Chapter 5

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“(y/n).” Someone called your name and you opened your eyes. You were in the field that you usually relaxed in with the wolves. Looking up, you saw a boy standing there. He had pale skin and jet black hair. 

“W-Who are you?” You asked. He came up to you until there was only a thin space of air between the two of you. You stepped back but he circled an arm around your waist to hold you in place. Suddenly, he pulled you against him to hug you tightly. 

“Umm…” You mumbled, your cheek smushed against his chest. 

“Remember, my fur is the most beautiful.” He whispered in your ear with a dark chuckle that sent shivers down your spine. 

“Y-Yoongi?” Your eyes widened as you stepped back in shock. He pulled away and started running away, leaving you to stand there in the field alone. Was that really Yoongi?

“Wait!” You ran after him. You called out after him but he wouldn’t stop running. All you could hear was his light laughter as you continued to run. 

“Yoongi?” You saw him disappear behind some trees. But when you walked over, all you saw was a white wolf. 

“Hey…” You bent down, holding your hand out. The wolf stood up and headed over to you. He sniffed your hand and it gently, leaning his cheek against your palm. You smiled softly as you felt his soft fur tickle against your skin. There was more howling behind you and you turned around, standing back up. You faced the 6 wolves. 

“What?” There was a sudden blur and in the wolves place, you saw 6 boys standing there. You backed away and bumped into someone’s chest. When you turned around to apologise, it was the pale boy from before. 

“Are you really… Yoongi?” You asked in disbelief. He held your hand in his, putting it against his cheek. 

“What’s going on?” You faced the others. It was the same boy as your other dream, the human form of Jimin that teased you about chicken. 

“You’ll be fine.” He spoke, smiling softly. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Your eyes shot open and you sat up, reaching over to turn your alarm off. The wolves were not in your room. You headed downstairs and found them already awake, mostly just lounging around. Yawning, you went to wash up before going back down to make breakfast. 

“Morning.” You their heads. 

“(y/n)…” Jimin whined. The boys had woken up earlier because today was going to be their last day with you. 

“What’s wrong, Jiminie?” You cooed, leaning to kiss the top of his head. He stepped closer and brushed his head against your thigh, burying his cheek into your skin. 

“I don’t have school today so we can spend the day together.” You bent down, sitting on the couch. The wolves sat around you, Jungkook placed his head on your lap and you ran your fingers through his fur, rubbing his ears. 

“What’s up with you guys?” You looked at them. All of them sent you sad looks and you blinked at them. 

“You hungry? Is that it?” Laughing, you stood up and went to the kitchen to get breakfast ready. It was nice to have a free weekend with no school and work. You made meat for the boys and when they smelled the bacon, they seemed to be back to normal, jumping for your attention so you would give them a taste. You gave them small pieces as a treat. 

“Here.” You placed the bowls down. 

“Guys, don’t make it too obvious. We don’t want to ruin her day. Just let her spend it with us happily.” Namjoon sighed. The rest nodded in agreement. 

“Go ahead.” You sat with them and ate. Of course, Jungkook got rice all over his snout but you were more than willing to clean it for him. 

“You’re so messy Kookie.” You laughed. 

“Is it weird that I dreamt of all of you as humans? Like all 7 of you were in my dreams as human boys.” You suddenly said and the wolves stopped. They subtly side eyed each other at your words. 

“But that’s just me being crazy.” You ruffled Hoseok’s fur with a smile. After eating, you cleaned the area and washed the dishes. You shuffled to the couch, placing your mug of water down and turning on the television. Today was going to be a total relaxed day. 

“Yah! Taehyung!” You saw him stick his entire nose into your mug to drink your water. 

“Ah… It’s yours now. Go ahead.” You scoffed, rolling your eyes. Taehyung gave you a big grin, flashing his canines as he stuck his entire nose into your mug again to drink your water. 

“You guys have your own water, you know?” You nodded over to the metal bowls of water you have set out for them. 

“The water tastes better when I share it with you.” Taehyung grinned, making the others scoff. 

“The weather is still really good. Shall we go for a walk?” You stood up and stretched. The wolves all barked and you laughed, switching the television off and going to change. You tied your hair up into a messy bun and wore your shoes. The wolves led the way while you tried your best to keep up. You knew they were slowing down for you. 

“You guys don’t need to wait for me. I’ll feel bad.” You told them.

“No way are we leaving you alone.” Jin shook his head as he continued to trot beside you.

You all continued hiking and actually made it to the cliff edge. The forest was beneath you and you stared out into the horizon. The wolves sat beside you, the wind blowing their fur back. 

“This feels nice. Like we’re complete.” Jungkook closed his eyes.  

“The view is amazing.” You took a deep breath. You sat down with the wolves around you. Jimin your cheek gently and you giggled.

“My grandfather and I used to go for walks all the time. He loved nature as well and I remember how even as a kid, he would always bring me for long walks to experience nature. I just know that he would have loved to meet all of you.” You sighed happily, thinking of your late grandfather. 

“It was always just the two of us. But now, I have all of you.” You smiled, laying your head on Namjoon’s middle. He sniffed you gently and you kissed his muzzle as you relaxed. 

“And we have you.” Taehyung scooted next to you. 

“I thought that I was just destined to be alone forever. I was always bullied for being alone to the point I felt like I just didn’t need friends.” You continued. 

“You’ll always have us. We’ll never leave you.” Jimin placed his paw on top of your hand, making you chuckle. 

“Then grandpa died so suddenly. All I want to do is graduate high school and support myself properly. You know, live life as much as I can. Ever since you 7 came, I don’t think I’ve ever felt happier.” You kissed Hoseok’s head.

After staying there for a couple of hours relaxing, you all went back to the house. As you entered, the wolves stood outside, looking uneasy. You realised that you were going in alone and turned around to see all of them just standing in the front yard. 

“What…” You stopped when you realised what was going on. The day has come, the one your dreaded. 

“You’re leaving.” You stated. Jimin whined, his head lowering. 

“It’s okay. I guess we knew that you couldn’t stay here forever right? You guys can’t possibly stay here forever- Sorry.” You looked away as your voice cracked. Taking deep breaths, you tried not to cry. 

“Do you guys mind just having dinner with me? We didn’t have lunch and you guys must be hungry.” You requested. The wolves looked at eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter