The Apologize

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing still follows me even when I enter my room. It's 11.45, it's time for lunch too. He sits on the seat in front of my desk. Quietly.

"What are you doing? I'm in my own room. You don't need to be worried about what people see. I'm totally fine"

Yixing just smiles, and with a cue, Chen comes in the room "ya! Choi Aerin, Let's-" he abruptly stops when he sees Zhang Yixing. Then he's bowing to him, "Mr. Zhang, I don't know you're here. Sorry."

Yixing nods at him, "are you going to have lunch?"

"Yes, mr. Zhang, with Luhan too." He says.

"I'm sorry, but today Aerin will have her lunch with me.." he says, softly. Wait, what? I'm sending e "no-no" code for Chen, but he just laughs it off.

Chen grins, "it's okay. No problem. I'm leaving, good afternoon Mr. Zhang, and Aerin-ah!" He waves at me.

"What? No. I'm not having lunch with you." I refuse.

"Yes, because you didn't have the chance to report everything for me earlier. So I need your time to make a report, directly to me."

"But you said, you'll call me if you finished reviewing those?"

"I change my mind." He grins.

Uhh, how I miss that smile. Grins. Even his boastful trademark. He's still the same Zhang Yixing, but we walk further from each other. He's technically my boss now.

"Zhang Yixing, stop it. Really. What do you want from me?"

"Nothing, I just want to treat you as I should." He smiles, "I decided to stop thinking about my family. I want you."

"Decide? You did not even call me from the first day we met a week ago."

"I just decide.. earlier when you walk in my room" he smiles again tapping his fingers on my desk.

"What are you talking about?"

"Aerin-ah, I know that my Grandparents want Chinese woman for me. But you know, even in 3 years, I can't seem to find someone like you. So please, don't run." He pleads, his face becomes so sad. He looks really sincere. But no, I'm not falling into his trap anymore.

"But in 3 years.. and a week, you didn't find it necessary to reach me.. at all" I say, firmly.

No, he's way to cruel. And again, I repeat again and again, we're nothing. Were, and are.

"I know. But I do it all for you."

"Which part of your behaviors that benefit me, mentally and physically? Nothing." She scoffs, "tell me. I'm listening."

"You know, at first I didn't want to disobedient my Grandparents, I didn't want they did something bad to you."

"And what makes you think they won't right now?"

"I was seeing you from afar. I know where you live. Your job. Your achievement. I keep looking and updating about you."

Well, he didn't reach me directly, and that's actually really creepy to be watched over here and there.
"You basically a stalker, Zhang Yixing."

I walk to the door, screw this, I'm hungry already. I skipped breakfast today. I overslept. I didn't even drive. It's Seoul. Traffic everywhere. The fastest to get here is with motorcycle. That's why I call Mark, who's currently study in SNU, to pick me up with his motor. Oh, I forget to tell you all, my brother, Mark is in Seoul too. I meet him occasionaly. Especially in weekend. He lives in the dorm, and he usually spends time with her girlfriend, Seolhyun. Even they're still dating. I'm the only loner one here.

"Technically I'm your lover. And it's not stalking if that's you I'm talking about".

"Who says you are my lover?" I snap at him as I walk to the door.

"Media." He grins.

"No, media spread the news that we're broken up." I open the door, and Yixing follows suit.

"Noone confirmed that, Aerin. I didn't say anything."

I roll my eyes. He's always being overproud, and he's too stubborn too.

We walk side by side to the elevator, again, everyone is staring.. or glaring for some. But mostly, they're staring.

We walk in silence, and everyone is bowing at him. It's actually really uncomfortable. Everyone looks at us like we're some kind of alien. It's uncomfortable at all.

It's a lunchtime, everyone goes out from their rooms. Even this building has so many elevators, almost all of them must be packed. But I really don't want to take emergency stairs. Never in a million times I ever think about it.

When the door is open, everyone in the elevator go out, maybe they want to make spaces for Zhang Yixing to go out. Zhang Yixing doesn't usually go out from his room when lunchtime. He eats inside his room. So it's kind of magnifying.

"No, no it's okay. We just squeeze in. Don't mind us." He says, and leads me into the elevator. Yixing stands behind me. Too close for my liking. He has his hands on both of my sides. Protect me from bumping with his employees.

He really is standing too close to me. I can feel his breath on the back of my head. Yixing is 178, and I am quite tall too, 168. I can reach his chin. We're tall. And Luhan is even taller, he's approximately 180 or so. I don't ask, and never. It's just he's a bit ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter