Chapter 17

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a gasp, you sat up from the bed that you were laying on. You drew your knees to your chest as you remembered the fear that bubbled in your chest and the amber flames that claimed your home. Thick sobs escaped from your lips and the door burst open. 

“(y/n)…” Jin placed the tray of food down and rushed to your side, wrapping his arms around you as you sobbed into his chest. 

“Shh, it’s okay, my love.” He whispered as he the back of your head, hushing you softly. The other 6 boys stood by the doorway, broken as they watched Jin comfort you. 

“Tell me it’s not true.” You cried. 

“I’m sorry.” Was all Jin could say. So it really did happen, it wasn’t a nightmare. You cried out for your grandfather, apologising to him for letting that happen to your precious home. After all, he always boasted that he built it himself. 

“I’m sorry we couldn’t protect it.” Jin kissed the top of your head. 

“No. It’s my fault. It’s all my fault that this happened.” You shook your head. Of course, you were not unreasonable, you knew you couldn’t blame the boys when you were the one that sent them away and asked to be alone. The only person you could blame was yourself. You only hoped they got the people that did this to you. 

“Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Kookie…” You looked up at him, not yet realising that the 4 were standing there. 

“We’re right here, angel. We’re okay, nothing happened to us.” Jungkook sat beside you, cooing softly. He cupped your cheeks, wiping your tears away with his thumbs. 

“There’s something else I need to tell you all.” You looked up at all of them.

“You can tell us later. You should rest more, it’s been a long day.” Jin tucked a lock of hair behind your ear. 

“No… I need you all to know.” Your lip quivered. 

“Okay. But have a bath and some food first. Then we’ll talk.” Jungkook kissed your knuckles. You nodded your head and the boys left you to your privacy. Digging through your bags, you found some clothes and a towel. You headed into Jin’s bathroom to take a bath. 

“You’re done.” Jin smiled softly as he saw you descend down the stairs. You nodded your head, keeping your head lowered. Jimin led you to sit down. 

“Here. Careful, it’s hot.” Yoongi placed the bowl of soup and rice in front of you. Picking up your spoon, you slowly dug in. Even if the food was good, you didn’t have the appetite. Your stomach churned. 

“Boys, whatever she tells us, whatever reaction. Let’s try to keep it in and hear her out, alright?” Namjoon said. 

“She’s already broken enough.” Hoseok looked at you sadly. 

“I can’t even imagine what she is going through right now. Poor mate, she doesn’t deserve all this pain and suffering. But you’re right hyung, we will keep our emotions to a minimum. She doesn’t need more things to worry about for now when she’s clearly shaken up.” Taehyung nodded his head. The rest nodded as well. 

“I’m done.” You said softly. While the boys cleared up, you went upstairs to get what you need and came back down. 

“Sorry, just let me take a breath.” You said shakily. 

“Take your time, baby. Breathe.” Namjoon held your hand, squeezing it gently. You took a deep breath and nodded your head, reaching into the manila envelope you had with you. 

“I searched my grandfather’s entire room yesterday and found… some things.” You placed an envelope with your name and some photos on the table. 

“This… belonged to him.” You took the last item out, holding it tightly in your palm. Hoseok took it. 

“It’s a pack crest.” Hoseok said in disbelief. 

“Only the older generations use this. We don’t give out pack crests like these anymore.” He tilted his head and you nodded your head, understanding. Hoseok handed it to Yoongi and Namjoon, the ones that would probably know what crest it is. 

“It looks like ours but… it’s different.” Yoongi stated and Namjoon nodded. 

“I’ll send a picture of this to my parents. They know people who work for the royal archives.” Namjoon took a picture of the crest. 

“Wait. That means, your grandfather was a werewolf too? Wouldn’t that mean…?” Taehyung trailed off and all 7 pairs of eyes were on you. You gulped as you reminded yourself to stay calm. 

“I thought so too. But I’m not my grandfather’s real grand daughter. I-I’m adopted.” You whispered. 

“I’m sorry, baby.” Jimin hugged you and you wiped your stray tears. 

“This letter holds all the truth. My grandfather wrote it to me before he died, in case I find out the truth about everything. It’s so messy. Everything is a mess.” You held your head in your hands as you remembered the feelings you felt when you first read the letter, seeing your name written on it. It was clearly your grandfather’s writing. 

“My parents were hunters… But they abandoned me during an attack and while escaping, my grandfather found me and raised me.” Your whole body shook. You felt so much anger towards the people you considered ‘parents’. 

“I’m sorry.” You covered your eyes as you cried. You didn’t want to see their expressions. After all, their mate descended from hunters. 

“Shh, it’s okay.” Yoongi wrapped an arm around you. 

“My parents are hunters.” You cried. 

“That’s your parents. You were a victim too, abandoned when you were just a baby. No matter what, you were are still your grandfather’s grand daughter. He didn’t raise you as a hunter. He raised you as a normal human girl. It’s not your fault. We don’t blame you.” Yoongi comforted you. 

“Do you think that couple came to look for you then?” Jungkook asked. 

“If they’re hunters. Maybe.” 

“Could they be…?” Jin gasped. 

“No. Grandpa said my parents died, they died shortly after he took me in. That’s what his pack told him. They’re better off dead anyway.” You wrapped your arms around yourself. 

“(y/n), the intruders that set fire to your cabin… it was the same couple from this afternoon. It is safe to assume that they did know your parents or at least, your grandfather. They knew that he was a werewolf and that you are the child of your parents.” Hoseok said and you nodded your head. You couldn’t believe they did that, they tried to kill you. 

“But I don’t even know them. Before today, I have never seen them before in my life. W-What happened to them?” You asked. 

“The explosion was bigger than they expected. We believe that they died in the fire while they went in to look for you.” Yoongi informed. You looked down at your lap. 

“I see, that’s good… I guess.” 

“What’s wrong?” Taehyung knew your expression and tone of voice. 

“I mean, it’s good that they’re dead but if they knew something about my past, where I came from. I could have asked them. But it doesn’t matter now. That’s the least of my worries.” You shook your head.

“I don’t have a home now…” You sighed. 

“What are you talking about? You always have a home here.” Jimin held your hand. You looked at him then turned to look at the rest. 

“Thank you.” You hugged him. 

“Don’t thank us. There’s no way we’re letting our mate sleep in the streets or be homeless. You can stay here for as long as you need. Don’t worry about it.” Jin patted your head. Namjoon’s phone rang, breaking the silence. He excused himself and stepped aside to answer it.

“I see. I understand. Thanks for calling.” Namjoon said and hung up. he had a serious look on his face as he sat back down. 

“That was my dad. We should go home tomorrow.” He informed. 

“Is it because of the crest?” You asked softly. 

“I’m not sure, he didn’t say much. Except that we should head over and we should bring you too, (y/n). Don’t worry though, I don’t think it is anything serious. Besides, it may be safer for us to go.” Namjoon decided. 

“What do you say?” Jungkook asked you. You nodded your head. There was no where else for you to go anyway. And if that couple is really dead, people may com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter