Promise to Write

Division of Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Promise?”

 

“I promise.”

 

They sealed it off with small peck.

Hyejin smiled as she turned to pat Ggomo on his little head.

 

“You can bring this little rascal as well if you want.” She retracted her hand incase the orange cat had understood her and tried to puncture her hand with his teeth.

 

They were currently in the Ravenclaw dormitories as Wheein was finishing up her packing. The school year was finally over and students were to return home for the summer until the season ended.

Hyejin had written to her parents a week before and had gotten permission for Wheein to visit the Burrow, the Ahn family’s home, sometime during their break. 

 

“Are you sure? He’s got a weird knack for chewing plants now. I’m not sure if your father would appreciate that.” Wheein replied right as she closed her trunk.

Hyejin laughed and told her it was fine. 

 

“Actually, I will. I think I need a place to hide Ggomo for a bit.” Wheein said.

 

“What? Why?” Hyejin asked, thoroughly confused.

 

“I might’ve hit Byulyi unnie one too many times with a bludger while we were playing a few days ago. And she mentioned something about shaving Ggomo when we were walking back.” Wheeinie replied with a scared tone.

 

“Wheein-ah, she’s just joking.” Hyejin tried to reassure her.

 

“No! I saw a bruise form on her left shoulder already! Ggomo is too young, he’ll be traumatized!!” Wheein whined.

 

Hyejin shook her head at her girlfriend’s antics and the two of them then managed to trick Ggomo with some treats to get him into his cage. Before they knew it they were wheeling Wheein’s belongings out of the dormitory to load it into the carriages to be taken to the station.

.

.

.

.

.

Eric caught a look from Chorong as he set down the trunk in the common room. 

 

Because. It was Solar’s trunk.

 

Everyone was finishing up packing their final belongings and either some had started late or were having trouble deciding what they wanted to bring home and what they didn’t.

Eric had been one of the few lucky ones who already had their trunks brought down to the front gates as he felt it was his duty as a prefect to finish early to help others. Thus here he was assisting his friends with theirs but Chorong seemed to think differently.

It irritated him it really did. But he knew she was right.

 

2 days ago…

 

“We need to talk.”

 

He turned to her, giving her a look of confusion. 

 

“About what?” he said.

 

“Bout that.” she nodded her head in Solar’s direction before pulling Eric to take a seat over on the rocks. He shot one last glance at Solar’s disappearing figure before letting out a sigh and complying.

 

“She’s always been like that. I don’t think she would rest until she is the next Minister for Magic.” Eric joked, shaking his head.

 

Chorong let out a hum of agreement. “You’re like that as well. Did you two want to run the Ministry together or something?” 

 

They both let out a laugh and Chorong saw it again. A dreamy kind of look in Eric’s eyes as if he was really imagining him and Solar together working at the Ministry.

 

She let out a sigh, fidgeting with her fingers as she considered how she would go about this.

 

“You care a lot for her. I can tell she really appreciates it.” 

 

“Well what are friends for?” Eric replied giving her a small smile. Again, she noticed it. A slight emphasis on friend that would have gone by overlooked if she hadn’t just found out.

 

“Do you…” she paused. “…do you only want to be friends with her?”

 

He turned towards her immediately.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

She let out a sigh. “Please don’t make me say it.” she mumbled.

 

But Eric’s silence was practically begging her to.

 

“Do you want to be more than friends with Solar?”

 

She felt the tension leave her shoulders with the cat finally out of the bag. Although this would only be the start of a lot more drama to come.

 

There was a conflicted look in his eyes like he was having a hard time really understanding his own feelings.

 

“I don’t know…maybe? I—“ he covered his face with both hands, rubbing his eyes in distress.

 

Oh no. Chorong internally screamed. This is a big problem. 

She had no idea on how Solar felt but she knew that Eric’s feelings would complicate everything. And if they were unreciprocated if or when he confessed she feared how he would react.

 

“Did you want to tell her or—?”

 

Eric shook his head immediately. “No. No. I couldn’t do that to her. Do you see how stressed she is? I couldn’t add more to that.”

 

She nodded in agreement. “Alright. If you need to talk to anyone I’m here.” she said, finishing up their conversation as she heard Changsub and Irene headed back towards them.

 

Eric gave her a small smile in return and the two of them turned to see Changsub covered in sand from head to toe and a smirking, clean, sandless Irene.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“We’ll see you guys later.” Eric said to the rest of the group and they parted ways.

 

They were currently on the train at Hogsmeade Station ready to depart for King’s Cross Station in London. Both Eric and Solar were to sit in the prefect’s compartment for the start of the journey back just to discuss matters regarding their houses for the end of the year.

Solar thanked Suho, a fifth year prefect from Hufflepuff, for holding the door as she slid into the seat next to Eric.

 

“Alright lets get started.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter