Chapter 12

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kookie.” You chuckled as you tried to reach to get something from the shelf but Jungkook had his arms around you. The 8 of you were going grocery shopping to stock up both your houses. With their ruts coming the next day and lasting the whole week, the boys wanted to stay home as much as possible. 

“I’m trying to help.” He lied and took the item for you, placing it into your cart. You rolled your eyes, totally unconvinced.

“I can still get groceries for you guys.” You chuckled as you saw Yoongi piling their cart with big bags of kimchi, as if they were going hibernating for the winter. Namjoon put two bags of rice in for them as well. 

“It’s okay.” Hoseok patted your head. 

“I’m your mate, aren’t I? Let me take care of you guys too.” You scrunched your nose at them.

“She really takes this mate thing seriously.” Jimin smiled, reaching over to pinch your cheek lightly, to which you slapped his hand away. They all adored the way you would call them your mates or call yourself their mate. Taehyung grabbed multiple bags of snacks, throwing them in. You shook your head, continuing to pick out fruit for yourself and them. 

“Great! This means there won’t be anyone to steal my fruit anymore.” You smiled in victory. 

“Aww, if you’re gonna miss us, just say it.” Jin teased and you glared at them. You are always vocal about how much you didn’t like them stealing your food. Taehyung leaned in to give you a peck on the cheek. 

“W-What was that for?” You choked. 

“You’re cute.” He stated, looking at you through his long, curly fringe. Your cheeks burned as you busied yourself with the dried pasta on the shelves.

“Is our mate shy from Tae’s kiss?” Hoseok teased.

“N-No!” You quickly took the cart and pushed it into the other aisle. You picked up some bread as well to stock your own house. The plan was to spend the week studying. You, too, didn’t want to go out unless it was to see the boys or go to work. 

“Need some help?” You saw Yoongi standing in front of the meat refrigerator, in deep thought. He was largely involved in meal planning for the pack so he always needed to think of how many portions to buy. 

“Shall we do lamb skewers tonight?” He turned to you, holding the pack of skewered lamb up. 

“I can come for dinner tonight?” You tilted your head. 

“Of course, is that even a question? You’re always invited over for dinner. I thought that was already established.” He raised an eyebrow with a small smile. You wrapped an arm around him.

“Thank you.” You smiled up at him. He rolled his eyes but leaned in to kiss the top of your head. Still, he decided to get some lamb skewers and steak to grill. You got some lettuce for wraps and all the sauces that the boys usually enjoyed with meat. Soon, another arm wrapped itself around your waist and the both of you turned to see Jin. 

“Don’t mind me.” He said nonchalantly, seeing if there was any extra meat that he wanted, while keeping his hold on you. When he saw nothing interesting, he shrugged and walked away. You picked up some chicken. 

“Chim! Chim!” You ran to him giggling. 

“You eat it! You love it so much!” Jimin ran away laughing while you continued to chase him. 

“You guys love to steal my food, don’t you? Why don’t we share this?” You jabbed his side. Jungkook wrapped his arms around your neck from the back, leaning his weight on you. 

“It’s not stealing, (y/n). It’s sharing.” 

“Right.” You rolled your eyes. Once everyone was done, you headed to check out. The younger ones stuck with you to help you carry your things while the older ones sorted out their house’s cart. You took your card out to pay when Taehyung stopped you, taking out his card. 

“Hey, don’t pay for me. I can pay for it myself.” You frowned. 

“It’s okay.” Taehyung shook his head. The cashier smiled flirtatiously at the boys, touching Taehyung’s hand as she took his card. You didn’t like that they were paying for your things. 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” She asked Taehyung. Taehyung nodded, pointing his thumb at you. 

“Before you ask, we have a girlfriend too.” Jimin read the girl’s mind. She blushed but sent you a dirty look. You rolled your eyes, not really caring. 

“Let’s go.” You mumbled and headed out with them. As you all took the bus back, you sat quietly in the corner. Of course, the boys knew that you were upset. The older ones turned to the younger 3, before nodding over to you, who was staring out the window, unaware of the mental conversation that the 7 boys were having. 

“What happened? She’s upset.” Namjoon asked. 

“There was this flirtatious cashier that was asking if Tae had a girlfriend. Then she moved onto me and Kookie.” Jimin explained. 

“That made her upset?” Yoongi was a little surprised. You didn’t seem like someone who got upset about trivial things like these. But maybe because you took this mate thing seriously…

“Nothing else happened before that.” Jungkook said.

The bus stopped and you got off wordlessly. The boys were quick to get off as well. They followed you to your house first and dropped the things off for you but unlike any other time, you didn’t invite them in. That was a clear sign that something was really bothering you. 

“I’ll see you tonight.” You said and closed the door. The boys all blinked in confusion. 

“There’s something else bothering her.” Hoseok stared back at your closed door before leaving with the others to go home. Hoseok was right, you weren’t upset about the cashier. 

In fact, you couldn’t care less. 

You just didn’t like that the boys paid for your groceries. You knew they had mate instincts to protect you, care for you and provide for you. But you were independent and didn’t really like the fact that they never let you pay for anything. Almost as if they thought you couldn’t afford to. Your grandfather brought you up to be independent and provide for yourself. 

“They’re just being nice.” You scolded yourself for being so sour and sensitive over it before going to take a shower. 

*DING DONG*

“Coming.” You went to answer the door.

“Hi Hobi. You’re early.” You gave a small smile and hugged him. Hoseok smiled and wrapped his arms around you, patting your head. 

“I’m still getting ready. Come on in. Help yourself to the drink fridge.” You said and ran upstairs. Hoseok chuckled, removing his shoes and letting himself in. He sat down in the living room to wait. 

“Ready.” You came down. 

“Beautiful.” Hoseok kissed your cheek, making you blush. He helped with turning off your lights as you slung your bag over your shoulder and headed out with him. After you locked the door, you started the walk to the boys’ house with Hoseok. 

“Are you okay?” Hoseok asked. 

“I am. Why do you ask?” You looked at him. Hoseok held your hand, lacing his fingers with yours and swinging it gently. 

“You were upset earlier.” 

“I’m sorry. It was just a small thing, I over reacted.” You sighed. 

“Don’t apologise for being upset. And I don’t think you’re one to over react, that’s not you. The maknaes think that you’re upset because of the flirty cashier but I know there’s more to that.” Hoseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter