7; courage

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

cour·age

/ˈkərij/

 
noun

the ability to do something that frightens one.

Next Day 

Afternoon

“Yena, I don’t think I can do this.” Nako muttered, Yena took a deep breath as she heard that Nako kept being hesitant.

“Listen, if she pushes you away then she doesn’t deserve you if she’s fine with you liking her then maybe she’s worth being friends with.” Yena reassured once more, she was right, liking someone is okay and normal.

“You think so?”

“Yup, Don’t you agree, Joyul?” Yena asked for Yuri’s opinion but Yuri wasn’t even paying attention and instead making coffee for the customers. 

“What?” a voice was heard, Yena sighs and shakes her head furiously.

“Nevermind, Nako, when you finish telling her, call me.” Says Yena, Nako sighs as she starts to regret making the bet.

“What if I don’t do it?” Nako asked, hesitantly, Yena raised an eyebrow before repeating what she told her two days ago.

“I’ll tell her tonight, I need to go, I promised to buy some snacks to watch a movie.” Nako muttered before standing up to start walking. 

“Don’t hurt yourself, Nakochan!” Nako considered asking Yena about what she meant by don’t hurt yourself, she didn't and instead continued to walk to the nearest store.                                                             

--

Night

Nako’s anxiety level had risen so much, the two had a chip bag in between them, so Nako tried to not to pull a drama moment where they’ll accidentally touch each other’s hand. It happened once already throughout the movie they were watching but they didn’t speak of it and laughed it off.

The power all the sudden turns off, turning off the Tv and everything that was connected, leaving them both in darkness, Nako looked around as her adrenaline was pumping hard (maybe it was because she has a slight fear of the darkness).

“Did Nayoung forget to pay the bills again..” Hitomi let out a chuckle before standing up to take out a  small flashlight.

“We can continue watching on my laptop,” Hitomi assured, Nako agreed, she watched Hitomi take out her laptop, looking for the tab of the movie they were watching.

Nako admires every feature of Hitomi as she just stared mindlessly at her. Nako let out a big sigh, getting Hitomi’s attention. The younger japanese look at Nako with a warm grin.

“What are you thinking about?” Hitomi asked as she heard the big sigh. Nako scooted closer to Hitomi before slowly looking down.

“Tomi-yah..” Nako mumbled, Hitomi hummed as a response. Nako took a deep breath before continuing to speak.

“I wanted to tell you something for a while now and-” a sound of a phone ringing interrupts them, Nako doesn’t know how to feel, she’s relieved but she’s pretty pissed now.

“Wait a second, Chaewon is calling me.” Hitomi says after checking who was calling her. Nevermind, Nako was now mad, the only chance she had to confess now may have been ruined.

“Hey, what’s up? I guess I’ll go after I finish hanging out with Nakochan, okay bye.” Hitomi was heard as a background voice. Nako sat there in silence as she was thinking about what was about to happen.

“What were you going to tell me?” Hitomi asked, bringing Nako back to reality.

Nako stands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter