twenty-one

After him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.” Hyemi crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at Haechan, the man holding a ridiculous dress, a pout on his face. “Your puppy eyes won’t work on me, Lee Haechan.” 

“Pleaseeeeee! I bought one for Nari too!” 

Hyemi shrugged, turning away. “Then you’ll have a tough fight with her too.”

“Please wear it, you’ll look amazing!” he pleaded.

“No!”

“Hyemi!” Haechan whined like a child who couldn’t have more candies. 

“No.” She repeated firmly. “You can’t make me wear that ugly piece of something.”

“Aaaaaaaaaaah why? It’s not ugly at all!” 

“First of all, no.” she said firmly and raised a finger at him. “Second of all, no.” she repeated and Haechan lost his temper.

He stomped his feet and whined again like a child in tantrum. “You’re such a party pooper! I come up with brilliant, incredible, amazing, spectacular, exciting, totally unique ideas every time I host a party and you always tell me I’m stupid and my ideas are stupid and you don’t want to come and like you’re coming anyway but leave after an hour and you don’t even love me while I love you so much and like you’re my best friend and I thought I was yours too but seems like I was wrong cuz’ you don’t even care about me and I’ll cry!” he said it one breath.

“Wow. It’s like you piss your words out of your mouth. Incredible.” she narrowed her eyes and turned around again, walking towards the kitchen. 

Haechan ran after her. “Hey, I wasn’t done talking!”

“Well, I was done listening.” she shrugged and poured a glass of water for herself. 

Haechan was still angrily gripping the dress, which was, let’s say, extraordinary. On the light blue pastel fabric, there were tons of donut patterns scattered around, the end of the dress was ruffled and on the front area a few squishy donuts were sewed on. If that wasn’t enough, it had a ridiculously big, pink bow on the back. His next party theme was aegyo and cute, hence the dress, but his interpretation of cute didn’t meet Hyemi’s. He’s been begging her more than an hour to wear that dress he’d bought, but she rejected even the thought. Haechan let a few tear drops roll down his cheeks as he muttered that Hyemi really didn’t love him, in fact, she hated him. She rolled her eyes and let out a defeated sigh as she agreed to wear the damn dress. Haechan punched in the air, his tears were gone the moment she said yes, and he changed to a huge smile although Hyemi was right, he would still have a tough match with Park Nari. 

 

 

Haechan’s mansion looked ridiculous. He cleared the ground floor, putting away the furniture somewhere else, so there was a spacious dance floor and place for the food and drinks. Pastel balloons, teddy bears and plush toys were everywhere along with fairylights and flower garlands. People were chilling in colorful beanbag chairs while drinking from glittery cups, others were taking photos in front of a floral backdrop, and the cherry on top were the enormous bouncy castle and the ball pit with slides in the garden, which were packed even in the chilly weather. The musical repertoire consisted the cutest pop hits and even some stupid children’s song for a challenge. So every time the Baby shark was played people had to take shots. Baby shark was played many times throughout the night. 

Jaehyun stopped in front of Hyemi and tried to hide his grin. “I love your…” he paused for a moment as he gazed at her chest area. “Buns.” he finished his sentence and cleared his throat, ears turning pink.

Hyemi scoffed at him. “Very funny, Jung Jaehyun. They’re donuts by the way.” she huffed and had a sip from her purplish cocktail Haechan had given her. 

“Sorry, I donut know about things like that.” he couldn’t stop himself anymore and started laughing loudly in his ridiculously low voice, wiping his tears. 

Hyemi faceplamed herself and waited while Jaehyun got over her attire. In the meantime, she examined him. He was wearing pastel pink shorts and pastel blue shirt with rubber ducks and clouds on it, his bowtie on his neck was a matching pink as his shorts and his shoes were light yellow. He didn’t style his hair, it was a bit disheveled and wavy. He looked ridiculous as everything and everyone around them, but, yeah, she had to admit he looked damn cute. 

“I’ve seen Nari at the drinks with a similar expression as yours, bullied by Shiwoo. Didn’t know you came as a couple.”

“Wait until you see Lee Haechan and Johnny Suh. They freaking lost their minds.” she snorted and tried to cross her arms over her chest but the donuts were in the way. She groaned and put her hands on her hips instead, puffing out and irritated sigh. 

Speaking of the devil, Haechan trotted next to Hyemi with the happiest smile in the world and greeted Jaehyun. Not long after Johnny and Nari joined them and Jaehyun finally understood what Hyemi meant. Haechan was wearing a unicorn onesie, while Johnny a dinosaur. Nari had a similar dress as Hyemi but she didn’t have donuts but macaroons. 

“How did you convince them to wear those?” Jaehyun asked Haechan, pointing at the girls and he just shrugged.

“I sold my soul to the devil.” he said curtly and squished a donut on Hyemi’s stomach, earning a smack on the head.  

Hyemi turned her attention at Nari who was staring in the distance with a longing expression. She tapped her shoulder. “What are you staring at?” she looked in the direction and a knowing smile appeared on her face. “Or might I say who are you staring at?” she wiggled her eyebrows, Nari groaning and pulling the girl over. 

“Stop it.”

“I thought you two are done?” it was more like a question than a statement. 

Nari let out a tired sigh, her eyes finding Nakamoto Yuta in the crowd again. “We are.”

“And is it bothering you? Really?”

She shrugged. “I think? A bit? Why? What’s with that face?” she slapped her friend’s arm upon seeing the frown in Hyemi’s face.

“I mean, that’s a first.” 

Park Nari wasn’t famous for having heartaches so, her looking at Yuta with that crashed expression was something Hyemi hasn’t seen in her life. 

“Everyone needs a first, Hyemi.” she stated and yelped when Haechan jumped next to her out of nowhere. 

“Come on Park, we can play beer pong over there and if you can’t make it, you have to drink and also do aegyo.”

“You’re enjoying it too much.” Nari shook her head disapprovingly. 

“You and Chicago a couple.” he pushed Nari next to Johnny. “Pinku and Mr. Duckling another couple.” he did the same with Hyemi and Jaehyun. “I’ll be the cutest judge.”

They headed to the tables and Haechan poured something pink into the cups, Johnny watching questioningly. Haechan enlightened him that it was pink ginger beer, since everything had to be cute. They started the game with Nari messing up her first shot, so she had to do aegyo. She turned to Johnny with a pout and spoke in baby voice.

“Oppa, buy me ice cream please!” 

Johnny stood there frozen with a dead expression. “Woah, I didn’t even drink that much but I feel like throwing up.” despite his words, his blushing face betrayed him as Haechan gave him a suspicious look.

“Yah!” Nari slapped Johnny’s arm a few times.

“It was cute, don’t worry.”

All of them looked in the direction of the voice. Song Shiwoo casually walked closer and had a sip from his glittery cup.

“Oh great, now he’s here too.” Hyemi sighed.

“Show me what you got Pinku.” Shiwoo winked at Hyemi, Jaehyun growling at the back.

“You look like a marshmallow.” Hyemi snorted as she sized Shiwoo up. He was wearing light pastel pink tuxedo with a rainbow bow tie. Hyemi couldn’t even imagine where the hell had he managed to find something like that. 

“I taste like one too.” he winked at her.

“Ew.” Hyemi and Nari whined in disgust. 

“By the way, you also look cute Nari.” he raised his cup and had a sip, the girl perking up.

“Aw, thanks oppa!” she chirped.

“Such sudden change from ew to aw.” Haechan scoffed and instructed them to continue the game. 

The next rounds were funny too. Johnny sang a song in baby voice, Nari posed in cute ways but Hyemi and Jaehyun got away with the punishments so far, much to Shiwoo’s disappointment who eventually stayed there. Haechan enjoyed the show so much, he tried to bother Johnny every time he had to throw the ball, so he would miss it. Shiwoo even made videos of Johnny doing aegyo and promised to send it to everyone in their major.

“Elbow!” Haechan shrieked and pointed at Nari who just threw the ball that went into the cup.

“It wasn’t!” she shouted at Haechan. 

“It was over the edge!”

“It wasn’t, you little piece of !” Nari lurched forward and started hitting Haechan’s , the male yelping and whining. 

“I am the judge! If I say it was elbow, then it was elbow!” he screamed. “Do I need to repeat myself?” he grabbed Nari’s arms, stopping her. 

“No need, I ignored you just fine the first time!” she spat, Haechan snorting in reply. 

While the two continued bickering, the others were engaged in a small talk, ignoring the two idiots. It took them a few minutes until the fighting eventually died down, both were panting for air. Shiwoo turned to them and raised an eyebrow. 

“Are you done fighting?”

They nodded.

“I don’t hear the I love yous.” Shiwoo narrowed his eyes at them. Nari and Haechan groaned but turned towards each other, saying the usual finisher I love yous. “Good.” Shiwoo stepped closer and patted their heads. “Now, since it was indeed elbow, it doesn’t count. I’m sorry Nari baby.”

Haechan triumphantly punched in the air, while Nari went back to Johnny and murmured profanities under her breath. 

 After a few rounds Hyemi finally missed a shot and had to drink and also do something in a cute wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter