Chapter 16

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was a great movie.” You stretched your limbs. It was a typical stay in day with the boys. The weather was gloomy outside so you all settled for a nice movie together. When the credits rolled, they decided it was time for a late lunch, which was going to be kimchi fried rice.

“I can make stir fried pork!” You smiled. 

“Are you sure you can cook? You can relax, you know?” Jin wrapped his arms around your waist. The boys were still cautious over your health since you did suffer from broken ribs and a concussion. 

“I have recovered and am feeling good as new. Please, let me cook?” You asked and Jin nodded his head. 

“If you feel unwell, you can stop any time alright? Or if you need help, just tell any one of us.” Yoongi ruffled your hair and you saluted playfully. 

“Hyung! Make sure you put lots of cheese!” Jungkook reminded loudly. 

“Yeah, yeah.” Yoongi rolled his eyes. Jungkook grinned and slung his arm around your shoulders, nuzzling his cheek against yours lovingly. You giggled as he hair tickled your skin. He pulled away to pour himself some juice from the fridge, offering you a sip. You shook your head as you mixed the sauce in the pan. Jungkook pouted. 

“Why are you rejecting me?” He whined.

“It’s just juice, Koo. But fine.” You gave in, taking a sip. Only then did he give a proud smile, patting your head. He left to go game a little before the food was ready. 

“Need help?” Hoseok came in. 

“Help me get the cooled rice from the cooker.” Yoongi said. 

“I was asking my mate but sure, hyung.” Hoseok gave Yoongi a flat look before grabbing a big bowl and going to get all the rice out. You threw your head back in laughter at their interaction. Hoseok was by your side, reading with two plates for you to put the finished pork dish on. 

“Thanks, Hobi.” You smiled. 

“No problem.” He brought the plates out. Looking over Yoongi’s shoulder, you watched him toss the rice and sprinkle the cheese on top to let it get nice and gooey. Jin did the same with his frying pan. 

“Looks good.” You told them as Jin tasted some to get the seasoning right. Yoongi scooped some of his out, blowing it softly before holding it out to you. 

“Careful, it’s hot.” He cautioned. 

“It’s perfect!” You gave a thumbs up as you chewed. Yoongi chuckled at how adorable you were. You left the kitchen to call everyone else out to eat. The boys all sat in their respective seats and you sat in yours. Everyone dug into the meal happily, having some light chatter here and there. You were just happy to be able to be a part of it. 

“Is there anything else you want to do with the remainder of the holiday?” Namjoon asked you. 

“I don’t really have anything planned. I usually spend holidays alone or working extra shifts. Honestly, this is the first time in a while that I am spending time off with people.” You blushed in embarrassment. 

“It’s okay.” Jimin smiled. 

“Why don’t you guys tell me what you want to do? This is your time off too.” You turned the question on them. 

“Actually, we were thinking of going to visit our parents.” Jin revealed. 

“Oh…” You nodded your head as you listened. Of course, they had their families too. Even if you were their mate, they were still sons to wonderful people and had their duty to visit them from time to time. You mentally convinced yourself that you would be fine with them leaving to visit their families. 

“What do you say? Are you able to take time off from work?” Taehyung asked you with excitement. 

“Wait… You want me to go with you?” 

“Of course, silly. Did you think we were just going to leave you?” Yoongi chuckled and you blushed, knowing that you got caught for thinking that way. The boys all laughed lightly. 

“We would love for you to meet our families. This is our territory but our parents’ territory is actually further down south.” Jungkook explained. 

“I’m excited to meet your families.” You smiled shyly. 

That night, you decided to sleep over. Even if you didn’t move in with them, you still stayed over from time to time. You laid beside Namjoon as he read his book, a small frown on his face as he focused on the contents. You couldn’t help but giggle, making him tear his gaze away from the story and onto you. You stared up at him. 

“You look so serious, Joon.” You giggled. 

“It’s an interesting story.” He pulled you close to him so you were practically lying on his chest as he the back of your head with his free hand. 

“Joon, I’m worried of what all your parents may think… Seeing that I am a human.” You expressed your concern. Namjoon looked at you, closing his book and putting it on the bed. 

“Jagi, don’t worry. Our parents are going to love you. It doesn’t matter if you’re a werewolf or not. Trust me.” He smiled. 

“Really?” 

“I’m your mate, aren’t I? I won’t lie to you. Our parents are actually very excited to meet you. They know you are a human. I told you, the moon goddess already had our fates laid out for us. You are meant to be our mate, no one else. Not even our parents can oppose to that.” He tucked a lock of hair behind your ear.

“I’m just worried… you know? I want to be a good mate for all of you.” You blushed slightly. 

“You already are the best mate we could have ever asked for so don’t worry about that. You are perfect just the way you are.” He kissed your hand, rubbing the back of it. 

*THUMP*

“What’s that?” You lifted your head. 

“Taehyung and Hobi are back from their patrol.” Namjoon informed. You nodded, going to the window to see the two wolves standing on the porch. They looked up and met eyes with you, barking and wagging their tails. 

“They said ‘goodnight’ to you.” Namjoon relayed. You knew that he was probably mind linking with them. You smiled at the two wolves, waving before stepping away from the window and back into bed, beside Namjoon. He wrapped his arms around you, kissing your forehead. You yawned and snuggled into his warmth.

“Sleepy?” He teased with a light chuckle. 

“A little.” You blinked. 

“Sleep then, jagi. Don’t think about anything for now and just relax.” He said softly, his dimple popping through. Reaching up, you gave into your urges and gave the dimple a light peck.

The next morning, the boys wanted to go for a picnic. Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok immediately shifted and ran out the door in excitement. 

“Aish, those 4.” Jin shook his head and grabbed the basket of food. Namjoon held the cooler box with the drinks while Yoongi held your hand and a bag of clothes for the 4 that left first. The weather was nice and cool from yesterday’s rain, with a slight breeze. 

“The usual spot?” Jin asked. You nodded. You helped with setting the big picnic mat right by the shining lake. 

“(y/n), since you’re our mate and you hold a crystal. We wanted to show you something. We’re not sure if it will work but we can try.” Yoongi led you to the edge of the lake. 

“This was how Jimin found out if we were still alive or not.” He explained, gesturing to the water. 

“What do you mean?” You tilted your head. 

“Watch closely.” Jin nodded to Taehyung. The wolf placed his noise at the surface of the water and drew a pattern of some sorts. Looking closely, you gasped when the image of 8 crystals appeared in the water, all shining as if they were lying below the surface of the lake. You reached out to touch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter