo-ah! Your mom is calling!” She shouted, but still Jihyo is out of nowhere.

“I think she’s taking a shower.” She guessed and then the call ended. “I’ll just tell her later that her mom called.” She said standing up but the phone rang again. Now Momo was confused what to do. She thought it could be emergency so she decided to run the phone to Jihyo but also battling to just answer it and tell Jihyo is on her room or something.

By the time Momo has taken the phone and decided to run upstairs the phone call ended again.

“Aish! If her mom calls again, I’m answering it.” She has decided for the second time, staring intensely at the phone waiting for the call. And there, Jihyo’s mom’s caller id shows up again.

“H-Hello Mrs. Park?” Momo answered, but silence was just heard on the other line. Momo blinked her eyes staring at the phone to make sure she answered it, and she really did.  “Mrs. Park? I’m sorry but Jihyo left her phone here at the living. If you want, it will just take a minute and I’ll call her from her room-”

“NO!” Momo flinched at the sudden shout she heard. She was too puzzled at the reply to her. “I mean, don’t call her. It’s good that you’re the one who answered the call.” Momo wrinkled her forehead, really don’t understand her situation right now.

“W-What do you mean Mrs. Park?” She asked,

“I always wanted to talk to you, Ms. Hirai.” Momo slightly widened her eyes, didn’t know that even Jihyo’s mom knows her. “And I keep hearing good things about you from my granddaughter. No, not just from her but I heard you from your grandfather too, six years ago.”

‘Grandpa? Six years ago?’ Momo whispered to her head, deep thinking.

“How about we meet up today?”

“Ha!?” Momo burst out coz she didn’t expect this invitation. Now Momo is thinking, that it’s a bad idea she answered the call.

“Why? We can’t? You’re busy?”

“N-NO!” Momo panicked, “I mean, of course we can meet up ma’am. I’ve been wanted to meet Tzuyu’s grandmother too.” But of course, she can’t turn down this offer.

“Good. Save this number and text me. I’ll text you, my address. And, don’t you dare to tell my daughter about this, hm? Let’s keep this as a secret.” Jihyo’s mom immediately hangs-up before even Momo could ask why. Momo scoffs, staring straight coz she didn’t know she will end up in this situation.

‘Now after Jihyo, Tzuyu and grandpa… I’m going to deal with Jihyo’s mom too.’ She thought but still no choice but to go.

She unlocked Jihyo’s phone to get Jihyo’s mom’s number but she stops as she is currently seeing herself, as Jihyo’s wallpap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter