Chapter 13

Mommy Says...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s her busy day, but doesn’t know how she’ll handle everything now that she’s too distracted on her own thoughts right now. She took a deep sigh, taking back her attention to her desk to try and do her job again.

“Mommy?”

Jihyo instantly looks down on her daughter that is actually sitting on her lap, playing and doodling on a drawing notebook. Tzuyu also looks up on her mommy, purely staring. They were like doing staring contest, since Jihyo is still trying to process if she really heard her daughter calling her mommy.

“Did… you just call me mommy?” She got a courage to asked, really hopeful for her daughter’s answers. She waited, daughter’s just innocently staring back at her.

“Mommy~” Tzuyu repeated, but this time she pointed on Jihyo’s hand. Jihyo slowly shifted her gaze on her hand which she’s holding the signed pen. She’s still confused, before she saw the contract paper that she’s reviewing has a drawing below her hand.

Putting up her hand she gasped loudly, fully seeing a cartoon like drawing on the sign spot.

“Oh god! Did I do this?” She asked herself, and Tzuyu suddenly hums nodding on her.

“It’s mommy! Right?” Tzuyu excitedly asked her. Jihyo didn’t know what to answer, since she actually did not realize she did this drawing actually. She looks at it, carefully, and it really looks like Momo. She’s sure it’s because she’s thinking so much about this girl.

“N-No. It’s not her.” She just felt like she needs to deny, especially she’s mad at Momo right now. Actually, she doesn’t want to admit it because of her pride. She's still not believing it to herself.

“But it has bangs. You don’t have bangs. And I don’t either. It’s mommy. It’s Mommy Momo!” Tzuyu insisted to her, making Jihyo smile and nod in no choice. Tzuyu then smiled so wide, before she looks down on her drawing notebook to draw again.

Jihyo breathe a relief, and reached the telephone to call for her secretary.

“Print me another copy of JYPe’s show contract.” She commanded before she leans her back to her chair, feeling so exhausted though she hasn’t finished anything. But looking at her child playing made her smile. She’s just watching her daughter, and her eyes got drawn by the mistake she made just now.

She scoffs on herself, took the paper from her desk.

“Since when did I learn how to draw?” She can’t believe herself, especially she knew that this person has been giving effects on her these past few weeks. “And I’m unlocking some new talents because of her now.” She chuckled, carefully ripping that piece of paper, opened the drawer on her side and put in the middle of her diary there.

“Come in.” She told her secretary who knocks from her door.

“Here’s the contract ma’am.” Her secretary gave the new papers to her. “And I will be reminding you Ma’am. You have a lunch meeting with our new foreign investors later, after that is an interview of a business magazine. Hope you’re ready for the day.” Jihyo’s stress just got back to her, but still forced herself to smile and nod to her secretary.

“Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind. You can go back now.” She dismissed her secretary, now she needs to get back to work. But before that, she needs someone who can take care of her daughter for later. And there’s only one person except Momo is on her mind. She quickly gets her phone, and called that person.

“Jeongyeon-ah. You know why I’m calling you, right?”

“No!” Jihyo chuckled at Jeongyeon’s natural and expected response. “I don’t know why and I don’t want to know. I’m dropping the call now-”

“Thank you. I will be waiting for you before lunch. I love you so much-”

And there Jihyo was the one who dropped the call, laughing successfully at her friend. She just really trusts that Jeongyeon wouldn’t be able to resist her so she’ll come and get her daughter later. Jeongyeon is a Tsundere after all.

“Done! I’m done!”

Her daughter suddenly snatched her attention again. And Jihyo swears this is the first time she saw her daughter looking this jolly. She got curious, and leans forward back-hugging her daughter.

“Hmn? What is it?” She takes a look at the drawing Tzuyu is feeling so proud.

She frowned a little at first not getting it since it’s a little messy. But after more time of contemplating, she felt her heart beating so slow for a few seconds, and then beats so fast as Tzuyu looks up at her, smiling ear to ear. It’s like, a typical family picture drawing, and Tzuyu draw it herself.

“It’s Mommy Momo…” Tzuyu brings up her notebook, so she can show it more clear to her mommy. She points on her drawing, on a girl on the side which she told is Momo.

“This is me… The baby.” Tzuyu slides her index finger on a little girl on the middle…

“And this is you… Mommy~” Tzuyu pointed to the last, being cheerful and proud to herself.

But the child’s cheerful face slowly faded, after she saw her mommy staring at her, differently, sadly, sorry.

“Tzuyu-ah…” Jihyo called her daughter silently, tears are about to fall.

She’s happy. She’s happy that her daughter can smile like that right now. She’s genuinely happy, but also afraid the same time. She’s afraid because ever since Tzuyu learned how to talk, she never asked that important question to her.

She knew she could be the one who is telling that to her, but she’s been waiting for her daughter to ask. Not knowing before that her daughter learned not asked, because of her own negligence.

“Hmn? W-Why mommy?” Tzuyu felt her mother’s sadness, so suddenly became sad too. In concern since she’s not expecting this to be her mommy’s reaction.

Jihyo reached her daughter’s hair, gently it. Now she thinks, it’s time. And she didn’t need to wait for her child. She can be the one to ask instead.

“Aren’t you going to ask about your dad?”

Tzuyu immediately looks away from her mom, breathing has become so hard. Jihyo bit her lip seeing her daughter’s reaction. She knew it’s impossible that Tzuyu never thought of who is her father, Tzuyu is too smart despite on her age.

“Your dad…” She’s aching for her daughter. She doesn’t want to say this. But she needs. “Doesn’t know your alive.” Jihyo felt her daughter reaching her lower clothes, gripping on it tight. She reached it, and hold her daughter’s hand.

“And I’m sorry baby…” She made Tzuyu looks at her, and seeing Tzuyu almost there from crying is affecting her too much. Especially she is going to hurt her more by this.

“I’m sorry, because I don’t want him know you are living in this world too.” She needs to be honest. She wants her daughter to live knowing everything from her, and not on other people could tell her.

“But someday if you want to meet him. Just ask me, and I will help you finding him, okay?” She reassures her child, knowing someday she’ll definitely grown curious, hoping to at least see her daddy. She still doesn’t want to prohibit her child from this right.

“Only I can say about you about him is that he is not a good person, but he is also not a bad person.” Jihyo stops, inhales, feeling so sorry to her daughter. “I know it’s hard to understand. But I want you to know this now.” She leans her face forward to Tzuyu, checking is she’s holding on her right now.

Tzuyu feeling her mother’s stares made slowly nodded, and hugge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter