Chapter 23

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looks like our plan worked.” Your uncle smirked as he held his smoking gun. The princes backed away slowly.

The plan was always to get the rogues to take you and wait for the right time to strike. Once the princes came to find you, the hunters would kill both them and the rogues, eliminating two packs at one go. The boys panted, they were slowly losing their energy but they knew they had to continue fighting.

“Silver bullets and wolfsbane.” Taehyung growled. 

“Be careful, guys.” Yoongi cautioned. 

*growl*

The hunters turned around to see many other wolves there. After all, this was still someone’s territory. Whether packs hated each other or not, all wolves hated hunters. 

“No hunters on our territory.” The leader of the East pack barked. 

“Don’t move or we’ll shoot!” Jongjin held his gun out with a trembling hand. There were just too many wolves in this small place. 

“I’m warning you.” Soobin said. They were outnumbered, there was no way they could win this fight. This wasn’t their fight. The fight was between the rogue pack and the princes now. Namjoon barred his canines, the loud growls of all the wolves sounded throughout the old building. It was almost as if the whole building shook from it. 

BANG!

Minwoo shot the first bullet out of fear, the wolf that got hit with the silver bullet fell back, letting out whimpers of pain. That was the start. All the wolves jumped in, leaping through the air and attacking the humans. 

“That’s for trying to kill our mate!” Jimin bit into your uncle’s arm, his sharp teeth sinking right through the flesh. 

More blood was spilt. Even equipped with silver bullets, the hunters couldn’t win. The 7 princes were thankful that you were unconscious so you didn’t have to watch this. 

“Namjoon! Yoongi! The rogue leader! We got it handled here!” Jin shouted. The two looked at each and nodded, running out the door. Luckily, the leader was injured so not only could he not go far, he left a trail of blood in his wake. Yoongi and Namjoon followed the trail to a cliff edge. 

“How dare you mark our mate?!” Namjoon roared. 

“You don’t deserve to be princes! Mating with a human?!” The leader growled, snapping his teeth. Yoongi saw the crimson tinge in his enemy’s teeth. It was your blood. 

“No one touches her.” Yoongi stalked forward. With one leg already broken by Hoseok, the leader backed away slightly. 

“You can’t win. You will die here. Today.” Namjoon barred his teeth as a menacing growl rumbled from his chest. Right there and then, they were filled with so much rage. They wanted to see him suffer, in pain. 

Your screams of pain would forever haunt them. 

Yoongi attacked first, jumping with his mouth open and sharp teeth exposed. Namjoon took that as a cue and joined his brother. All they saw was red as they were filled with so much rage. The rogue leader’s yelps of pain were heard as he tried to fight off the two alphas but he knew he couldn’t win this fight. They were determined to rip him apart. 

“No!” The leader yelped as Yoongi bit down on his flesh. Namjoon clawed at his face with his paws. 

Yoongi and Namjoon backed away as they stared down at the dead corpse, laying in a pool of his own blood. There was no emotion in their eyes, they were stone cold. 

“It’s over…” Namjoon howled and Yoongi followed suit. The howl of the other boys were heard. Stepping forward, Yoongi put a paw on the mangled body and pushed it over the edge, watching it fall to the ground below with a thud. 

“Our mate needs us.” Yoongi turned to his leader, who nodded. They went back to the factory. 

“The rogues left.” Hoseok informed. The two nodded, looking around at the remains of the hunters’ bodies. 

The very people who shared your blood, the people who called themselves your family and wanted you to join them in eliminating the wolves permanently. The only people that had connection to the two that gave you life. 

“She wouldn’t be mad that they’re dead.” Namjoon looked over to see Jimin whimpering sadly as he crawled under your arm so it would drape over him, just like the first night he met you. He cried softly, letting out soft cries as he placed his head against your thigh. 

“Chim…” Taehyung walked over. But Jimin let out a deep growl, showing his teeth in a warning way. 

“Tae, come.” Jin grabbed Taehyung’s tail, pulling him back gently. Jimin looked away, focusing back on you. Taehyung grew sad as his best friend growled at him. Yelps and cries left Jimin’s lips. 

“She’s okay, hyung. But we need to bring her to the hospital.” Jungkook said cautiously but Jimin let out another growl. He wasn’t going to let someone take you.

“She’s safe now, Chim. But you know as well, that she needs to rest and recover. This isn’t the place for it.” Namjoon spoke. 

The boys heard a car outside and immediately got on guard, facing the door. Even Jimin lifted his head. 

“Boys.” The 14 parents walked through. They all sighed in relief as they relaxed. Trotting over to their parents, the boys were welcomed with hugs and kisses. Except Jimin, who still stayed by your side loyally. He wasn’t going to leave your side anymore and risk someone taking you again. Jimin’s parents headed over carefully. 

“Jiminie?” His mother called but she was met with the same stand-offish attitude that the other boys faced. 

“I know you don’t want to separate from her, baby. But she needs help. We can bring her there and you can stay by her side. Just let us carry her to the car.” She smiled softly. Jimin looked back at your unconscious self. 

“Is that okay?” She asked. Jimin nodded his head. 

“Jungkook?” Jimin’s father looked back to the boy who had shifted back and was slipping a shirt over his head. He headed over and gently lifted you up.

“Let’s go.” Jimin’s mother said.

“Here.” Jungkook laid you down in the seat of one of the vans that the parents drove here. As promised, Jimin climbed in, not wanting to shift back yet, and sat by your side so he could keep an eye on you. 

“Tell us what happened?” Yoongi’s father asked as he drove.

“The rogue leader forcefully marked her. We were in so much pain, we can’t even imagine how she was feeling. It was like she was dying. Before she could lose consciousness, I bit her at the mark where the leader bit her. After that, she was able to calm down and sleep.” Namjoon explained. 

“Alright. It’s good that you acted in time, Joon.” Namjoon’s mother squeezed her son’s hand. 

“I know you are all scared and worried. At least you’re together now. You’re mates, you will get through this together.” Yoongi’s mother comforted. They arrived at the house and Jungkook carried you up the hill. 

“In here.” Jungkook laid you down in Jimin’s room. 

“You can stay, Jimin.” Jin’s father said as he took his medical tools out. Jimin sat by your side.

“Will she wake up soon?” Jimin barked. 

“She should. Her body is very exhausted. Obviously she wasn’t fed and hydrated well. Along with the shock of the forced mating and the strain of the mate bond, her body is almost in sleep mode. I’ll give her some fluids to help but it’s important that she get plenty of rest. Hopefully, Namjoon’s mark would help her as well.” Jin’s father injected the IV into your arm. 

“How is she?” The mothers poked their heads in. Jin’s father chuckled and let them in, packing his supplies. Jimin was about to step on the bed when he mother pulled him back. 

“Nuh uh, you’re having a bath first. We need to change her too.” His mother lectured. Jimin whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter