Chapter 6

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

((Their stage names and real names are used interchangeably here. Hope it isn’t too confusing!))

V entered class, ignoring all the girls that were fawning over him in the hallway. Mortal women were so easily drawn by looks that it annoyed him. When his eyes fell on you, his desk mate, a smile appeared on his face. 

“Good morning!” He greeted with his boxy smile as he sat down, making the other girls scoff in jealousy. 

“Hey.” You straightened up. 

“How was your weekend?” He asked and your mood darkened at the memory of the wolves leaving. V noticed this and mentally scolded himself for asking you when he already knew what happened. 

“Didn’t do much. What about you?” You lied with a forced smile. 

“Oh, my brothers and I finalised the move into our permanent house so it’s just been moving around and unpacking all the boxes to settle in. It has been really tiring but we’re always excited to move into a new place.” V rambled and you nodded your head with a congratulatory smile. 

Having a good look at V’s face, you noticed something that was never really apparent to you until you realised it. 

V was one of the boys in the dream you had about the wolves as humans. He was the human version of Taehyung. You have officially gone insane, how could you have dreamt of your friend as your wolf? 

“Well, V, are your brothers attending school too?” You changed the subject. 

“Yeah. I’m usually the scout first, which is why I came alone. But now that we’ve officially moved in, they’re coming today.” V explained. 

“Class, we have some new students.” You didn’t even notice that the teacher had come in. You turned to face the front and your eyes widened, your jaw dropping slightly. 

It was them, the 6 other boys from your dream. How could it be? You were in disbelief, you were sure you have never seen them before in real life and yet, they were here, standing in front of you as real humans. In your dream, they were just the human versions of your wolves. To be sure you weren’t dreaming, you blinked and rubbed your eyes. 

“I’m RM.” 

“Suga.”

“I’m J-Hope!”

“Hello, I’m Seokjin.” 

“Jimin.” 

“Jungkook.” 

You let out a sigh of relief when they mostly had different names. Obviously, it wasn’t their real name like how V’s name is definitely a fake name. You subtly side eyed V, who gave the boys a little wave. They were his brothers. 

“Are they your brothers?” You whispered. 

“Mhmm.” He hummed. 

“(y/n).” Their vision all zeroed in on you but you were too busy mentally freaking out to notice. The teacher assigned them their seats. Two were in front of you and V, two were beside V and the last two were diagonally in front. It was like you were literally backed into a corner. 

The pale boy in front of you, that was Yoongi. The white wolf. And the one next to him was Jimin, the boys who complained about bland chicken.

“Sorry.” You frowned and stood up, excusing yourself to go to the bathroom. As you closed your eyes and leaned against the stall door. Why was your heart suddenly racing? 

“Did we scare her? She looked so overwhelmed.” Jungkook thought. Maybe the boys all coming at once was too much. 

“Poor (y/n). She looked scared too.” Jimin whimpered. 

“Let’s just take it slow, don’t come on too strong or force her to do anything. It’s probably because she remembered our faces from her dreams.” Namjoon said and the rest nodded. 

You managed to calm yourself down in the bathroom for a few minutes and come back to class. You sat down with a slightly bow of your head and tried to ignore the boys that were sitting around you as you paid attention to the teacher, taking notes down. V side eyed you and smiled softly to himself. You were just so special. 

When lunch came around, you grabbed your bag and got ready to leave class with V trailing behind you. 

“Umm… Why don’t you join your brothers? It wouldn’t be nice to leave them on their first day.” You told V, fiddling with the strap of your bag. V felt hurt as he gave you a crestfallen look. 

“We don’t mind joining you, if that’s okay with you of course.” RM slung his arm around V’s shoulders. You bit your bottom lip.

“You guys should see the school and mingle with other students… I’ll see you after lunch.” You quickly excused at the end and sped walked away. 

“(y/n)! Wait.” V whimpered. 

“She eats alone?” Yoongi asked. V nodded. Well, you haven’t really been eating alone. V has been joining you every day ever since he came to the school. 

“Should we find her?” Hoseok suggested. 

“No, let’s just let her have her space. We may scare her off.” Jin said and they walked the other way. 

You let out a sigh and sat down. You felt bad for turning them away when they were trying to be nice to you but you were used to being alone and the 7 of them altogether was just too overwhelming. For some reason, you just couldn’t get rid of the image of V’s crestfallen expression from your head.

“Maybe this is why you don’t have friends.” You scolded yourself. It felt quiet without V and his random conversations. You have grown used to it after he had been eating with you. 

After school, you were able to go home before work started. You had gotten a new, better paying job as a barista at local, hipster cafe. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Coming!” You were just about to leave the house. 

“Hello- Oh! V?” You nearly jumped back when you saw V and one of his brothers, Jimin, standing at your door step. You weren’t expecting to see them here. 

“(y/n)?! You’re our new neighbour?!” V gasped. That’s when you remembered that you saw moving trucks the other day. Were V and his brothers your new neighbours? That was almost too coincidental but you were kind of glad that they were at least your age and people you kind of knew. You gave a small smile and nodded. 

“We actually came over to ask if our new neighbour would like to come over for dinner. We didn’t know it was going to be you.” Jimin laughed. 

“Right… I’m actually working though. Got a new job.” You said, more to Taehyung. Taehyung knew you worked at a barbecue restaurant, you had told him during one of your lunch talks. 

“You got a new job? Congratulations!” V suddenly pulled you in for a hug, making you choke. 

“T-Thanks.” You blushed. 

“When’s your next day off? We would love to have to you over, we can celebrate you getting a new job too!” V exclaimed excitedly and his brother nodded in agreement. You couldn’t help but laugh. 

“Ah, there’s no need for that. I wouldn’t want to be a bother.” You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly. You saw the sad looks they gave you and felt bad. You were rejecting them twice in a day and you knew that wasn’t very nice of you when they were trying to be friendly. 

“My next off day is on Friday.” You said softly. 

“Alright! We’ll see you Friday! Have a great day and all the best for your new job!” Taehyung clapped. 

“Thank you.” You smiled and they ran off. You chuckled and shook your head. They were so full of energy that the two together reminded you of Jimin and Taehyung. You went to the bus stop to take the bus into town. 

“She’s coming on Friday!” The two wolves entered the house. 

“She actually agreed?” Yoongi as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter