Troubles for the Future

Division of Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry, sorry. Sorry.” she apologized as she pushed through the crowd.

 

“Girl, where were you?” Irene asked, as Solar dumped all her textbooks onto the table.

 

“I lost track of time.” she replied, moving to tame some strands of her hair that moved out of place while she was rushing.

 

“You know how hard it is to stop Chorong from eating your dinner. Hell, she even ate half of Changsub’s chicken wings.” Irene informed as she pushed forward a plate.

 

“Hey! No wonder, I thought the house elves were skimping on me this time.” Changsub yelled, disappointed with his chicken wing loss.

 

Chorong shot him an innocent smile before returning to finish the rest of her dessert she had probably stolen from a first year.

 

“It’s Hogwarts, you can always ask for more.” Eric assured him.

A movement to his right caught his attention.

“Hey, slow down, you still got plenty of time. You’ll get sick if you get too quickly.” he said, turning to Solar.

 

“Thanks.” she nodded, slowing down her pace. The prefect often finished her food rather quickly, it had become a habit of hers when she put too much priority into her academics. But Eric was always there to remind her to slow down and take her time.

 

“Since it almost summer you guys wanna go for a swim at the end of the week?” Changsub asked.

 

“Hogwarts doesn’t have a pool.” Irene pointed out.

 

“No princess, I meant in the Great Lake.” Changsub said. “Plus it’ll be nice to do it after finals.”

 

Irene’s eyes widened. “No, no.” she said nodding her head. “I’m not getting into that water.”

 

“Why not?” Eric asked, intrigued by her reaction.

 

“Do you even know what is in that water, it could be anything.” Irene said with her face full of disgust from just the thought of it.

 

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to, just come have fun with us.” Chorong remarked through a mouthful of cake.

 

Both Eric and Changsub sent each other a knowing look across the table. Irene was going to end up in that water whether she wanted to or not.

 

Then, everyone’s attention turned to the Gryffindor prefect at the end of the table.

 

Solar looked up to see four pairs of eyes staring at her. 

“What?”

 

“You coming?” Changsub said with a chuckle.

 

“Oh, uh…” she hesitated, biting on her bottom lip. Not that she had any official plans after exam week was over, but she did have a few things in mind that she wanted to do.

 

“She’s coming” Eric answered for her, leaving no room for arguments.

 

Her friends all shot her a smile as they turned back to their own things, leaving her to finish her meal. It was for her own good, she knew. However, for the first time, she felt indifferent towards it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“You okay?” 

 

She looked up, pushing her glasses closer to her face, eyes focused on the person in front of her.

 

“Yea? Why wouldn’t I be?” the Slytherin said, slightly confused.

 

“When did you wear glasses? And you’re studying?” Wheein scrunched her eyebrows. 

 

Moonbyul threw the Ravenclaw a mixed look of disbelief and fake annoyance.

“I just felt encouraged to study that’s all. And I thought I looked cute in these.”

 

Wheein let out a laugh. “That’s good then! And I was just wondering cause I think you look cute too.”

 

She dumped her rolls of parchment on the table, taking a seat next to the fourth year.

 

“Better watch it, what happens if the Hufflepuff lion hears you?”

 

Wheein brushed off the threat, “Hyejinnie would say you look cute too.”

 

Moonbyul’s cheeks reddened from the compliment.

 

“Aw! Look at that. How does it feel, getting a taste of your own medicine?” Wheeinie laughed, proud she was able to get her bullying unnie to become a flustered mess. 

 

“Anyways…me, you. After finals. At the quidditch pitch.” Wheein proposed after calming down f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter