Chapter 6 - A Face Full of Water

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

A few days have passed, and it is now Friday. Sunny had experienced the most eventless week so far, despite the fake forum post that happened earlier that week. She knew Jessica didn’t bother her as much because Tiffany was back. And Tiffany’s interest in Taeyeon had also kept Jessica in a distance. However, Sunny knew Jessica would not let the events that had happened on Tuesday go. Because she never loses. If it’s something that she wants to happen, she will make it happen. If not, she always find a way to get back at you.

Today Tiffany decided to stay behind to study since she didn’t think she did well on her exam and Friday was the perfect time to review while everything is still fresh in her head. Thus, Sunny knew Jessica might target them again from her past experiences. Sunny wasn’t worried for herself, but she felt anxious for Taeyeon. Because of the events that had happened between her and Jessica, Jessica might do something really bad to her. In spite of all that, Sunny was too afraid to do anything, so she just prayed that Taeyeon was safe.

You are such a weakling, Sunny. Taeyeon’s words echoed in her head.

------

After school, Tiffany decided to stay and study for a bit longer, since Sunny was successful in helping her make progress.

Walking down the hallways to get to the library, Tiffany recalled her time with Taeyeon this week. From occasionally hanging with her during lunch, she noticed that the girl was really smart. Although Tiffany was getting tutored by Sunny, when the latter could not figure out a problem, she went to ask Taeyeon. Taeyeon would solve the problem in a snap and unlike Tiffany, Sunny could understand the solution once Taeyeon showed her the answer.

She noticed that Jessica did not like Taeyeon, sometimes she would intentionally bump into the girl. One time Jessica even knocked the textbooks out of Taeyeon’s hands for no reason. Tiffany guessed it was because Jessica disliked Taeyeon for finishing the exam before her, because she knows her best friend can be competitive at times. Tiffany tried consoling her best friend by telling her that Taeyeon might have just guessed some parts because she didn’t get enough time to study and no way she can score higher than her. In the end, she stopped talking about talking about Taeyeon with her, because even herself did not want to risk facing Jessica’s wrath.

After seeing Taeyeon’s interactions with Jess and her reactions, she realizes that Taeyeon to be the most interesting girl she has ever met. Not only did Taeyeon not mind Jessica’s behaviour, but she would also always make some witty remark that leave Jessica speechless. It was the first time for her to see someone who was not intimidated by Jessica’s character.

Taeyeon always acts all cool and cheerful, like she is interested in everything she encounters. When she is with her, Taeyeon would talk about many different topics. She talked about all the video game she played, movies she watched and some interesting things she learned online. Tiffany realized how well Taeyeon can explain things if she puts her mind to it and is actually interested in the topic. During one lunch period, she talked about how things worked in her favorite video game, the terms were very technical and hard to understand, but she made it so that even Tiffany was intrigued. Tiffany, who had never touched a single video game. She thought if Taeyeon could tutor her the same way in her schoolwork, then she would become an ‘A’ student in no time.

However, Tiffany did notice an odd vibe around the short girl, she seemed different from other students, but familiar to her. She had nice skin, nice posture and despite being impatient with her and constant battling with Jess, Taeyeon also had nice manners. No matter how careless sometimes Taeyeon acts, Tiffany knew these qualities all too well. She was Jessica’s best friend after all, and she remembered all the mannerisms her best friend had in her fancy large house. There’s that and also Taeyeon’s steadiness of mind, it’s like some of these habits and traits were drilled into her ever since she was very little. The more she thought, the more curious she becomes about the new girl.

One amusing thing Tiffany also noticed was when she acted caring and overly friendly to her, so much as to give her a side hug, Taeyeon would get flustered and jumpy. Once she shared a pack of chocolate with her, Taeyeon acted like if she had received a gold medal. The amusing part was that she tried to act like it was nothing when her expression and reaction betrayed her. Tiffany swears that if she had teased a bit more, Taeyeon would faint from happiness over something so little. No matter how witty, smart, or cool Taeyeon thinks she is, Tiffany knew in the end she is still just a kid. Teasing the girl to reveal her childish side became one of Tiffany’s best motivations to come to school.

Back to the present state of mind, Tiffany heaved a sigh remembering that all her friends are out to have fun.

Since they just completed an exam, Jessica and her other friends had already left, as usual to do their silly after school things. Post Exam Celebration, they called it and they had a celebration for just about any occasion. Tiffany sighed, how she wish she could be as smart as them and take extra time off, no matter how little free time it was. She was the last one in the classroom to leave due to her dedicated habit - to write a summary of what she need to study at the end of every class.

She walked down the empty corridors; it was rather peaceful. Everything was silent, aside from some chatter coming from study rooms and the library. She was about to enter the library when she heard chatter down the hallway that sounded like her friends. However, before she was going to walk up to them, she heard something concerning.

“…let’s get her! How dare she go against us!” Hyoyeon exclaimed out loud.

Are they pulling a prank? Tiffany thought, eavesdropping on her friends.

“Shhh, Hyo you are going to inform the whole school!” Yuri put her index finger to , shushing the girl.

“It’s about time she is taught a lesson.” Jessica said with an evil smirk.

Tiffany thought something fishy must be going on, so she followed after the group. She remembered when they used to play with certain other students, but they were just playing. But when Jessica said that sentence, she seemed serious about it, like she wanted that girl to suffer. Tiffany knows that tone because Jessica used to do that to her servants at home when Tiffany visited her house. If the servants managed to get on her nerves, Jessica would plot against them. That made all the servants at her mansion scared of her, but at least she stopped doing that as she grew older.

From a distance she could see that they were trying to follow someone walking alone not far from them in front.

 

Are they trying to pull a prank o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter