forget me not | jenlisa

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

part 2/3

***

lisa's pov

"you've been drinking here since seven and it's almost two, you okay there or what? you can tell me." the bartender asked me but it seems like i've forgotten to hear and continued staring at the melting ice in my glass of strong alcohol. i heard her but i'm just not in the mood.

i'm not in the mood to do anything but drink. girls have been reaching out on me, touching my shoulder, whispering nonsense in my ear as if they'll get my attention. i ignored them all. could've gotten into a new relationship by now but i just... can't.

it's been six months since she left me in this place, devastated, broken in all places. it felt like i was beaten up repeatedly by my alcoholic father or maybe continuously getting hit by a rushing train and still managed to survive. i'm emotionally destroyed that i can feel it. physically feeling the pain i'm going through and losing the will to live. she left me here but she brought my heart and soul with her. therefore, i'm just a body with a brain full of memories with her, a skeleton wearing it's skin. i am nothing but a human who's dead inside.

why am i here though? why do i keep coming back in this place? i should avoid this hell, right? but everyday, after waking up (even after praying to sleep eternally), my feet would lead me here again and again and again. sometimes the staff would cover me with a blanket coz i've fallen asleep on the bar and they'd ask me to leave once i've woken up. but again, why am i here? wasting money on expensive drinks, not even talking to anyone at all but i'm still here? then one day, i figured it out.

that day, i thought i heard her voice. i thought that jennie came back for me. i thought that she really loves me and she can't just leave me like that. i just thought. but when i looked, it wasn't her. hair is different, aura is too bright. it's not her.

i ordered more drinks that day, earning a splitting headache the next morning.i keep coming back to that place... because maybe, just maybe... jennie will go there too and i can ask her, beg for her to come back to me. i kept expecting she'll enter through the door.

"you know, you'll ruin your body if you keep drinking like this."

"why do you care."

"because you're a human being who's completely wrecked. an epitome of ruins." she stated in a glamorous tone as if being broken is fancy.

"why do you keep drinking?" she asked again after giving me another shot.

"why do you keep asking?" i decided to looked at her and hey, she's pretty.

"you've been entertaining me these days, mumbling incoherent words but the clearest you've spoken was 'jennie'. who is she?" i felt my heart breaking again upon the mention of her name, tears started b under my eyes so i got my handkerchief out in a second to stop them from falling.

"i don't know you, why should i tell?" i drank another shot.

"i'm jisoo, can you tell me now?" she insisted.

"fine, what do you want to know?" my words were slurring but i don't care, at least she won't understand everything.

"why do you keep drinking? i work here and my job is to keep feeding you these drinks but they're bad for your health, do you ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter