Chapter 27 - Start of Something New and Something Bad

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
As they walked down the hallways towards the exit, Tiffany saw a glimpse of Jessica waiting for her ride outside the school doors. She glanced at Taeyeon and asked her to stay where she is.

“Hey, Jess!” Tiffany shouted to get Jess’s attention.

Jessica was leaning against a pillar when she turned towards the voice. She can’t help but smile at Tiffany despite that they have been on bad terms lately.

“What’s up? You are not staying at the library today?”

“Nope, I am just going to go home and relax for once. I studied the whole week.” Tiffany answered.

“Can you believe it? Just in two more months, we will be done high school.”

“I know, right? I should be excited, but at the same time, I am so stressed. What if I am not smart enough? I study longer than all of you, yet I still can’t catch up.”

Jessica stood up straight almost immediately to give her friend a hug. “Tiff, don’t beat yourself so hard, ok? You always manage to do well. Even if it’s not the highest. Your personality makes up for it.”

Tiffany returned the hug instinctively. “I know. I know. I just keep on thinking what-ifs.”  

The two caught up a bit more before Tiffany decided to ask about what was on her mind.

“By the way, can I ask something?”

“Mmm yeah.”

“It’s about Taeyoon….”

Jessica loosens her hug and takes one step back at the mention of the name. A name she had been trying to avoid. She stayed silent but didn’t move to show that she is listening.

“She had a split lip and red cheeks yesterday…I was wondering if you.”

Jessica cuts her off with a loud scoff. “Right. Of course, you come here because of that.”

“I am just asking….”

“What? If I hit her? Let me guess, I am the first person you asked?”

Tiffany frowned at that, feeling a bit guilty. “It’s not like that. We have been friends for years. I know you wouldn’t just hit someone.”

“Yet every time something involves that midget, you accuse me. No matter how much I try to prove that she’s fake, you will believe her. Doesn’t matter if I am right or wrong; you will still believe her.”

“I know Tae has flaws, and she doesn’t seem like the most approachable girl here. But, if you get to know her a bit, then we can all be friends.” This ain’t going well. Tiffany feels like she’s repeating herself again.

“All be friends? Don’t give me that bull. And I know you knew about those index cards!” Jessica said. She could not believe the words coming out of . Before this, she had never used curse words in front of Tiffany.

Baffled, Tiffany hesitantly admitted that she knew about them.

“And yet you didn’t tell me.”

“I thought they would help you.” Tiffany retorted, but she knows that it was a vain effort. She is slowly losing this argument.

“Help me? Do I need help!? So, you are pitying me too?” Jessica had a look of betrayal on her face. “We used to be so close, Tiff. You know what type of person I am, but you still chose to be on her side. You changed.”

Just then, Jessica’s driver arrived and waited beside the car. Tiffany tried again to have Jessica and Taeyeon talk it out, but the former refused. To Tiffany’s dismay, Jessica also told her that she had given up pursuing her dream career thanks to their meddling. In addition, she had also left any clubs associated with music. Jessica went soon after that before Tiffany could say anything further.

------

“TaeTae,” Tiffany called out to her, lying on the other side of the bed. She promised to hang with the shorty tonight, and she wants to get her mind off things.

“What are your thoughts on boys?” Tiffany asked when the shorty put her phone aside.

“Boys?” Taeyeon wondered what she wanted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter