Middle of the Forest

Division of Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock. Knock.

 

She pressed a hand against her side, trying to catch her breath. It was long walk from the castle down to the little hut and with her condition, it was a surprise she hasn’t passed out yet.

 

The large wooden door swung open, revealing a large man.

 

“Byulyi?” he questioned right as he set his eyes on her. He ushered her in quickly.

 

She took a seat at the table as he placed down a pot of tea. 

“What happened to yur face? Yur back early. School don’t start till three more days.”

Hagrid said, placing a cup in front of her.

 

Byul looked down at her hands. She felt ashamed for getting into this situation just because she couldn’t hold her tongue. It only took a second for the half giant’s expression to darken.

 

“What did yer folks do to yuh? Tis why yur back already?” he asked, although he already knew the answer. 

 

He made a loud noise getting up and began digging through his cabinets. 

“Imma start brewing a potion for yur. Why don’t yer get me some more herbs in the forest. Feed Buckbeak while yur at it.” he mumbled, focused on gathering the right ingredients.

 

“But Buckbeak doesn’t like me.” she replied quietly.

 

Hagrid let out a little chuckle. “He don’t needa like yah. Just give him some ferrets maybe he’ll change his mind one day.”

 

Moonbyul emptied her cup of tea and made her way towards the door. Hagrid always took great care of her whenever something happened back at home. Since her first year, he knew about her situation and what the Moons were like however he respected Byulyi’s decision to keep quiet about her injuries and chose to help heal them instead.

 

She made her way around the hut and grabbed a chain of two ferrets off the fence, trying her best not to gag at the smell.

She walked across the pathway towards the pole where the hippogriff was chained.

His head turned toward her as she approached.

Byulyi stopped a few feet in front, bowing down to gain the animal’s trust. However he was stubborn and refused to reciprocate the action. She let out a sigh, throwing the chain of ferrets to land in front of him. It was too much of a risk to get closer if Buckbeak wasn’t fond of her.

 

She dusted off her hands and began the trek into the forest. It was a few minutes to get to it, but there was a stream that ran through the forest from the lake. A lot of herbs that Hagrid frequently used in potions grew in the area and she was sure that Professor Sprout had gotten some of the plants in the greenhouse from there too.

 

A few minutes of almost falling on her face and nearly passing out, Byulyi spotted the stream.

 

She mentally gave herself a high five picking up speed to get to the water.

 

“Watch out.”

 

Oh bloody hell. It had been two weeks since that incident in the Room of Requirement but Byul couldn’t seem to shake the memory from her head.

It ran through her mind all day, every single second of what happened. 

She smiled again, thinking about a certain prefect.

 

But now it seems that she’s starting to hear voices. 

 

“I said watch out!”

 

But it was too late. Byulyi felt her foot hit a large branch and before she knew it she was on the ground.

Two hands grabbed onto her, gently pulling her up. Byulyi turned towards the person and almost choked seeing that it wasn’t all in her head.

 

“Yongsun?!” she exclaimed with wide eyes.

 

“You idiot! Did you not hear me??” the girl scolded, trying her best to brush off the dirt on the Slytherin.

She brought them over a nearby log to sit on once she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter