Chapter 3

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jimin. Would you like some fruit?” You asked as you packed your bag full of food. Jimin barked, wagging his tail. Honestly, he wasn’t even crazy about food but the fact that he could share something with you excited him.

“Alright, someone loves his fruit.” You snorted and packed bananas, grapes, apples and a small knife inside your bag. You made sure all the food containers were securely closer and you filled up two water bottles with cold water, one for you and one for Jimin. 

“Ready?” You smoothed down the skirt of your sundress. 

“Yes!” Jimin jumped. You laughed and patted his head. Jimin walked slightly ahead of you out of pure excitement. He led you to a spot right by the lake. 

“Here?” You took the blanket out of your bag and laid it down. To weigh it down, you put the food containers out. Jimin also sat his down on one corner to help you. 

“I got it bubba.” You winked and placed a container down. Jimin almost smiled in satisfaction and moved closer to you. 

“Thankfully the weather is perfect today.” You hummed. 

Jimin sat beside you, panting as he stared out into the lake. You ate your chicken sandwich while you put out some beef mince mixed with rice for him. You stopped eating when you heard him gobbling out the food and burying his entire face into the container beside you. When you laughed, he looked up at you, blinking in confusion.

“You’re so messy, Jimin.” Reaching out, you removed the rice grains that stuck to his nose. 

He shook his head, snorting while you moved away in laughter. You continued eating your sandwich while he finished his own food and was even the bowl clean. 

“Slow down, bub.” You his head. He huffed at the sight of his now empty bowl but started eyeing his sandwich. 

“Hey, hey. No eyeing. This is mine.” You held your sandwich away. 

“No! Jimin! No!” You laughed as he put a paw in your lap to give him some leverage. He stood over you, his large weight and body making you fall back onto your back. You squealed as Jimin leaned down to eat the sandwich out of your hand. 

“No!” You shouted. Jimin moved back to his spot as you watched him eat the rest of your sandwich. You glared at him. 

“Yah! How dare you!” You slapped him repeatedly. Jimin just ate your food until all that was left where the breadcrumbs on the mat. He looked at you and you crossed your arms. 

“I’m not talking to you.” You scoffed, turning away as you ate some fruit. 

*Whimper*

Jimin came behind you and you felt him put a paw against your back. You continued to ignore him but a small smile was on your face. Jimin continued to whine and whimper for your attention. Then you felt him rest his head on your shoulder, his fur against your ear and his damp nose touching your cheek lightly. His whines and whimpers got louder. 

“Excuse me, personal space.” You ducked out from under him. His ears folded down and he pawed you gently. 

“Alright! Alright! Geez. Here.” You broke half of the banana you were eating and held it out. Jimin’s ears perked up as he gently it up from your hand, chewing happily. 

“I wish we could stay here forever.” You threw an arm around his neck and leaned against him. 

“Her hugs always feel good.” Jimin closed his eyes.

“You know, I haven’t been here in a while because the last time I came here was with my granddad. The tide was high and he taught me to skip stones. When he passed away, I tried coming again but it felt lonely to just sit here alone.” Tears pooled in your eyes. 

“Don’t cry, (y/n).” Jimin turned to you with soft eyes. He gave a low whine and nudged you with his nose gently. 

“But now, I have you.” You leaned in to kiss his muzzle. He your cheek lightly and you smiled, ruffling his fur. You stood up and walked to the edge of the lake. Jimin walked over and stood by your side. 

The wind blew against your form, lightly pushing your hair back. Jimin looked up at you and your beauty. 

“Y-You…” Jimin was stunned. You looked down at Jimin, tilting your head in confusion as he just continued to stare at you. Jimin opened his mouth but couldn’t speak.

“Y-You’re my m- OOF!” Jimin was suddenly tackled by something. You screamed in shock, backing away in fear. 

“J-Jimin!” You screamed in horror as another wild wolf stood over Jimin. This wolf was bigger and a darker brown with black tips on his ears and tail. 

“JIMINIE!” 

“T-Tae?!” The smaller wolf stared up at his best friend and beta wolf. His mind link was working again! Taehyung gave the same grin that he always had. Jimin turned to see your still shocked and scared expression, pushing Taehyung off him. He bumped his muzzle against Taehyung’s and Taehyung jumped up, putting his front paws around Jimin’s neck playfully. 

“Are you okay?” You asked Jimin. Jimin trotted over to you while Taehyung just stared, his head tilting at you. Jimin put his head under your hand so you could pet him. You smiled softly at him. 

“You… know him?” You bent down in front of him and Jimin let out a bark. 

You tried your best to hide your hurt and sadness with a smile. Of course, you were happy for Jimin to find a pack member but then, that meant you were alone again. 

“C-Congratulations… Jimin.” Your voice shook. Jimin blinked in confusion at your sudden change. What was wrong? 

“I… just remembered that I have some work to do.” You headed back to the picnic mat and bent down to pack everything up into your bag. Taehyung and Jimin stared at you. Jimin didn’t like your sudden coldness. You were giving off such sad emotions. 

“It… It was nice having you around, Jimin. Maybe… I’ll see you again soon.” You turned away before you could cry. 

“W-What…?” Jimin’s jaw hung open in shock as he watched your rushed form head back through the forest. He let out a sad whimper. 

“Who is she?” Taehyung asked. 

“Someone who took care of me and loves me. I need to go, Tae.” Jimin started walking in the direction of where you went to go back to your cabin. Taehyung followed behind him. 

“What about the hyungs and Jungkook?!” Taehyung barked. 

“I…I need to make sure that she’s okay.” Jimin ran to the cabin. Taehyung continued to follow him, not wanting to lose his brother again. Jimin went to the cabin and pawed at the door while he whimpered but you didn’t answer. Taehyung sniffed the area, the house was empty, there was no one inside. The two of them walked away. 

“Maybe she’s just walking.” Taehyung comforted. 

“Let’s go find the hyungs and Jungkook first. Where are they?” Jimin asked. Taehyung led the way. 

“We’ve been hiding in a cave. We’re getting a new house built nearby. They’ll be happy to see you again.” Taehyung jumped over a tree root and Jimin followed. 

“I couldn’t hear any of you through the mind link. But luckily I could see your crystals when I went to the lake.” Jimin said. 

“That’s weird but usually, strong emotions do block the mind link.” Taehyung explained as they came before the entranceway of a cave. As the two wolves entered deeper into the cave, Jimin could hear the familiar squabbling. Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter