Chapter 13

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“(y/n)! (y/n)! (y/n)!” There was pounding on your door and you groaned, hiding under the covers. It was the day before the first exam and you wanted to get as much sleep as possible. Today was also the last day of heat/rut week. 

“(y/n)!” The boys continued to knock. Of course, you couldn’t act like you weren’t home. They’re werewolves and with their sense of smell, they knew you were home. Suddenly, you heard footsteps in your room and another body dove under the covers beside you. 

“Intruder!” You nearly screamed but a hand covered your mouth. 

“Relax, it’s just me.” His bunny smile was a dead giveaway. Coming out from under the covers, you slapped Jungkook’s chest as he laughed at your scared reaction. 

“Not funny!” You scolded. 

“I beg to differ.” He snickered and you rolled your eyes, snuggling into your pillow to try and get more sleep. 

“How did you come in anyway?” You yawned.

“Hyungs were too distracted to notice me climbing through the window on the side, which by the way, you should lock that. Intruders could come in and really attack you.” Jungkook said and you scoffed. He was talking about intruders coming in when he was the one that broke into your house. You closed your eyes to fall back asleep. 

“Hey, don’t sleep.” He whined. 

“I’m tired, Koo… I’ve been up studying every night, in between work shifts and chasing wolves away.” You said and Jungkook blushed. 

“Okay. You’ve worked hard, you deserve more sleep, my mate.” He put an arm around you to draw you into his embrace, letting you press your forehead against his chest. 

“You shouldn’t even be here. Your rut isn’t over yet.” You mumbled sleepily. Jungkook remained silent and you lifted your head to get a good look at him. 

“Go home, Koo. Bring your brothers with you.” You distanced yourself. Jungkook let out a low growl as you pulled away from his embrace. There was a cloudy look in his eyes, he was definitely not off his rut. 

“Koo, stop!” You said sternly as he continued growling. 

“Mine.” He said lowly, pulling you closer against him until you were flushed against him. The hand that was on your waist gripped your hip tightly, you were sure that you were going to get a bruise. You couldn’t help the whimper of pain that escaped from you. 

“Jungkook, you’re hurting me…” You felt tears prick your eyes. 

“Jungkook!” The door burst open and Jungkook was ripped away from your grasp. You gasped as you fell back. Luckily, Hoseok was there to catch you before you could fall off the bed. 

“Snap out of it! Do you like seeing our mate hurt?” Yoongi held Jungkook’s collar. Jungkook’s eyes grew soft as he stared at you.

“(y/n), I can’t believe… I…” His chest rose and fell in panic. 

“You were hurting her!” Yoongi shook him. Namjoon had to pull them apart. You stepped out of Hoseok’s embrace and held Jungkook. His rut made him very emotional. He could be angry one second and a crying mess the next. Yoongi was similar in the sense that he was very visibly angry with the world. Jungkook cried in your arms. 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” He repeated. 

“It’s okay, Koo. It’s okay.” You hummed as you rubbed his back. You knew that heats or ruts made them lose control a little and they couldn’t help it. 

“I promised I would never hurt you and I did!” 

“But you didn’t mean it. It’s alright. I know you didn’t purposely do it. Besides, I’m okay, aren’t I? I’m still standing here.” You rubbed his head. Hoseok consoled a sad Jungkook as you hugged the rest. 

“I’ve missed you.” Yoongi and Namjoon were the only ones that stuck to the pack word of ‘keeping a distance’. 

“I missed you too, Alphas.” You giggled and they couldn’t help the growl that rumbled in their chests, hearing you call them ‘Alpha’. 

“Oops, probably not the right time to joke like that, right?” You blushed and Yoongi couldn’t help but shoot you a dirty look. Namjoon cleared his throat, stiffening slightly as he hugged you. You walked all of them to the door with promises of meeting them tomorrow. 

“Study hard for the exam tomorrow!” You shouted as you waved. 

The next day came rather quickly. Your heart raced anxiously as you walked to the bus stop. You were so lost in your worried thoughts that you didn’t even notice your 7 mates. 

“Hello?” Jimin waved his hand in front of you. 

“Huh? Oh! Good morning, boys.” You smiled at them. They could all feel your slightly nervous and negative emotions. 

“Don’t psych yourself out. You will do great, hmm? You worked hard and you aren’t one that is falling behind either. You need to trust yourself, give yourself and your beautiful brain more credit.” Namjoon cupped your cheek, rubbing it with his thumb. You smiled softly, immediately feeling a little calmer from the effect of his words. 

“Thanks, Joonie.” You smiled. 

“At least we’ll all be sitting near one another.” You turned to face all of them and they nodded. Indeed, all the boys had a calming effect on you. 

“You’ll do fine.” Yoongi grasped your hand as you sat beside him on the bus. He gently rubbed the back of it in an effort to calm your nerves. You leaned your head onto his shoulder. 

“Can’t wait to have you over again.” He leaned his head against yours.

“I can’t wait for the exams to be over. It’ll be more relaxing then.” You said and he chuckled in agreement. 

When the bus pulled up, all of you got off. Thankfully, everyone was kind of in their own world when it came to the exam season so you didn’t get bullied as much. And now with the boys always around you, most of your bullies backed off. Well, at least the male bullies did. 

“Wh*re.” Kira scoffed as she walked past you, bumping shoulders with you. You ignored her, far too jittery about the exams to deal with her. 

“Take a deep breath.” Taehyung held your hands in his as he flashed you his signature boxy smile. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. You smiled up at him. 

“This connects us. If you need to feel calm, we’ll feel it.” Jin showed you his pink crystal necklace and you nodded, touching your white one through your shirt, feeling the rock under your fingers. 

“Let’s go.” Namjoon gestured for everyone to enter the classroom. It was time to put whatever you studied with the boys and on your own to use. 

You sat down in your allocated seat and the teacher went around checking the classroom to make sure no one had anything to cheat before she headed to the front. Giving everyone one last look, she began to give out the test papers. You received yours with a slight bow of the head and waited for her to start the timer to begin the exam. 

“You may begin now.” She said and the sound of multiple papers being flipped was heard. 

“Deep breath.” You remembered Taehyung’s words and took a deep breath as you started the first question. 

From their seats, the boys occasionally looked up at you. You were so focused that you didn’t even feel the multiple stares on you. Your eyebrows were creased together in a frown as you bit your bottom lip. 

“She’s so cute even when she’s so serious and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter