The Father

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is my day off, the interview ends much faster than I thought it would. After the interview, last night I brought some cakes for my father today. Oh yes, today I plan to finally meet my Father. I told before that he was remarried when I was 17. It's been 5 years. I met him several times, but the last meeting is last year. When I need to go to national library and my Father really missed me.

I wear a simple floral dress and drive off to my Father's house. He sent me the address last night after I told him I'm gonna visit him. Yesterday is Saturday, I did the interview on Saturday. Therefore it's Sunday. It's weekend.

The location is in the suburbs. My Father usually takes the MRT to go to work. He is merely a worker with tiny earnings. That's all I know. Oh, and his wife gave birth of their child, she is 3 years old right now. My little sister. Last year when I meet her, she's still a baby.. I'm 22 and I have 3 years old baby sister. If I happen to take a walk with her, everyone will think she is mine.

The house is so small. It's like 50/60 m2. It consists of 2 rooms, small kitchen, really small dining table is placed in the kitchen. Than living room. That's it. Oh, there is a small garden in front of the house too. It's so different with my Mom's mansion. Yes, she was well-off even before married. But she had to be living in a very simple live when she was with my father. When she decided to get divorce, I understand him so much. After that, she continued to work on the government office. That's why she starts to get wealthy without my Grandparents' help. And meet my step Father. He is a senator. It's been 2 years since he became a mayor.

Back to my real father, my step mother is a housewife. Well, she takes care of a baby. It makes sense. I'm getting alone with her.. just fine. I don't think it's a good relationship, but it isn't bad too. She atleast treat me well. But I can't feel comfortable with her. I don't know why. My Father is 45, and she is 32. My step mother and me are 10 years gap. She looks like a sister rather than a mother. My real mother is 45 to, and my step father is 47. They looke like my real parents. If I compare with my step mother... that's totally different story.

I told you before, the house is so small. I feel cramped when I get myself in the house. My father and step mother greets me, smiling brightly,
"Welcome to home, Aerin. How's the drive?" My father says.

"It's fine" I hug him, and her. "Where's Chaerin", oh Chaerin is the sister name. My sister.

My step mom goes to the kitchen, to prepare my drink, I pressume.

"Chaerin is sleeping in the room.. you stay tonight right?" My father asks while walking me to the couch to sit.

"Sorry, Dad. I need to be back to the hotel. Tonight Jiyoung is coming. I need to pick her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter