and there were none | jenlisa

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was left baffled when she went home one day to an empty house, devoided of any human trace.

 

+++

 

"Ms. Manoban, you going with us later?" Mr. Jang, our department head, asked me while I was on my break. After all, it's the company's anniversary and my second year working for them, too. I could go. I have to tell Jennie though I know she'll be okay with it.

 

"I'd love to go, sir! Can't spoil the fun now." We laughed and went on with work.

 

I hope to get home before midnight or earlier than that. Jennie doesn't like it when I come home late.

 

We've been living for almost three years. Jennie and I have known each other since high school and formed an unbreakable bond. We'd do everything together, from shopping to declining men who dare enter our lives. I'm kidding.

 

It was a coincidence that we both turned down a guy that day and felt relieved that we did. Sometimes, we'd joke about how we might end up with no one in the future, and she once said, "Maybe I should just marry you, Lisa. No harm to that." and then she cheekily smiled. I just laughed at her, but inside I couldn't tell her I thought it was a good idea.

 

We're very fond of one another; I can feel how much she cares and adores me and loves me, and I want to keep that forever. I have to hide my growing feelings for her.

 

Sometimes, I wanted to risk everything we had and kiss her.

 

Those were moments of silence between a laughing fit. We were so close that I could smell her scent; I heard her breathe, I felt her eyes on me, and her hand was inches from mine. Sometimes it would be when she's far, talking to someone, writing, looking at herself through the mirror, or sitting on the couch. It was a random moment that I appreciated. If only I could convey my feelings for her.

 

I tried countless times but backed out at the last minute. Sometimes I'd lie about the flowers that I bought. It was for her, but someone gave them to me.at some point, I felt our feelings were mutual, but the lies about the flowers, letters, etc., probably confused her, and she decided to befriend me. I wish I could tell what she was thinking when she stood outside my room or fixed my blanket as I slept before kissing me goodnight.

 

Is it friendly or more? Should I put my hopes up or not? We lack communication when it comes to this, but we're not even in a relationship in the first place.

 

But then she did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter