Chapter 21 - Her Reason

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: Sorry for long pause between updates, writing the final few chapters is hard. Never had I ever thought creative writing is this hard xD. Kudos to the writers on here ~

Thanks for reading.

“Congratulations!”

“Yea! We should celebrate!”

Yuri and Hyoyeon cheered Jessica on getting her first perfect score on her midterm.

“Ya Yuri! This is all thanks to you! You helped me so much this semester.” Jessica hooked her arms around Yuri’s.

“Me? What did I do?” The tall girl pointed her finger at herself.

Jess gave her a beautiful smile that she knows Yuri likes to see. “I know you have been secretly helping me, although we are now in different classes.”

“I have?” says Yuri, mystified.

“Mhm. You have always been by my side. I am so happy, and now finally I am on top!”

Yuri blushed and muttered out, “I guess I have.”

“Taeyoon is now at the bottom too. It’s like too good to be true.”

“So, are we still going to mess with them?” asked Hyoyeon.

“Nah, just looking at her makes me upset. Hey, I know my dad has some alcohol hidden in the storage somewhere. We should celebrate!”

The friends cheered at that idea and went on their way home.

------

 

Sun seemed a lot brighter after all is forgiven. As promised, Taeyeon followed Tiffany’s advice and apologized to Sunny. She told Sunny more about herself, how she is not used to having friends and how she doesn’t know how to make an effort. Ever since she could remember, she only had one other person she would usually talk to, and that was Yoona. And it took a while for her to get used to Tiffany.

“But I met you first!” Sunny retorted.

Taeyeon looked at her as if caught off guard. She met Sunny first, so all she could respond to Sunny was a half-open mouth, completely speechless.

Sunny chuckled. “I am just teasing.”

“You are evil.”

“Nope. I know you are just whipped for Tiffany.”

“Whipped?” asked Taeyeon.

“Yup. You are crazily in love with her. That’s why you follow her around like a lost puppy.”

“No, I don’t!”

“Yes, you do!”

“No such thing!”

“Yes, such thing!”

“Never!”

This time Tiffany joined in, “Yah! What’s wrong with following me around!? I thought you liked me!”

Tiffany’s last statement made Taeyeon smile inwardly because she did like her. She liked when the girl graced her with her famous eye smile or simply by sitting by her side. She, especially, likes when they have sleepovers, and she can hug the beautiful girl to sleep. Although it’s a rare chance that the girl lets her due to the warming weather. Maybe her lustful (or erted) mind likes it a bit too much, which makes her question things. Does she like Tiffany just because she is pretty and offers her warmth, or does she genuinely love her? Why is she even asking that?

What the . Taeyeon thought, now her mind is tangled up with unanswerable questions again. Can there be love without lust? How do you love someone if you can’t get by them?

Then she felt her head throbbing again, just like the two previous times. She hates how everything else feels straightforward to her, except her feelings towards other human beings. No, make those feelings about herself too. It just makes her anxious.

Her feelings are very confusing and occasionally contradicting. For that reason, she kept mum about her personal feelings. Apparently, when she thinks about her own feelings for Tiffany, she either starts to overthink, or her head will hurt very bad. A mystifying reaction indeed; aren’t people supposed to feel good when they like someone?

She tried to think about Sunny in the same light, but she felt nothing. Sunny is a good company, and now she is learning to treasure her, but that’s that. No confusing thoughts to overthink about.

“Hey, Sunny. Then why you stayed mad at me if you knew I was in love with Tiffany?”

“To be honest, I wasn’t too sure myself. I just thought I was causing more trouble, and then you seem like you didn’t care if I was there or not anyway.”

Taeyeon mouthed an oh and looked at Tiffany for suggestions on what she should say next. But to her dismay, she only received an expecting look that tells her that she is on her own. Lucky for her, her last question saved her. Or did it pull her out of one fiery pit and throw her into another one?

“HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!” Sunny realizes something and looked at her more amusingly, “did you just admit that you are in love with Tiffany?”

That sure made Taeyeon choke on her own saliva, and Tiffany reaching out for her water bottle.

“AWWW, now you two are sharing water bottles!”

Tiffany glared at her. “Yah! Stop joking around! Can’t you see she’s choking here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter