Chapter 28 - Unwanted Memories

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Taeyeon looked at the clock, and it was already 30 minutes into lunch. And Tiffany is still not getting it right.

“It’s been a week since we started this topic, and you still can’t get it right!”

Tiffany frowned. “I am sorry. I promise I will get it next time. Can you please explain it again?”

“I explained like 500 times. You aren’t even reading the problem. Here the rate is given by the function ‘f’ then we know that the integral will solve what?”

“I don’t know, the time difference?”

“What about the time difference? What changes?”

“Sorry. Let’s go over it again.”

Taeyeon groaned for the 5th time during lunch. She didn’t know why she agreed to tutor Tiffany while she is eating.

“No. Let’s take a break and go outside.” She suggested, or she fears that she will lose her patience again.

 

The three friends walked together towards the playing field. Taeyeon chose to walk in front to relax a bit. Sunny picked this time to have a talk with her about Tiffany.

“Do you want me to teach her instead?” Sunny suggested.

“No. I can do it. I just need some fresh air.”

“I mean, I have been pretty successful teaching her in the past.” Sunny teased.

“No, no, no, I can help her.”

“It’s faster if I teach her. She probably won't mind….”

“I said I will teach her!” Taeyeon replied agitatedly, there is no way she will let Sunny retake the spotlight.

“aww, are you jealous?”

“Jealous? It’s not like you are smarter than me.”

“You know what I meant!” Sunny said playfully, making the girl beside her roll her eyes. “You know it takes a lot of effort for Tiffany to understand new concepts, especially math. You need to be a bit more patient with her.”

“I am already patient with her. But she doesn’t listen to me.”

“You need to give her time to digest what you taught her. You can’t just say step after step and expect her to understand immediately.”

“But I can understand it. It’s so straightforward.”

“Taeyoon, helping others is not just about pouring everything you know onto them. You have to take the time to understand their problem first.”

“If you are so pro, then what’s her problem??”

“Yes. Her issue isn’t about the word problem. You need to teach her what integrals are first. If she doesn’t even know what integrals are and why they are used, you can tell her to use it 100x, and it wouldn’t make sense to her.”

Taeyeon scoffed. "I guess."

“You know Tiffany likes you a lot.” Sunny remarked.

“Mmm.” Taeyeon hummed and smiled at the statement because she has been dealing with a flirty Tiffany for a while. It felt strange to her because she doesn’t know how to reciprocate feelings, but it felt nice to have her eye-smiling friend’s attention.

“So, you know?” Sunny said; her expression was nothing short of an amused one. “When are you going to ask her out? Or has she asked you out already?”

Ask her out? Ask me out? Taeyeon thought about being in a relationship with a girl. She had never even thought of dating before. Or even knew the meaning of it. She knows that she feels something different towards Tiffany, but she always overthinks about her when that happens.

“Taeyoon! Yo, Taeyoon! Are you okay?” Sunny waved her hands in front of her face. “Your eyes are red again!”

“I am ok. I just need to rub my eyes for a bit.” Taeyeon finally responded. Her hands tried to rub her eyes free of tears.

“Aww, are you really ok? Are you getting a bit emotional because you realize that she loves you?” Sunny teased.

Taeyeon tried taking deep breaths. Only if it was simple as being emotional. She doesn’t even know what’s going on inside her head. It’s like it’s trying to remind her of something or warn her. It’s like it’s blocking a feeling. The pain in her head never went away. It happens whenever she felt…no, isn’t love supposed to be a nice feeling? Then, why does it hurt so much?

“Sunny,” Taeyeon said once she gained back her mind from her throbbing headache. “I am not sure if I deserve to be in a relationship with her. I am just not too sure about this whole…relationship thing…I just don’t know. I have always been fine alone, and I am used to it. Plus, I don’t know why, but my head hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter