The Meeting

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It's 07.30 already, I just stop by to my office because I forget to bring some files. Today, I need to be in Global Zhang HQ. Even mr. Chen, my partner in this project already texted me. I need to be there at 08.00 sharp. I'll be late then.

Traffic, uhhh. I arrive in Zhang Global HQ at 08.15, I'm late. I text mr. Chen to cover up for me first, but he says the meeting is postponed. It'll be held at 09.00. They now are in the project room. That project room is kind of spacious room that consists desks, mini pantry and 2 smaller rooms. Mr. Chen already took a picture for me earlier. He's kind of enthusiastic. He waits for me.

I rush to the Lift as I ask for pass card in Receptionist. The building is still the same as I remember. I'm going to the elevator and wait until the door's open with some other employee. Mr. Chen tells me, I need to go to the 65th floor. Sooo.. high. If I compare with my office it's like.. my office is a 30 storey building. And it's 70. 2 times higher. And 10 times bigger. Again, I just realize, Yixing is indeed so rich.

After the door is open, I hurry up to go in and press 65. There's some people to get the same floor too. I bet they're gonna be my team. The elevator is stopped in 60th floor. There, Luhan is coming in. Luhan is handsome, anyone can see it. He talks really well, and comforting too. Anygirl will falls for him for sure. Lucky me, there still are several people in the elevator, and another luck that plays, Luhan realize that I'm here.

He gets closed to me, "oh God, you're here Aerin. What are you doing?"

I grin, "I'm appointed to be here, Luhan Sunbae."

"Oh, you're from Chunsang. That will be at the 65th floor then." He says, nicely. At least he's being nice to me. Even countless rejections I made for him, he's still being nice.

"Yes sunbae." I say, facing in front of me. There are several people come and go from the elevator each floor. Huf, which floor Luhan sunbae gonna go out is? Don't say..

Luhan clears his throat, "hmm, Aerin-ah.." this is it. It's still 50th floor, why the hell I need to go to 65th? "If you don't mind, will you have a lunch with me? I'll be in 68th floor"

Oh there he is. That means Zhang Yixing will be there too, I assume. I still remember how he caressed my hair delicately. His scent. The way he dearly talked. Even our relationship began and ended in 2 days. He's the first for me.

"Aerin?" I heard Luhan Sunbae snaps at me. Yes, Luhan is the true definition of handsome. Nope, he's so pretty. He is tall, super good-looking, his skin is so smooth, and he's gentle. But you know, there must be something called fate. He isn't my fate.

"Yes?" I say unaware of what I'm saying.

He smiles, "okay, I'll see at lunch then.."

, I'm agreeing to have lunch with him. Well, no escaping. Having lunch with someone I know in this office won't hurt me.

Ding, here. It's 65th floor.

I smile at Luhan and bid a goodbye. It's 8.30. Yes, this floor indeed spacious. Mr. Chen and our staffs greet me. They must be very eager into this project. They look.. so passionate.

"Good morning everyone, I'm sorry I need to stop by Chunsang first to take these" I say waving my laptop and some papers which I bring. They smile. Then Mr. Chen takes me to my room. Well, it's nice tough. Not as big as mine in Chunsang, but it's quite big too.

"So, Mr. Chen, we'll work more intensely from now on. I expect your effort in this."

Mr. Chen grins, "It's Chen, Ms. Aerin. I'm 2 years older than you, but we're a team. And you're our leader."

"Oh okay, Chen. But you can call me Aerin too. We'll meet every single day, I think it will be more comfortable for both of us"

"Hehehe, okay, can we process to the meeting?" The meeting room is in the same floor, well, Chen says they have big meeting or conference room in each floor.

"Okay.. who's their representatives?"

"Well, they say it will be 15 people, their directors included. From marketing, production and creative. I think they take it seriously, Aerin-ssi. They'll work together with us here"

"Well, we're too. We got so many employees that we bring here."

He laughs, "see.. that boosts my spirit!" He says, fists up.

"Their Marketing Director is Mr. Xiumin, right?"

"How do you know?" He asks, too many questions indeed he is such a happy person.

"He's.. friend." Well, he doesn't ask about Yixing though. He definitely doesn't know about the news 3 years back then.

"Okay Aerin-ssi. I have asked our team to prepare the files. Let's go"

We get ready to meet Zhang's team in the meeting room, preparing the files, laptop and projector. This meeting room is quite big too. It's big enough for 30 people. Even there are another bench for assistants behind the meeting table. We sit down and waiting for Zhang's te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter