8; denial

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

de·ni·al

/dəˈnīəl/

noun

the action of declaring something to be untrue.
 

Next Day

“Nako, wake up, it’s time to go.”

“I don’t want to go~” Nako whined in a groggy voice, pulling the sheets over her head to not be hit with an extra sunshine trying to wake her up.

“I swear to god. Nako, get up or you’ll be going to be dragged out of here.” Yena threatened, Nako groaned before sitting up.

Yena stifled a laugh as Nako had some runny mascara from last night. “Nevermind, go back to sleep.”

“Do I look that bad?” Nako jokes, Yena shook her head and gave her a cheeky smile.

“You are still cute either way,” Yena complimented, Nako looking at herself in the mirror before humming in agreement.

“Can you do my make-up?” Nako asked for a favor, Yena took a make-up remover wipe from the drawer before cleaning Nako’s face completely.

“Where’s Minju?” Nako asked as Yena was starting to re-do her make-up for her, once she finished Yena finally answered. 

“She’s still sleeping on the couch, she drank a little too much.” Yena pointed out, Nako lets out a hum before walking over to Yena’s closet, getting ready to choose any of Yena’s clothing to wear.

“Your roommate brought you a flannel and some jeans,” Yena grabbed Nako’s attention, Nako turned to her and caught the clothing that Yena had just thrown to her.

“I feel like I can’t face her, did you tell her last night?” Nako said worriedly, Yena responded with a shrug since she couldn’t even separate from Nako.

“Was going to, but you kinda had a breakdown…” Yena said before in between her teeth, Nako sighed as she sat back down on the bed.

“You’ll tell her today?” Nako asked, Yena assured her once again that she’ll do it and that she’ll tell her what happened.

“..and I need to also talk to Chaewon about the Minju situation.” Yena scratched her head as she spoke.

“Are you the relationship fixer?” Nako nudged her with a smirk, Yena rolled her eyes as she heard the joke all the sudden.

“Hurry up and change, I’ll be waiting outside with a half-awake Kim Minju.” Yena scoffed before leaving the room to Nako.

--

Nako enters class with her head down, not trying to face Hitomi who was in that exact same class, Nako walks past Hitomi and sits down on her seat before re-reading the message that Yena had sent her before class.

Duckie<3

| she’s going to meet with me after this class

read
 

Hitomi<3

| Are you okay?

| you seem anxious

Nako<3

| Yeah 

| I’m fine

Nako tapped her finger on the table as she glanced at the look and now it felt like time had just shifted, 5 more minutes until class was over. Meanwhile, Hitomi stared down at her computer, blankly, she didn’t take any notes and now the class was wrapping up.

“Do you want me to send today’s notes?” A voice favored, Hitomi looks at the petite girl with a smile before nodding.

“If you don’t mind, Ms. Yabuki.” Hitomi cheekingly said as this was the only way to get Nako to help her, Nako wasn’t stone cold so of course she let out a small giggle.

“I’m doing this because I’m a good friend,” Nako responded as she sat next to Hitomi to send her a copy of her notes.

“About yesterday, I’m worried if you wanted to tell me something important,” Hitomi brought up that topic making Nako make a small frown on her lips.

“You’ll find out in a couple minutes hopefully.” Nako stood up as she finished, she walked away leaving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter