The Ride

Fate Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really don't know what to say, or do..

"Who's calling, Aerin-ah?" I hear Luhan says to me.

I gulp down, can I say, it's Yixing? Should I reject Luhan's offer, or Yixing's. Yixing is on his way here. It's not good at all.

"Aerin?" He calls, smiling.

"Mmm, Sunbae.. I.. I.." before I finish my sentence, Yixing is opening the door. There he is.

"Luhan, what are you doing here?" Yixing says. I just keep quiet. Luhan looks at me and Yixing.

"What are you doing here mr. Zhang?" Luhan finally says.

"I'm here to take Aerin home." Yixing emphasizes my name. Tension arises.

"Oh. I heard noone picks her up." Luhan says.

"Okay-okay.." I tend to end the awkward moment, "sorry gentlemen, I'm using cab. So, please, take your turn to go out from my room, okay? I need to leave." There, I'm taking a cab. I really don't want to meddle with this deadlock.

I take my belongings, and begin to walk out my room when someone hold my hand, when I take a look, it's Yixing, "I promised to take you home today.."

I pull my hand from him, "I don't think it's a good idea, Yixing." Yixing holds my hand again, too hard, "You go home with me." He says sternly.

"Auff" I hiss.

Luhan pulls my hand away from Yixing and pull my body toward him, "Zhang Yixing, it's a matter of friends, okay? Don't take it to heart. Let her at least choose. Don't meddle with her life anymore."

I feel grateful for Luhan, though.. but if I have to go home with Luhan Sunbae, that's not a good idea too.

"Okay-okay, stop right there gentlemen. I'm the one whose hand is being pushed and pulled." I say to them, walking to the middle, facing them both. "I seriously don't plan to go home with any of you. So please, let me get home alone, okay..?" I plead.

"Choi Aerin.." Yixing says softly. His voice. Seriously Zhang Yixing, you're the great Zhang Yixing, it's just me. I can't. If he stays like this, I might be head over heels again.

I face him, fully now, "please Yixing. We just met, and you just talked. I need some time to think too. That's for you to pay." Then I face Luhan, "okay, let me go home, okay? I really need to get some sleep."

I then open the door, to my not-so-surprised, my teams are pretending to do something else when I clearly know, they were eavesdropping.

I smile to them before saying, "okay guys, there's nothing to do here. You may go home. Please don't do or get involved into unnecessary things." Then go.

I process to go to the elevator, and press the button.

I don't really care what's going on between Yixing and Luhan there. Deep inside, I really want to hug Yixing with all my heart. I miss him so bad. Eventhough I know, again, I try to remember the same thing, we were nothing back then. But you know, he's my first. And that.. can't be forgotten just like that.

I walk out from the building, waiting for a taxy in the bus stop in front of the building. 15 minutes after, a car approaches me.

Bentley Bentayga Speed. You know, I've been working in Chunsang for quite somtime to know type of cars. And I can guess who can afford such a car like that in Korea. The car comes closer, and when it arrives in front of me, someone rolls down the window. I bend down a little to see who's behind the steer. Zhang Yixing.

What hell is he doing, again? I had enough Zhang Yixing in a day. I've been suppressing my feeling and hormone to avoid him. He's so tough, indeed.

He motions me to get inside the car. I've been 15 minutes waiting, and no sign of available taxis. Many of the is preoccupied. It's the time for getting back from work, many of them are packed. What should I do? Waiting for the next taxi is like a fishing in the empty pond. I decide to nake my life easier. Riding a bentley won't hurt.

I get in the car, greeted by Yixing huge smile, "You know, I've been waiting here for 15 minutes. That's the only reason why I'm agreeing to you to take me home."

"You're agreeing, that what's important."

"By the way, so you're actually close with Luhan?" I ask, it's beyond my curiousity though. Luhan spoke informal to him before. If they are not close enough, he should be upset. He talked impolitely to his Boss, technically.

"Yes. He's with me 7 years already." He says, tightens his grip on the steering wheel. Well, he looks rather angry to me. Am I imagining things? "Anyway, tomorrow, there will be a celebration party. You wanna come?" He asks. Oh, yes, I almost forget. Tomorrow I'll be Luhan's date.

"Hmmm.." I hum reluctantly, it's not we're dating, but somehow I feel like cheating. "I'm actually coming. I got an invitation."

He turns to me for a moment, "by whom?" He asks.

"Luhan." I say, murmuring.

"Well, what's your relationship with him? You're not dating him, that's for sure."

"He's a sunbae." I say, simply.

"Sunbae doesn't look like the way he looks at you, Aerin." He is not asking, that's an affirmation.

"He asked me out several times."  Eventually I say the truth. That's the only info I'll share to him. "And that's all."

"Oh.. okay.." he stops for a moment, "so, you're really coming?" He asks, to make sure.

"Yes, why?"

"You know, everyone is gossiping about us, right now. It's not good for you being another's man date in my company's party." Well, that's right. But I said yes way before Yixing did something that crazy, there's no way for me to cancel it, in last minute.

"I'll take care of that, somehow." I say.

"Okay t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter