The Safety

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

. . .

I sit down on this very comfy couch, in front of super big TV which show the headline news, "Zhang Yixing from the Zhang Family Finally Ties the Knot?"

What a , we just share that we're dating, an hour ago, but the news says we're getting married. It's crazy.

And Yixing chooses to go to the office, when he said he'll stay. I don't have my phone with me, nor money. I can't go anywhere.

After 2 hours of clicking TV Remote and watch random TV program, which mostly contains my face, personal info, and last night pictures, Yixing finally comes back. He walks and sit down beside me, handinf my phone and bag. "I'm sorry it took so long to get your phone. I need to stop by the headquarter, my Dad is still there and wants to see me. He left to China today.." he says, somehow looks so tired. "So, everyone knows we're dating.. you know, my family, as expected, wants to see you. But I told them, we're just dating, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable", so nice of him.

I scroll my phone there are 78 calls from Mark, 40 from my Mother, and 158 calls from Jiyoung. Wtf.

Jiyoung is fully informed, I text my mom and Mark about where I am, and short explanation about me and Yixing. I told them, yes we are dating. That's it. Nothing more. I don't want them to get involved in this drama.

But, in the other hand, Yixing looks uneasy. He's fidgeting his phone when I'm checking my own. "Yixing-ssi, what happened? You look so troubled"

He looks at me, "You know, it's been years since my Family asks for a bride. They want me to get married, I'm already 26. But I can't seem to find someone's right. But when I announce that I'm dating someone, my grandparents reject the news. They want me to marry a Chinese. It makes me somehow feeling troubled". Yixing blurted out. Oh. Family dispute.

"It doesn't like we're in a real relationship. It's okay, after our break up news come out, you can finally find a Chinese girlfriend to marry.".

Yixing scoffs, "as if. I will be married right now if I can find someone. Noone fits the role. But.."

"But..?" Well, I always hate buts.

"Nothing, we better prepare ourselves. There will be a very long months ahead. You'll be followed everywhere, but you just have to stay still, and don't say a thing. They will stop, eventually."

It's almost night, I had stayed in for hours. Yixing is in his study room. After our coversation this afternoon, he doesn't even go out to have lunch. I just have lunch all alone and the housekeeper sent Yixing's food into the study room. Maybe it's not  merely a family dispute, there's something more that make Yixing changes drastically. He becomes quiet, and all. He just changes.

I walk into the room, Ahjumma, the housekeeper, prepared for me. The same room from last night. Today I decided to work on my paper by phone. It's been hours, and I haven't meet Yixing, yet. After several hours, Ahjumma calls me out to have a dinner. Again, no trace of Yixing, when Ahjumma and the Chef prepare for the food I ask them, "where is Yixing?"

"He is in the study room Miss." Ahjumma says, respectfully. Zhang Yixing and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter