Chapter 8

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that afternoon spent with Suga, you felt like you understood the male a lot more than you think you did. The boys all had their unique personalities that just naturally drew people in. You hummed as you headed down the path to go to the bus stop.

“(y/n)! (y/n)! Save me!” J-Hope ran to you. 

“Huh?” You blinked, turning to see the boy running towards you. He immediately ducked behind you, grabbing you to shield him. 

“Jungkookie!” J-Hope pointed to the muscular boy with a bunny smile running towards you. He chased J-hope around you, succeeding in jumping on his back to tackle him. J-hope choked. 

“Be careful.” RM grabbed your wrist, pulling you away from the two boys that were about to knock you down with their playing. 

“Thank you.” You smiled gratefully and he patted your head. 

“Seokjin, here. Thanks again for lending it to me.” You took his washed denim jacket out of your bag and handed it to him. He smiled and nodded his head, receiving the folded clothing and putting it into his own backpack. The others looked on at the exchange, even the two that were roughhousing also stopped, to see what was going on. 

“I washed it! Don’t worry.” You added. 

“It’s alright, (y/n). Thanks.” He chuckled. Meanwhile, you didn’t know that the wolves were having a mental interrogation with their oldest. 

“What the hell was that?!” V growled. 

“I lent her my jacket and forgot to take it back. So she is returning it to me now. That’s it.” Seokjin scoffed. 

“Yeah, hyung. You just casually forgot to take your jacket back from her. So she could wash it and it would smell like her. You sneak! We know what you’re up to!” Jungkook accused. 

“You guys are crazy. If you want, maybe try winning the next time we play rock, paper, scissors.” Seokjin teased and the others all growled at him. 

“Guys? The bus is here.” Your voice pulled them out of their trance. They shook their heads to break the mind link and nodded, following you up the bus. All of you tapped your cards and took your seats. Jimin took the seat beside you while the rest were kind of spread out. 

“So, what did you do during your weekend?” Jimin asked. 

“Well, Sunday was spent doing chores and cleaning the house. I worked on Saturday then studied a bit.” You cast a glance over to Suga, who was just staring outside the window. 

“What did you guys do?” 

“Not much. We stayed in the house as we normally do.” Jimin chuckled. 

“Wow, Chim. Way to make us sound like lazy people that just lie around and do nothing.” Suga scowled. Of course, he was hearing the conversation. Everyone else was. 

“That’s good. Rest is the most important.” You giggled. When the bus stopped, the boys let you get off first. 

Ever since you started being around the boys, the other students stopped messing with you so much, except Kira. The male students that would disturb you stopped, afraid of the wrath from the 7 boys. Kira and her team of girls were just jealous that the 7 boys decided to hang around you instead of them. She prided herself as being the prettiest in school. 

“.” Kira rolled her eyes as she watched you enter with the others. You ignored her remarks. 

“Someone needs to put that girl in her place.” Jungkook frowned. 

“(y/n) wouldn’t like that. We should think of her feelings first.” Jimin stopped the younger alpha from acting irrationally. After what happened last time, the boys made sure to follow you to your locker. 

“Are you working today?” J-Hope asked. 

“Yeah. But I’m not working tomorrow so I may bake. You guys can come over, if you’d like.” You said as you arranged your locker. 

“We would love to.” RM smiled. 

“Awesome.” You returned the gesture and shut your locker. When you all entered class, the other students still stared at you like they usually do. As someone they viewed as the ‘loser’ and ‘forever alone’, they all wondered how you got the attention of the 7 new students so easily. 

“Does the staring creep you out?” V leaned in to whisper to you. 

“Used to. But not anymore. I don’t care.” You shook your head with a chuckle. V smiled fondly at you. 

Soon, the conversation was cut when the teacher came in and you focused on the board. The mid year tests were coming up and you wanted to make sure that you had all the resources that you needed. 

“Do you have the exam schedule?” V asked. 

“I do.” You took your planner out and flipped to the page with all the highlighted dates, sliding it to him. 

“Hmm, thanks.” He closed it, handing it back to you. You nodded and put it under your pencil case. V felt like he could watch you study forever. The way you would frown slightly when a problem was too hard or how you would chew on your bottom lip when you were focused. It was the little gestures like these that he found so adorable. 

“Class dismissed.” The teacher left when it was lunch time. The boys followed you to the place out back. That had become a regular place for all of you to just talk while you enjoyed your lunches alone. 

“Oh, hey. I hope you don’t mind sharing the space.” You froze when you saw Kira and her friends there, in your exact spot, under the tree. 

“What…?” Suga frowned. 

“Come join us, oppas.” Kira smiled and waved. 

“We’re not your oppas. Stop don’t call us that.” Seokjin crossed his arms. You turned around and walked away while the boys were too busy glaring holes into Kira’s head. 

“That’s not cool.” Jungkook shook his head. Kira shrugged and sat back down. She turned to her friend and smirked. 

“Wait, where’s (y/n)?” Jimin asked. The 7 boys turned around to find you missing. All 7 of them could feel a faint ache in their chest. They knew that it came from you, you were feeling upset. RM grabbed his pack and pulled them away. They had to find you. 

You walked through the book shelves. Your uneaten lunch still in your lunch box. After what happened with Kira, you just didn’t have the appetite to eat anymore. You let out a sigh, that girl seriously needed something else to do. 

“Hey, new book.” You smiled and grabbed the book down from the shelf. Turning it over, you read the back. 

“That’s a good one. You should borrow it.” Someone spoke from beside you, making you jump. 

“We were looking for you.” RM whispered. You nodded your head and tucked the book under your arm with the intention of borrowing it on the way out later.

“Sorry about just leaving like that. I just wasn’t in the mood to fight Kira. Anyway, I over reacted. It’s just a lunch place, nothing special. She can have it.” You shook your head. RM surprised you by holding your chin, lifting your head up to face him. You blushed at the contact. His eyes were filled with warmth and understanding. 

“You didn’t over react. It’s alright.” He assured. 

“It’s just… that has been my quiet place since I’ve come to this school. It’s the only place that I don’t need to deal with students trying to make me their joke.” You sighed. 

“I understand.” He let go of your chin and your head. You felt your heart pound against your chest at the contact. 

“Thank you, RM.” You smiled.

“I found her. She’s okay.” RM told his brothers. 

“Where are you guys? We’re coming!” V asked. For once, RM decided to ignore his brothers, him wanting to spend some alone time with you, talking about things the both of you enjoyed. Books. 

“Namjoon! Don’t ignore us!” Seokjin came through.

“He’s hogging her!” J-Hope accused. RM decided to just block his brothers. If they really want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter