Family Ambitions

Division of Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s up loser” the older girl called out as Yongsun plopped down beside her. 

 

“Now what’s so important that you needed to see me that badly?” she asked, using her left hand to push her hair back. She was a little stressed out and every single second was precious to her. Her schedule was packed with younger students needing help before their final exams not to mention her own exams.

 

“Well little sis, change of plans we have to come home for winter break.” the seventh year said, handing over a letter.

 

Yongsun let out a groan as she inspected it, seeing her parents’ familiar handwriting. 

They were Muggles and often seemed to forget that their two daughters weren’t like them. Or tried their hardest to forget…

 

From the looks of it, there would be important guests over, and with Yonghee graduating soon, they had muggle plans for their eldest daughter.

 

“This doesn’t seem to concern me. I have O.W.Ls to prepare for, I don’t have time for this.” Yongsun whined to her sister.

 

“Nuh uh. You’re coming with me. I’m not dealing with this alone.” Yonghee said. “Plus, Jing Jing is getting old don’t you wanna see her?”

Yongsun remained unfazed by Yonghee’s methods of persuasion. 

 

“If you don’t, I doubt they would let you return to finish your last two years at Hogwarts.”

 

At the mention of that, Yongsun knew she had no choice but to cancel her plans she had made for spending the week long break here at Hogwarts.

 

“Fine. But I’m returning early if they try anything weird on me. I gotta go.” she bid her goodbyes, rushing off into the direction she came from.

 

Yonghee stared sadly at her sister’s disappearing figure. She knew by the time she graduated that she would go on to have a muggle career and a muggle life. 

 

Yongsun seemed more likely to end up working in the Ministry if she really tried. She just wasn’t sure if her parents were fond of the idea or not. 

Yonghee hoped her little sister wouldn’t end up with the same fate as her, and was given a chance to choose her future.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

She let out a deep breath as she reached the gate entrance. It was an obligation to return to the Moon Manor every break, no matter how much she dreaded it.

 

Moonbyul always felt like an outcast within her family. Her parent’s beliefs seemed so irrational the more she grew up and the more she began to learn things for herself. 

 

Moon Byulyi had a reputation to uphold for the Moon family and it seemed like she failed them every time. 

 

Seulgi and Yesol were spoiled by the rest of the family and they seemed to be the pride and joy of the Moons compared to Byulyi.

 

She was often compared to her uncle who was a disgrace to the family name. From a young age, Byulyi knew she was different from the rest of the Moons and tried her best to fit in.

 

It was right as she arrived at Hogwarts and sat on the stool that she knew. The sorting hat had taken its time with her despite her name which usually would automatically sort her into Slytherin.

 

“Hmmm. A Moon. Well surely you would go into Slytherin like the rest of your family. But something about you seems different to me. You have the brains for Ravenclaw I don’t doubt that. But your loyalty seems to lie with Hufflepuff. Not to mention the extremely bravery I’m feeling would put you into Gryffindor.”

 

First year Byulyi remembered chanting inside her head for the green house. Anything to not disappoint her parents.

 

“Sly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter