6; Character

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

char·ac·ter

/ˈkerəktər/

noun

plural noun: characters

the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
 

Next day

Minju enters the cafe that Yuri owns, seeing Yuri and Yena being lovey dovey, hesitating to walk to the counter, she taps on the counter getting the attention of Yuri and Yena.

“Hey, Minju, anything to drink?” Yuri greeted, Minju sighed. She felt scared to ask Yuri for a job but she finally got courage after a deep breath.

“No, I wanted to ask if you guys needed someone else to help out?” asked Minju, Yuri looked at Yena before looking back at Minju.

“Oh, uhm...what for?” Yuri asked back as she didn’t hint at what Minju was trying to say.

“My family is in debt and I need to get some extra money,” Minju muttered, Yuri let out an  ‘oh’ before giving her a nod.

“Here, Yena, can you take orders while I help Minju out,” Yuri moved Yena to the front counter before leading Minju to the employees room. 

Yena stays at her position, waiting for some new customers to enter, she looks at Yuri and Minju who were communicating at the employee's room before letting out a sigh.

--

Nako would spend her weekend either at a bird cafe or at her house studying but instead she decided to do both. Nako was in the new bird cafe they opened at the beginning of the semester, studying for her test that she had.

“Morning, Nakochan, anything to drink?” The bird cafe employees knew her (maybe it’s because she comes there almost every day).

“Can I have a Vanilla latte?” Nako asked, earning a nod from the waiter before walking off, Nako stared blankly at the small bird who was flapping around the table. Nako places her finger in front of the bird waiting for it to jump on her finger. Once it did, she slowly raised it up to the level of her face.

“You know, tomorrow I have to confess everything, I’m hoping for the worst to happen and I feel like I would probably chicken out before I can ever mutter a word.” Nako talked, as she pretended the bird could understand her. She lets out a giggle as the bird only responds with a squawk.

“One vanilla latte and a woman over there told me to give you a bird cookie.” The waiter said, pointing to a table before leaving, Nako looked over and saw someone that made her smile quickly go away. She immediately panicked when she saw that person walk over to her table.

“I wanted to apologize.” Chaewon spoke, Nako looked up at her and shrugged.

“Why? You can date her if you want but you know I won’t be the only one who is pissed at you,” Nako simply responded, knowing who she was talking about Chaewon let out a hum.

“Minju is too, I want to apologize to her but I don’t have the strength to confront her,” Chaewon expressed, Nako looked at her amusedly as she wondered why she told her this.

“Why are you telling me this? 

“The voices told me to, I just assumed you were here, but I’ll go and I’m sorry once again.” Chaewon says before leaving the cafe, Nako looks back at the bird on her finger before letting out a sigh.

-- 

Later

Afternoon has now hit, the time being 3 pm, which means Hitomi only had 30 minutes left to finish an assignment and 40 minutes to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter