she was mine

one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

after ending a 10-year relationship, lisa is left alone to deal with the memories jennie made with her

 

 

"did you understand?" i couldn't comprehend what she just said. my brain stopped functioning, i can only hear 'i'm breaking up with you' playing in a loop for the past five minutes.

 

"i—you're tired."

 

"yes."

 

"and you need a break."

 

"yes, but not a temporary one." the longer this goes on, the more i wish for this to end early.

 

"you're breaking up with me... after 10 years... jennie, i don't—" i was going to say i don't understand why and how, but the moment i met her eyes, i decided not to continue.

 

"...okay."

 

"okay?"

 

i nodded, not because i want us to end, but because i felt like she just want this to end.

 

"than you, lisa." she kissed me goodbye and left. i received a message from her best friend as soon as i heard the door slam shut.

 

Jisoo

i'm really sorry lisa but thank you for letting her go
we'll go back tomorrow to get her stuff

 

okay
1:16 pm

 

 

"what happened?" i called roseanne after hours of packing jennie's clothes. i don't want them to stay here longer than 30 minutes. i don't wanna see her taking her things away for good, so i began to pack her things on auto-pilot.

 

"she broke up with me... and i couldn't say no. i—she looks tired, rosie. she looks... she looked like she was hoping for me to just agree and i... i did." i walked out of our apartment, took the stairs instead of the elevator, and looked at the sky.

 

"you didn't stop her?"

 

"how can i stop someone who looks so determined to end things? how—" i choked on my words as everything dawned on me. "how can i stop her when her face says nothing but 'please, just let me go'?"

 

i continued to walk aimlessly not caring about the people i bump into.

 

"lisa, every time you two break up, you would pursue her, ask her why, make her realize that it wasn't a good decision—"

 

"that's the problem... what if this is the better decision? what if all this time this is what she wanted? what if this is what's best for us?"

 

"but what do you want?" have you asked yourself what you want to happen?"

 

have i considered what it is that i want?

 

"thank you, rosie. i'll get back to you."

 

"where are you right now?"

 

"don't worry, i'm not going to do anything. i'll just walk." i found myself in the middle of a deserted bridge, looking down on the water flowing gently beneath. it's odd how there are no vehicles crossing this bridge when most of the time there's traffic.

 

walking for hours with my thoughts didn't help. i traced my steps back and my reluctance to twist the door knob made me regret even thinking about going back.

 

no one would surprise me behind the door anymore. no one would shower me with kisses, i miss yous, i have something to tell yous, and more. i won't be greeted by the most adorable gummy smile anymore.

 

i'll be welcomed by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter