Epilogue

After him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Graduation

Johnny looked around the courtyard, with a bouquet in his hands. The graduating students and their families were running around the venue, taking pictures, engulfing each other in warm hugs, laughing and talking loudly. They officially graduated and they start their adult life. 

He watched Hendery and Yangyang running towards Lucas, the older male seemed to attend the ceremony as a supportive sunbae to the two. Beside them stood Suji, arguing with his little brother and she tossed the flowers she was holding into the teenager’s hands. She huffed and readjusted her cap then met eyes with Johnny. She flashed an uncertain smile, the male mimicking her and also waved at her. 

Nari’s friends, Minju, Eunbi and Jisoo ran past him, saying hi as they were heading to the direction where Shiwoo was. He could see Moon Taeil and Moon Soyi, giving a bouquet to Shiwoo, the male rolling his eyes as he seemed to reprimand Moon Taeil for whatever reason. Shiwoo caught Johnny staring, and flashed a smile, reaching his hand to a wave. Soyi and Taeil looked in the direction where Shiwoo was gazing and upon noticing Johnny, the twins flashed a melancholic smile. Johnny mimicked their actions, nodding slightly. He could see Shiwoo fishing out his phone of his pocket, typing something, and not even ten seconds later Johnny’s phone buzzed. He checked the message which he already knew was from Shiwoo. 

[Shiwoo hyung]

Seems like these bonds never break, despite our differences.

will find u and Mimi in 10.

we should snap a pic, dont u think?

 

Johnny’s heart clenched at the nickname, nevertheless his lips stretched to a smile as he typed an answer. 

 

[Me]

we do that, hyung.

 

Then he started walking to where his parents might have been. On his way he saw Nari taking pictures with Yuta, the two even sharing a tender kiss. A sudden rush of joy washed over him upon seeing the girl’s happiness. He finally let go of his romantic feelings towards Nari, all that remained was the sincere friendship. He was truly happy for her and he could see that Yuta had a good influence on Nari.

A little further were Haechan with Yoojung, who stood out with her fancy navy-blue maxi dress and faux fur coat among the black gowns. Haechan patted her head, the girl blushing and grinning at his fiancé. The two have been getting along well in the past few months, one could say they even became friends and who knows what can blossom from that in the future.  

Then he noticed Hyemi with her parents and Jaehyun by her side. He had his arm around the girl’s waist while with his other he waved to his parents, calling them over. Jaehyun introduced his parents to Hyemi’s, the elders bowing politely and exchanging business cards. 

Everybody seemed to find their place in the world and Johnny couldn’t stop himself recalling his brother’s words in his letter for him.

 

It will be alright Johnny. The world won’t stop spinning and that’s okay. The pain will dissipate and all of you will find happiness at some point. A few of you, it will take more time than the others, a few of you will shed more tears, feel more pain, remember longer, but every one of you will be able to move forward and find purpose, and even though I won’t be here anymore, I still will be very proud of all of you.

 

A sudden collision stopped his train of thoughts and he hissed as hot liquid flowed down his arm, two cups of coffee landing on the ground. A petite girl looked at him horrified and dabbed his arm with the sleeve of her dress while chanting apologies over and over again. Johnny had a glance at his ruined gown with a sigh then averted his gaze at the girl. He was taken aback of how beautiful she was, with her long, black hair, small face and when she peeked at Johnny with those gorgeous eyes he felt something hit his heart.

“I am so so so sorry!” she blabbered, still trying to save Johnny’s attire, even though it was a lost cause. “I’m so clumsy, I was about to find my brother but I couldn’t see him and as I was looking around I…”

“It’s okay.” Johnny held his hand to stop her growing panic. He reached for the two cups on the ground, showing the girl that they were empty, then tossed them into the trashcan beside him.

“I’ll pay for the cleaning, okay? Oh and it’s your graduation!” she exclaimed. She clicked her tongue as she scrutinized the big, wet spot on Johnny’s gown. “Have you taken pictures with your family and friends yet?” she held Johnny’s gaze who was frozen in shock. 

She was beyond gorgeous. She had an aura that he couldn’t really describe but felt like he was pulled into a vortex. Was this feeling that people called love at first sight?

“You… you okay?” she asked timidly. 

Johnny shook his head and coughed out a nervous laugh. “Well, you’re right it’s my graduation, I didn’t have a chance to take pictures with my family and now I’ll look like .” he said, a teasing lilt in his voice.

The girl’s already sullen expression fell, her lips trembled in pure worry. “I don’t know what to do. I am so sorry and…” she let out a sigh.

Johnny hid his smirk. She wasn’t just mesmerizingly beautiful but even was freaking selfless since she didn’t even notice that her lilac dress was ruined in the accident as well. She shivered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter