Sherbet Lemons

Division of Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not coming with us?" Eric questioned.

It was about 10 o'clock in the morning and their group had just returned from breakfast in the Great Hall. They were all seated in the common room where Chorong and Irene were currently making a shopping list while Changsub was busy teasing a second year by the fireplace.

 

"I can't, I'm busy." Solar replied as she flipped through her Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook. Her weekend detentions were taking up all her free time allocated for homework, thus, she had fallen behind on her assignments.

"Changsub! Come over here." Eric called. "Help me convince Solar to join us on this trip."

"Aw come on, Sol. You're always studying, plus when do we ever get the chance to go down to Hogsmeade." Changsub said as he slumped down into the arm chair next to her.

"Sorry guys, but this essay is due tonight and I haven't even written half of it." she said, declining the invitation.

 

Professor McGonagall had announced that any third, fourth, or fifth year from any house with a signed form would be allowed to visit the village and to meet in the courtyard at 11 o'clock sharp. Solar had been on these trips her third and fourth year and was very aware of how a two hour trip could take an entire day. So she knew that she wouldn't be able to go and make it back in time to complete her assignment.

"Are you sure?" Eric asked again, reluctant to leave her.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." she said as Changsub pulled him through the entrance behind Chorong and Irene.

Solar waved sadly as her group of friends left her behind in the red common room and went on their way.

 

She decided to work for another two hours before deciding on a change of scenery. Carefully gathering her belongings, she made her way outside the Gryffindor dorms heading towards the library.

Solar let out a sigh upon her route through the castle. It was emptier than usual on a weekend, more kids must have wanted to head down to the wizarding village this weekend.

Even Hyejin had canceled on their tutoring session today wanting to have a date with a certain Ravenclaw.

 

The prefect took her usual spot in the corner which provided her with a nice view point of the Forbidden Forest as she worked on her assignments. 

This essay isn’t going to write itself she thought, getting to work.

Although...it really could if she could just bewitch the quill to move on its own.

But s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter