untitled | jenlisa

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

 

"Why do you still have that?" Chahee asked while packing our stuff. In a few days, we’ll land in New Zealand for personal reasons.

 

"You know it makes me feel safe anywhere, right?"

 

"But come on. How will you move on if you’re still holding that dumb teddy bear?" I looked at the brown bear in my hands. Should I put this in my luggage or bring it with me on the plane?

 

"It’s not like I remember her from this. I mean, she did give this to me, but it’s mine now." Chahee rolled her eyes and went out of the living room.

 

It’s been four years since I got this stuffed toy from someone who shall not be named. It never left my side. Wherever I go, Teddy goes. I can’t just throw it out.

 

We have three days left in Korea. I never thought that someday I’d leave my home. I don’t know how I got to this decision, but I do hope things will be better after this. No more drunk me calling someone in hopes of them coming back. No more dumb me hoping for something that can never be ‘more than something’. Six months in NZ is enough to stop myself from thinking about her; I’ll be up and running by the time I get back for Irene’s birthday.

 

I heard my inner voice say, "You’re making a fool out of yourself."

 

But you have to move on, Jennie. We have to.

 

***

 

Lisa’s POV

 

"Six months? For what?" We were in a coffee shop when Chaeyoung ruined the quiet ambience.

 

"Can you calm down? I'm not sure. I just saw it on Chahee’s post. You know her, right? The rumored girlfriend?"

 

"Stalking her is your pastime now?" Imagine my headache.

 

"No!" I forgot where we were for a second. We’re getting looks from everyone now.

 

"Can you calm down?"

 

"Don’t use my words on me. I’m not stalking them. I just checked."

 

"Checked if they’re really together? Every day?" She gave me a serious look. I stared back at her.

 

"Is that considered stalking? I just checked for a few minutes then went back to what I’m doing." I felt my ears heat up from embarrassment.

 

"Your ears are red."

 

"You’re so annoying, Park Chaeyoung."

 

"Go on, yell my name. But if you went out with me in the first place, you wouldn't be in this situation." I choked on the coffee I was drinking.

 

"Was I aware of your feelings, woman?"

 

"Uhm, for the record, you have feelings for me, but I was willing to go out with you." She flipped her hair with attitude.

 

We argued for five minutes about who had feelings for each other and then agreed that we’d date one another out of pity. We sure are best friends.

 

"Going back to your ex, are we really out here wasting our time? Don’t you have plans to follow her to the airport or something? Ask her to stay?" I leaned my arms on my knees and thought about it.

 

"This is not a movie, Chaeng. It’s clear she’s moved on, though, what, just after five months? But I can’t judge her."

 

"You can’t, you don’t want to."

 

"Shut up. I never thought she’d find someone else that easily."

 

"I feel a ‘but’ coming." If I can shoot lasers through my eyes, she’s dead by now.

 

"But," Chaeyoung raised her fist and whispered ‘yes!’ "I’m happy for her."

 

"I am truly happy for her."

 

6 MONTHS LATER

 

Six months passed without any of them reaching out. Lisa had a hard time resisting checking Jennie’s accounts (Jisoo hides her phone when they’re drinking to stop Lisa from drunk calling), while Jennie tries to focus on her vacation (with Chahee’s help and scoldings, of course).

 

They both thought, "She’s probably happy now. I shouldn’t bother her anymore." As they thought they were forgetting about their time together, they met again.

 

It was Irene's birthday celebration, a common friend. Jennie and Irene’s relationship goes back to the early days of their careers, while Lisa knew Irene as Seulgi’s girlfriend.

 

Since they’ve disconnected, cut communication, and all, they don’t know when they’ll meet again.

 

"Am I seeing what I’m seeing?" Chahee asked Jennie, looking behind the clueless woman.

 

"What? Who?" Jennie stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter