[Epilogue - Part 1]

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Tae, just curious, when did you discover that you were gay?”

 

Taeyeon turned her head away, but eyes were still glued to a computer game she was playing for a second. “What’s that?”

 

“You know, you are a girl, and I am a girl…” Ugh. She sighed and couldn’t help but to find this behaviour irritating. “Oh my god, Tae. Can you stop playing your game for once and answer me properly?”

 

“I can’t pause this; can we wait until later?”

 

“Tae, you have been playing since 6AM!”

 

Before Tiffany complained more, Taeyeon decided to give in. “Ok. What do you want to talk about?” She sat on the bed beside her girlfriend, resting her chin on Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

It’s what she wanted, but she was surprised, nonetheless. “Wow, you are suddenly so compliant and attentive today.”

 

“I like being with you, so I need to behave my best!” She chirped.

“Not sure if you are just being sassy again or you just happen to have a sweet mouth.” Tiffany can’t help but to have a silly smile on her face, poking Taeyeon on her nose. “You haven’t answered my question?”

 

“Uhm mm… I don’t know. What’s the difference between dating a girl or a guy? Both same thing to me.”

 

“So, you are bi?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Then what are you?”

 

“I don’t like guys or girls; I only like you. Whatever you are, I like.”

 

Tiffany shook her head, giving up. “I didn’t know you can be this cheesy, even before when we hang you were never like this.”

With her chin still resting on Tiffany's shoulder, Taeyeon didn’t reply. She just looked at her with her eyes surveying Tiffany’s side profile. She just wanted to nap there, but her chin started hurting. “Ow.” She grunted when her chin slipped off.

“Are you okay?”


“I am going to go finish my game, be real quick. Come watch if you want.”

“I just complimented you!” Tiffany scolded as Taeyeon shuffled back to her computer.

Out of curiosity Tiffany moved beside her to watch what she was playing. But only to quickly look away and run back to the bed. “Not another horror game again! I really want to go to the carnival tonight. You promised!”

 

“I will! Stop complaining.” Taeyeon replied.

"You are going to be too tired to go at this rate."

An eerie scream mixed with bone crunching sounds suddenly made Tiffany lose herself and walked hastily out of the room.

Taeyeon frowned that she couldn’t finish her game, but she shut it off and followed her sulking girlfriend out of her room.

 

...

After consoling a sad Fany, Taeyeon agreed to go to the festival Tiffany wanted to go. It was the only way to appease her. But she never thought she would have so much fun at a crowded place like this.

The environment feels restless here, lights twinkling, people laughing and music being played from various stands. It’s as if this place is separated from the rest of the world.

Somehow throughout the experience, Taeyeon acted like the adult while an overly excited Tiffany dragged her to different rides and checking out different prizes from different game stands.

And of course, Taeyeon being a good girlfriend won most of what she wanted.

“You are the best!” Tiffany laughed while holding onto her arms.

“You are exaggerating.”

“I don’t exaggerate. Not my style. But you know I feel so lonely whenever you start playing your video games.”

 

“I only played a little today! And I said before, those webpages you saw weren’t games, they are a project I am working on for Jess’ father.”

 

“It looks like a video game to me.”

“I will show you sometime. It’s pretty neat.”

“No. I don’t want to see the thing that takes your attention from me. You always have to ignore me when you work.” Tiffany frowned, her cheeks pressing firmly against her shoulder.

“You know I am going to drop all the plushies on the ground if you keep on holding my arm hostage.”

 

“Oh.” Tiffany’s frown turned into a pout. Only partially letting go, she just held onto Taeyeon’s arms with her hands instead.

“Ha! Why are you acting so childish? I thought I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter