Chapter 10

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suga or Yoongi still dropped by your cafe to get coffee from you. But you treated him like a regular customer. There are no more small conversations or anything. You get the order, make his coffee and send him on his way. 

You finished the book RM lent to you and placed it on his table when they had yet to come back from lunch break. You knew 3/7 of their wolves, you didn’t get a chance to see the others to match the human face to the wolf face and frankly, you didn’t know if you wanted to. 

“Study well, we’ll see you back for the exams.” Your teacher left class. 

Before the exams, there was always a study period where students didn’t have to go to school. You only had to come back for the exams and there was a holiday after that.

“(y/n), can we talk?” Jin approached you first. 

“I’m… late for work. Sorry.” You said quickly and ran out of there. Of course, it was a lie, you didn’t really know how to face them. 

You were studying by your window when you saw two people approaching your house. You stood up and backed away from the window, wincing when you heard them knocking on the door. 

*Maybe if I don’t answer-*

“Please, (y/n). We’re desperate. We need your help.” You heard Taehyung whimpered softly. Sighing, you knew you couldn’t leave them if they really needed your help in an emergency. You walked to the door and opened it, looking at them. Taehyung stood with RM beside him. They both looked sad and distraught. 

“Yes?” You said softly. 

“Jungkookie… He needs you.” RM relayed. 

“Why?”

“He’s sick and he needs you. Please, we wouldn’t be here if we were not desperate.” Taehyung was close to his knees as he begged you. Heck, he would do that if it convinced you. 

“He doesn’t need me. He needs a doctor.” You shook your head and was going to close the door when RM put a hand to it, stopping you. 

“I know there’s a lot you’re scared of and confused about. But no doctor can help him. He needs you. I promise, there is no lie or ruse. After that, we can talk and explain everything to you. If you don’t want anything to do with us, I promise we won’t bother you anymore.” RM said. 

“Hyung!” Taehyung turned to RM, outraged at his promise. He didn’t want you to leave them. 

“Okay. Take me to him.” You grabbed your bag, with Yoongi’s washed clothes in them. The two began to walk with you down the forest path. As the house came into view, you had to remind yourself to breathe. 

“She’s here…” The other wolves inside stood up when they scented you outside the house. 

“She came.” Suga thought fondly. When you entered the house, you kept your head down, wanting to keep any interaction to a minimum. 

“This way.” RM said and you nodded, following him up. Standing in front of Jungkook’s closed room door, RM knocked before allowing you to enter. Jungkook smelled his leader before your scent. 

“(y/n)?” He refused to believe his nose and grunted as he turned to face you. The two weren’t lying. Jungkook looked absolutely horrible. His face was paler than Yoongi’s, dark circles were prominent under his bloodshot eyes. It looked like the energy had been out of him. Of course, you knew you were the cause of it and guilt hit your heart. 

“I heard you’re sick.” You whispered. 

“I’ll let you two have some privacy.” RM said with a clear of his throat and left, closing the door behind him. 

“I’m the cause of this?” Tears swam in your eyes. 

“No, no, no. Don’t blame yourself. Come here.” He waved you over and you hesitantly shuffled over. Once you were close enough, Jungkook pushed himself up to hug you. 

“I would never hurt you.” He replied, as if he could hear your worried thoughts. You nodded as you let your tears fall. 

“I missed you.” He hugged you against his chest, inhaling your scent. Reaching up, you rubbed his back in a soothing way. With a gently tug, he pulled you to lie down next to him. At that moment, it didn’t feel awkward. 

“Jungkook-” 

“I’m sorry, just let me… Hold you for a while.” He whimpered. He sighed in relief as he felt you nod against him. Jungkook was definitely Kookie. The personality and actions he did helped you connect the dots. He was someone who acted tough but never let others see his emotions. 

“It’s okay, Kookie.” You whispered as you hummed a soft lullaby for him. Jungkook pressed his face against your chest and you held him like a mother would hold her child. 

“Sleep.” 

“I don’t want to… What if you’re gone when I wake up?” He looked up at you with sad eyes. 

“I’ll still be here, I promise. You need to rest, your hyungs are worried for you.” You convinced, like coaxing a child to take his nap. He nodded his head and it was almost instantly that he fell asleep, his soft snores filling the quiet room. You felt yourself slowly getting sleepy as well, getting too comfortable with his body heat.

When Jungkook fell asleep, you slowly slid away from him to use the bathroom. You came out and saw the paper bag next to your bag. 

“I’ll be back.” You whispered to a sleepy Jungkook and left the room. Being in such a hurry, you tried your best to find Yoongi’s room, not wanting to unnecessarily run into the others. 

“RM?” You called softly, seeing him sitting on the couch. Hearing your voice, he immediately scrambled to his feet. 

“What’s up?” He coughed slightly

“Where’s Yoongi’s room?” You asked and he quietly beckoned you to follow him. He led you to another door, it was Yoongi’s room. From the music playing inside, you knew he was there. Taking a deep breath, you knocked on the door. 

“Come in.” You heard a lazed reply and entered. 

“Umm… Sorry to interrupt.” You cleared your throat. Yoongi jumped slightly when he saw that it was you, quickly reaching over to lower the volume of the speaker on his nightstand before standing up. He straightened his clothes in an effort to look presentable to you. 

“You’re not interrupting. What do you need?” He asked softly. 

“Here. I washed them. Thanks again for lending it to me.” You held out the paper bag. Yoongi tilted his head in confusion, taking the bag in his hands and looking inside. 

“Oh, you’re welcome. Thanks for washing them, I guess.” He placed the paper bag on the bed. The both of you stared at each other awkwardly. 

“I’m gonna go.” You turned. 

“Wait.” Yoongi hastily grabbed your wrist. 

“I need to go, Yoongi. If Jungkook wakes up and I’m not there…” You looked at him with sad eyes, almost as if begging him to hold this conversation off for later. Yoongi let you go, his hand falling limply by your side. You headed back to Jungkook’s room, sliding back into the same position that you were in. He immediately sighed in his sleep, his body molding into yours. 

What you didn’t know was that you just being in the house made all the wolves feel better. Your scent, your energy, your aura was able to calm the nerves that bubbled within them. 

If only they could be as lucky as Jungkook, to have you hold them. 

“You’re really still here.” Jungkook woke up, a little shocked to see that you stuck to your promise. You hummed with a nod. 

“The hyungs want to see you…” He informed. 

“I don’t know, Kookie.” You sighed. Jungkook’s heart quickened at you calling his nickname and told the others to wait. He wanted to hear what you had to say, he wanted to hear what you were hesitant or afraid of. Most importantly, he didn’t want your fears clouding your judgement of them. 

“What’s going through your mind?” He sat up. You crossed your legs, facing him. 

“I don’t know where to start, Kookie. I can’t help but feel betrayed that you guys didn’t tell m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter