Epilogue

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really don’t like that we’re out when you’re about to pop, kitten.” Yoongi sighed for the nth time as he pushed the grocery cart.

“Oh, quit nagging, grandpa. We’ll be fine.” You waved him off as you grabbed two bags of pasta and placed them into the cart. Yoongi sent you a flat look and shook his head.

Ever since the pregnancy blood test revealed that your child had panther blood, Yoongi has been very cautious and mindful of you. You felt that it was rather deserving that you were carrying Yoongi’s child first, considering he was with you the longest. But the two of you decided not to know the gender.

“You should be taking this more seriously than I do, kitten.” Yoongi scoffed.

“I am, Yoongs. Now please let me choose my cereal in peace, please.” You hushed him as you looked between the two boxes in your hands. Yoongi facepalmed at you.

“Just get both.” He groaned.

“You’ll let me get both?” Your eyes sparkled.

“Only because I know that if I say no, you will use the baby as an excuse to make me buy both in the end.” He rolled his eyes at you. He really knew you too well that he knew all the antics that you use.

“That’s a fact.” You shot finger guns at him and placed both boxes into the cart before the both of you continued. You waddled away to grab ice lollies that you have been craving as Yoongi went to grab some meat to stock the fridge at home. When you didn’t come back, Yoongi placed the trays into the cart and pushed to find you.

“Kitten-” He froze when he saw the puddle of water by your feet. You mirrored the same shocked expression as him.

“It’s okay, kitten. Accidents happen and you’re pregnant-”

“Yoongs, it’s not pee.” You quickly cut him off. The wheels in Yoongi’s head turned and he knew, your water just broke, in the supermarket. He abandoned the cart and rush to you.

“I can’t move.” Your whole body was stiff.

“Why not? Are you in pain?! Shall I call an ambulance?!” Yoongi panicked.

“No! It’s dripping…” You mumbled in embarrassment. A store clerk had seen what happened and rushed over to offer assistance but you couldn’t move until Yoongi received instructions. Yoongi contacted your gynaecologist to let her know that your water just broke and the baby was coming.

“Dr Rin said you can either go home and wait for contractions or go to the hospital. She has a spare labour room for you.” Yoongi informed, putting his phone into the pocket.

“Call the others. Let’s go to the hospital.” You said. Yoongi slowly helped you to the car.

He pulled up to the hospital and the nurses were quick to bring you to the ward that your gynaecologist had prepared for you.

“The others will be here soon.” Yoongi came to your side.

“Yoongs, I’m scared.” You whimpered as you held his hand. Yoongi leaned forward to kiss your forehead, your hair. He whispered sweet nothings into your ear.

“I’m here, kitten. I’ve got you.” He rubbed your hand with his thumb. The door opened and your 6 other hybrids came in. With their senses, they could smell that your water had indeed broke and you were going into labour. Yoongi was beside you, comforting you and trying to get you to calm down. Taehyung came to your other side.

“How are you, jagi?” He rubbed your stomach.

“Scared.” You admitted.

“You’ll be just fine, my love. We will be here the entire time.” Namjoon kissed the back of your other hand. You sent them a grateful smile.

“The whole squad is here, huh?” Dr Rin came in with two nurses. You let out a sheepish laugh. The boys stepped aside as the nurses pulled the curtains to give you some privacy for Dr Rin to check you.

“Hmm… Not quite there yet. Sorry, bub.” Dr Rin patted your thigh as she removed her rubber gloves. You sent her a small smile.

“I’ll come and check on you later.” She said squeezed your hand and left.

“Is there anything we can do for you, beautiful?” Jungkook your head. You shook your head. Jin poured some of your favourite juice into a cup and you drank it with a straw. You were feeling so many things that your mind just blanked out.

“What if it’s a human?” That was your worse fear.

“Kitten, we have told you this multiple times. Whether it is a hybrid or human, we’ll still love it. It’s still made with my DNA. What he or she looks like won’t change my or our love for the baby.” Yoongi reminded.

“I love you all.” You blurted.

“We love you too, angel.” Jimin kissed your cheek. Over the next few hours, your contractions came and went, each time getting stronger. You knew that very soon, you would be holding your first child in your arms. It was both exciting and nerve wrecking. Dr Rin came in to check on you from time to time when she wasn’t helping other patients.

“Well?” You panted.

“Looks like we’re ready for some pushing.” Dr Rin finally smiled. Yoongi came through the curtain, the other staying outside so as to not crowd the area.

“I’m right here, kitten.” Yoongi whispered, your cheek. He held your hand as he pressed his forehead against yours.

“Take a deep breath and push.” The nurse helped with verbal guidance. Each time you pushed and your face tensed, Yoongi helped with comforting words and wiping your sweat.

“Yoongs.” You whimpered, throwing your head back as you groaned.

“A little more, kitten. You’ve got this. I know you can do this.” He gave you a soft smile, pecking your lips.

“Alright, we’ve got the head! Just two more pushes!” Dr Rin squealed happily. You gave it your all, squeezing Yoongi’s hand until it was all over. Dr Rin carried your baby to the side with one of the nurses while the other cleaned you up. You and Yoongi stayed silent until the cries of a baby sounded.

“Can the father come cut the cord?” The nurse called and Yoongi stepped away for a while and cut the umbilical cord.

“Congratulations, it’s a boy.” Dr Rin came over with a bundle. You laid your baby against your chest, tears falling from your eyes. Yoongi cried as well, pressing his cheek against yours.

“He’s beautiful, kitten.” Yoongi cried softly.

“It’s a hybrid.” You sobbed as you saw two small, black ears rested against his head and you smiled up at Yoongi. Yoongi wiped your tears, cupping your cheeks and pulling you up for a full kiss.

“I love you, kitten.” He said against your lips.

“Hey there.” Yoongi let the baby wrap his hand around his finger. The nurse took the baby from you to do all the necessary tests.

“Don’t cry, Yoongs.” You reached up to wipe his tears once it was only the two of you.

“I just never imagined… that one day, I would have a family of my own. I mean, that’s my real son. He’s so precious. Thank you so much, kitten.” He hugged you as he cried into your shoulder. You wrapped your arms around his neck to cry along with him. All of you, your entire family, has really come so far. The nurses were ready to move you to a regular ward.

“We’re moving you to a regular ward. After that, you can see your baby.” Dr Rin smiled.

“Thank you.” You said, exhausted. Before they could even wheel you out to see the other 6 boys, you fell asleep.

“He looks just like Yoongi hyung.” You heard hushed whispers, making you stir and wake up. You saw the 6 boys gathered around Yoongi, who was sitting on the couch, his son in his arms.

“Jagi. You’re awake.” Taehyung was the first to notice you. You nodded.

“You did so well. You should rest more.” He kissed your head. Yoongi came over, carrying his son in his arms. You opened your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter