The Project

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 3 years, since then. Yixing never called her nor met her. A month after their "separation", Cha Aerin was graduated. As planned, she got accepted in Chunsang Enterprises after. At first, she is merely a Marketing Staff, but her presence makes so many profits. That's why she was promoted to be the executive, despite the short time she spent in the company. She's now leading the team marketing. Everyone knows about her Father, or step to be exact. He's respected, therefore, her CEO who happens to be his father's best friend somehow specialize her. At first, so many people object her selection. But after finding out about her capability, they just respect her more, despite his Father and CEO's connection.

Cha Aerin knows her status is risky, if she doesn't do well, so many people will bring her down. She works so hard in many projects, her goal especially is to make sum of money for her Dad's family. Especially her little sister who's now is 6 years old. She's going to Kindergarden. She picks her up one in a while and plays with her.

Yixing in the other hand is so stressful. He is now being the Co-Ceo of Zhang Global. Yes, he moved to Korea henceforward. His job is getting more because his Father purposedly try to make him ready for replacing him as a CEO, the owner of Zhang Global. His Father is 60 now. He wants to retire and moving back to China. He's now going back and forth to China, that's why Yixing is busier than ever. He's the only heir of Zhang Global, there's no room for mistake.

"Yixing, you need to take it seriously. You're 29 now, your Grandparents are old enough. They want grandchildren from you soon. They expect it"

Again, her Mom is calling, nagging to be exact. Well, he's almost met someone right 3 years ago, but his Grandparents refused her. He likes her eversince, even now, there isn't someone as attractive as her. She's smart, elegant, and her family background is fabulous. How come he knew about his brain? When their news was out, they share her background. Her grades and achievement included. She is so smart, even now he knows where she works. But being Yixing, he doesn't want to meddle into her life.

"Mom, I'm not looking for someone yet. I'm just 29. There's so many times. Evem Father married when he was 31. No rush."

"But your Grandpa married when he was 18. Look, he's built this business empire. You can do anything if you married now, Yixing. Your Grandpa 78 now. He really wants to see your kids."

"Huf.."

"What about that girl?"

He scoffs, "which girl?"

"The girl you met several years ago. Are you in touch with her? I like her." Oh, Aerin.

"Grandpa rejected her, Mom. He even will throw me out if I think of dating her."

"Hmm, that's in the past. You know, your Grandpa is going to like her if she knows her family background."

"She is the Mayor's child from the very first place. Don't you know Grandpa was doing a background check on her?"

Well, it's too late. He doesn't have any guts to contact her.

"Yes I know, but-"

Before his Mom says something more, Yixing cuts her, "it's okay Mom. It's okay. I still want to cencentrate on my job."

"Okay.. but I expect someone soon, son. I'm getting old too."

"Okay Mom, I'll keep that in mind".

With that he closes his Mom's call.



Choi Aerin is thinking hard on her room. It's so complicated. The collaboration is too risky. Chunsang is a company that produces cars, motors, and another vehicles. Chunsang wants to make a collaboration with Zhang Global to expand their market. But Zhang is known for their idealism. The collaboration will be too much risks involved.

Beyond hearing the CEO's idea, Aerin is upset. She knows the production department was trying so hard to produce the next car. And their CEO wants it to be more advanced with the Zhang's technology. But they all know, if they're forcing Zhang's technology in the car, it will result some problems. First, Chunsang technology works too diferent with Zhang Global. She thinks if Zhang enforces their technology, there will be some errors in the future. And it costs too much for consumer to fix it. Second, it will be copyrights conflict. Zhang is known to take a serious credit of their product, and if they want to cooperate with them, they need to compile a credit that shown clearly in the car. It will be hard for both c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter