leave me not | jenlisa

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3/3

***

"jennie, i need an explanation. i really don't get you at all, i thought you love me." lisa talked to herself, phone still on her hand and looking at a picture of jennie that she took. an hour has passed since she saw jennie with that guy and she's been sitting in her car trying to grasp reality but she herself doesn't want to believe that it did happened on the day she proposed to her. she can't fathom the fact that she lost her moon, the only thing that gave light to her life, to another star.

it seems to surreal for her.

jennie was the only thing that made her life meaningful again after losing her parents. aside from being jennie's long time girlfriend, she's also the only friend that lisa have... had. and she never imagined that this day would come, that jennie is in someone else's arms.

she wiped her tears that seems endless, making her eyes blurry. unable to see the road properly, she still started her car and drove. she lost her hold on her phone but she's smart enough to not pick it up. a loud horn, screech and crash was the last thing she heard before losing her consciousness. a flash of her memory showed in front of her. jennie, saying yes when she asked her to be her girlfriend, jennie, burning her morning pancakes, jennie, smiling to herself while reading the notes that lisa hides in their house, jennie, crying before leaving her.

"LALISA MANOBAN'S ROOM WHERE." jennie unintentionally screamed at the nurse. it has been three days since the accident happened and she just lost it when she saw the news. lisa's car was crushed beyond recognition and jennie ran to wear her shoes and get her car keys to drive to her.

"what is your relation to the patient?" the question wasn't painful but it still hurt jennie. she looked down, trying to think of what to say so she could get to her immediately. she just wanna know if she's safe and hopefully she is.

"i'm her fiance." she lied, she have to.

she quietly entered her room, all these tubes attached to lisa is making jennie tear up but she have to be strong, at least she's fine, she told herself.

the beeping of the heart monitor calmed her and she sat on the chair beside the hospital bed, holding the hand of her love.

"lisa, i know you can hear me. it's me, jennie. i'm so sorry i got here so late but the doctor told me you haven't woken up since the accident so please," she contemplated on her next words, "love, please wake up for me."

jennie's routine has changed ever since lisa got in the hospital. she haven't been answering her boyfriend's calls lately and she don't know why. she only cares for lisa and lisa only. she goes to her every morning to take care of her and tell her stories about them.

sometimes she'll suddenly cry whenever she looks at lisa, blaming herself for what happened to her though she never really did anything. it was after all, just an accident. it was very unfortunate but fortunate, too. she's more than glad that lisa's still breathing, still existing.

a week had passed by without jennie noticing. she wants to see lisa as soon as she wakes up and take care of her. that's the only thing she can offer, as a friend.

she knocked at the door only to see a woman, quite her height, playing with her phone and sitting where jennie sits

"uhm, who are you?" the girl quickly removed her earphones and bowed down to jennie.

"i'm jisoo, i'm a friend of lisa." the deep voice surprised her but she didn't let her guard down.

"i don't remember lisa having friends. who are you really?" jisoo explained how lisa stayed at the bar for six months straight and jisoo felt responsible for her knowing that her girlfriend left her.

jennie felt guilty knowing that lisa never felt fine after leaving her without any explanation while she's already with someone new.

"i'm her girl- i mean, ex-girlfriend." the awkwardness grew stronger and jisoo excused herself to go to the bathroom. as usual, jennie sat beside her and held her hand. within a few seconds, she felt some movement. she stood up and hurriedly called a doctor.

"hi, you finally woke up." the doctor told her as soon as she opened her eyes. a nurse assisted her to sit up and she scratched her head and looking around as if trying to absorb her surroundings.

"what is this?" lisa asked the doctor.

"that's a bandage."

"where am i?" jennie's heart started to beat faster. she's wishing that her guess were right.

"you're in the hospital. you got into an accident a week ago and you just woke up from your long nap." jennie anticipated lisa's next words. the woman looked at jennie with curiosity.

"who is she?" jennie's chin trembled, a sob was trying to escape but she resisted it. she covered and looked away.

"she... is your ex-girlfriend, lisa." her eyebrows furrowed then jisoo walked in.

"jisoo!" jennie's eyes grew large in shock, she can't believe it.

lisa hugged jisoo as if they've known each other for years and jennie clenched her chest, she was physically hurting at what she's seeing. the love of her life whom she spend each of her day for five years, can't even remember her name.

"doc, please explain." jennie faced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter