Chapter 15 - About Her

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, you didn’t even know your name?”

 

“Mhm…” Taeyeon said, hugging her pillow. What initially was supposed to be a quick Q&A turned into hours of conversations and a recitation of her life. Her eyes were almost shut, tired from hunger and too much talking. “Faa…any.”

 

“Tae?”

 

“I am HUN-GA-RY.” She said the last word with utmost clarity, saying the word syllable by syllable.

 

“Ok. Let’s go eat!” Tiffany finally got up from their chair and stretched. “Ahhh, that took a while. I didn’t know I had that many questions.”

 

Just as Taeyeon was about to scoot of her bed, shuffling her knees.

 

“Just one more question!”

 

A short scream followed. “AHHH!”

 

PLOOF!

 

Taeyeon fell sideways off of her bed; luckily, her pillow prevented another knocking to her head. “Ughhh…” She groaned.

 

“Taeyoon! What happened?” Tiffany looked at the girl now lying on the ground, face snuggled up against her pillow.

 

“We…No…I have been talking for 2 hours about everything personal to me! Yoona is almost home, and we didn’t even have dinner yet! Can’t we eat dinner first!?”

 

A smile graced Tiffany’s face, “You are inviting me to dinner?”

“YES! Now a cold and soggy dinner….” She frowned, oblivious to the slight grin on Tiffany’s face.

 

Tiffany asked her from the beginning when she woke up at the hospital to unforgiving to every detail. When Taeyeon pretty much finished telling her story, most of the story was just her silly adventures with Yoona and their occasional family trips. Still, Tiffany was engrossed in the story, like having storytime with her mother when she was younger.

 

After finally getting up from the floor, Taeyeon slowly made her way to the bedroom door and turned the doorknob.

 

“AHHH!” She screamed for the second time that night, this time startling Tiffany out of her deep thoughts from Taeyeon’s answers. “Jesus, Yoona, you scared the crap out of me…have you had dinner yet?”

 

Yoona looked at her sister, whose eyes half-closed, facial colours drained. Yoona was about to scold her older sister again until she saw another figure standing behind her. “I have…Oh my gosh! Tiffany! Why are you…Taeyoon, are you, two friends…?” Yoona’s eyes darted back and forth between the two.

 

The said girl looked at her sister blankly for a second. “NO MORE QUESTIONS! LET ME EAT!” She said, feeling quite irritated, and walked past the door without turning back to heat her missed dinner.

 

She went over to their tiny kitchen and started heating the many dishes of leftovers while sitting on the counter with a slight frown, feeling half-asleep.

 

 

After some silence, Yoona looked at the girl standing by the door. Tiffany and Jessica were among the popular ones due to their parents working at a large company. They were always top performers and very talented. In Tiffany’s case, she was talented and very studious, while Jessica, exceeding expectations, was talented and intelligent. Both were super pretty; that is a given. Tiffany was one of the last individuals on Yoona’s mind that she thought Taeyeon would be able to make friends with.

 

“Hi.” Yoona gave the girl a cute wave and a tiny bow. “S…Sorry, I just didn’t realize her first friend would be you…I was just surprised.”

 

“That’s ok. I’m happy to know her and finally get to meet you. She gets grumpy, doesn’t she?” Tiffany remarked.

 

Yoona mused at that comment. “She rarely gets that grumpy. This is one of those rare times I get to see her like that. She must be tired. What did you ask her?”

 

Tiffany coughed nervously and cleared . “I was curious about her, so I might have asked one too many personal questions. But she doesn’t get grumpy? She gets pretty frustrated when she was tutoring me.” She said with a slight pout, hoping her friend’s sister won’t get upset at her for asking her sister something that might be private.

 

“She GOT frustrated!? Haha! Oh my gosh, I want to see that!” Yoona chuckled and smiled. “Maybe it’s because she sees you as a friend.”

 

“I think a friend would be more patient.”

 

“Yup. Well, most of the time, she is, if I remember correctly. She never once yelled back nor lost her composure when our parents scolded her. Even after the fact, she remained her usual cheery self doing her things.” She looked at the other girl, who looked slack-jawed. “To be honest, I don’t know how she is like that. But anyway, aren’t you hungry? From the sound of it, you haven’t had dinner.”

 

As the two also made their way to the kitchen, Tiffany looked guiltily at the girl dozing off on top of the kitchen counter. She checked the time, and it is already 10:36 PM, 2 hours from the time they arrived. Yoona made her way to the half-asleep girl.

 

“Come on, unnie, it’s time to eat.” She gently patted her upset sister’s hand and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter